Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 41 Discussion/42 Predictions

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 41 Discussion/42 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I dont know why people think soma would lose, probably be another tie of hilariously bad food dishes.
    It's a possibility, but from what I gleaned in the last several pages, the battle has serious tone, at least I felt that way.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo, It should be a serious battle. At least that Jouichirou has another reason, still unknown to us, to come to his academy. But the plot is that he cares about his son and he's following his education. So he didn't come to play who makes the worst dish. Souma will learn some lesson or important information out of all of this.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

A thought that come to my mind now it was the reaction of Doujima about Tadokoro and her care about your dishes. She always cook thinking in who will eat the dish. This is similar with Jouichirou now, too, and thinking that something happened in the past that made him change I guess Doujima remember something about his past when he saw Tadokoro style...
    Maybe Tadokoro has more similirity with Souma's mother? I think reasonable. This makes me think that Tadokoro could be Souma's partner instead of Erina in the future.
    Last edited by Leoat12; September 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

This is another Aya vs Tsukasa argument all over again. Is this a popular trend in mangaka circle? Because we keep having similar setting in different manga stories.

Another reason about Jouichirou walked out was his future wife was kicked out of school unfairly hence he never graduated due to the disagreement with someone powerful in school system like Erina parents.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

100% sure Soma will lose to Jouichiro but it will also be like i forgot what manga or anime it was but the scenario was

he always fight with his master an uber powerful guy and he always lose to his master and then 1 day he fought someone and he just win in a matter of seconds

i think i happens in this manga

Soma fights with Dad and Soma always lose thinking that he lost because his cooking is not great but in fact Soma cooking is already equal to an Elite Ten member because of the countless of times he fights with his dad in Yukihara it's like Soma's technique is already honed at Yukihara because of Soma Vs Dad battles

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The shy girl and tsundere are archetype of manga. You will find them everywhere. But as of now you can't really say this one focus on romance. The main character is totally dense on that side and only Nikumi has shown romantic feeling on the girl side (there is also the middle school girl but we don't know how often she will come back). That's why Souma does not really look like a harem manga and why I enjoy it.

As for the battle with his dad, I don't see him winning. Like someone said it's more provably a kind of training for the autumn election.
    Last edited by k-dom; September 28, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, when I said "partner" I meant partner as cook, not in something romantic. I agree with k-dom, Souma is completely dense about romance and I don't think that the series will go to a romantic side in any moment in the future. IIRC I said it before in the Kaarage arc.
    Nikumi love is just for a comical effect in my opinion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

This 1 seemed a good place to start.... I have been absent for almost 30 weeks for work and I had to marathon read this 1 and boy it was worth it. But since this is about the last chapter.....

I think Father will polish him real good as it should be expected but I have a suspicion the reason he came is entirely different than we might think. I also think for some reason Erina will learn about Souma's father being her 1st love probably near the end. I have to say the next arc may be even better than the Training camp 1 and I also want the sempais to return thou doesnt seem all that likely....Hopefully we can at least find out about all of the Elite 10.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the manga is not focused on romance, but on cooking (did someone said that already?), even if there are characters that show romantic feelings. It should be fun to see Erina struggling with her feelings towards a chef that can please her Goddess tongue; I think the story will advance at some point in that direction.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I guess that is the same impression that mangaupdates or batoto has when they classify this manga in the category of romance. So not focused on romance, as its main topic, yes; but even so, it seems romantic feelings will play a role in the plot. It should be not the kind of development in Natsu no Zinjetsu, but it could be, for instance, the kind of role played by Boa's infatuation for Luffy, in the sense that it's a feeling that increase the comedic side of the story.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2