Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Recruiting for Balikatan Group Scans (New Group) - Various Positions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ominae's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Recruiting for Balikatan Group Scans (New Group) - Various Positions

Hey folks. Been a while.
    Hey to everyone in the MU forums.

I used to be with Domo Scans back in the days and led it for a few weeks before it got closed down after being passed responsibility to it by the leader, which was one big thing for me at the time. So I've been doing things on and off, such as finding good manga RAWs to let groups translate with some luck, and trying to learn Japanese, although that resulted in learning Japanese 100/101 at a community college I go to. So not enough Japanese there, but it's a start..

I want to get back in the game by starting up a scanlation group that will do shounen/seinen mangas that either no one has ever touched except licensed mangas (which is another thing since I'm not touching manga that is currently licensed with exception to those that have been dropped), or those that have not been touched for a long time. Some of these mangas I have in mind do include Shotaro Ishinomori and Leiji Matsumoto, though they're just on the side. If someone wants to know what names of mangas that I'm looking at, feel free to holler. I'd like to assure anyone interested that I have good RAWs in hand.

The usual positions include (at least 1-2) cleaners, editors, typesetters, proofreaders (at least one since I'm going to do double duty here) and probably someone who can assist with getting files online in order to distribute and a website up for the group (Though if there's a scanlation group position that I have not heard of yet since being absent from the scene, let me know). I'll take the position of being the RAW supplier of said mangas. But the most important is a translator/s who can translate from Japanese to English since I'm not confident on mine for obvious reasons.

Since I don't have any means to test if you're good for the positions I got, the only thing that does matter for now is that I need your word that you're good at it.

That's it then. I await any responses or offers.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:

Cleaners
    Editors
    Typesetters
    Japanese - English Translator
    Last edited by Ominae; October 24, 2013 at 03:04 AM.

"Protect Our Legacy from Evil Forces" - Unknown Hebrew Message on Rectangular Message Plate in 1998 Applied Physics Conference.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recruiting for an upcoming scanlation group

Little bit of an update:

Cleaner (ONE POST LEFT)
    Editors
    Proofreaders (POSTS TAKEN)
    Typesetter (ONE POST LEFT)
    Webmaster (POST TAKEN - Someone agreed to help with website setting.)

So far, so good. If anyone wants to help out, even on a bit of a temporary basis, let me know here.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Doing a weekly bump:

Need to fill out these positions:

Quote Quote:
    Cleaner (ONE POST LEFT)
    Proofreaders (POSTS TAKEN)
    Aside from these, I'm looking for a Chinese-English translator (with emphasis on reading and understanding Traditional Chinese) since I'm looking at Hong Kong-based manhua, Korean-English translator and a scanner who knows how to debind mangas/manhuas without getting the pages damaged.

Please note that I decided to remove the editor position and split it between cleaners and typesetters.

I just want to make things clear with the positions I'm looking for once I can get the sub domain up and running.

Cleaner - Your job is to clean up the text in the text bubbles as they appear in the manga/manhua unless instructed. Make sure you're familiar with Photoshop or a similar program.

Editor – Your job is to straighten up pages that may not look straight from a scan, merge two pages together if and when they form a picture/scene and to enhance the image of the scan prior to typesetting.

Typesetter - Your job is to type in the translated text as instructed.

Proofreader - In charge of QC to make sure the text is grammatically correct without spelling or other kinds of errors on it.

PS for Scanners - Let me know what kind of scanner you use and the specs.

---------- Post added October 09, 2013 at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was October 01, 2013 at 08:16 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Quote Quote:
    Traditional Chinese - English Translator
    Korean-English Translator
    I'll need someone who can be a scanner. Looking for more staff members. Getting in touch with someone who wants to be another cleaner.

---------- Post added October 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was October 09, 2013 at 11:34 PM ----------

I may need an extra cleaner since it's been a while since I heard from one of the cleaners I recruited.

Also looking for typesetters, editors, proofreaders and Japanese/Chinese (Traditional)/Korean-English translators.

Here for a warning though on what the editor is suppose to do:

Quote Quote:
    Your job is to straighten up pages that may not look straight from a scan, merge two pages together if and when they form a picture/scene and to enhance the image of the scan prior to typesetting.
    ---------- Post added November 17, 2013 at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

On an urgent recruitment drive for cleaners, typesetters and editors.
    Last edited by Ominae; October 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

"Protect Our Legacy from Evil Forces" - Unknown Hebrew Message on Rectangular Message Plate in 1998 Applied Physics Conference.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pipeds's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recruiting for Balikatan Group Scans (New Group) - Various Positions

hello there...
    I'm a beginner in terms of pretty much everything but I can do typsetting, cleaning and redrawing.
    Although the only manga that I have worked on is the God Eater - The Spiral of Fate(you can check it out on Mangafox, I was the one who posted the remaining vol. 1 and 2)
    Just want to apply to enhance my skills and those kind of things.
    hope for your reply.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey pipeds, you still available?

Meanwhile, urgent looking for typesetters ready to go.

---------- Post added January 02, 2014 at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was December 11, 2013 at 05:58 AM ----------

Done with our first release.

Opening the door to various positions. Although at this point, the group does need Japanese-English translators if we're to finish up Dancing Policeman.

Head to the forums and sign up for a position.

---------- Post added January 22, 2014 at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2014 at 02:43 AM ----------

Bumping to get recruits. Proofreader is now closed.

---------- Post added January 28, 2014 at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was January 22, 2014 at 05:00 AM ----------

Another bump. Reply here if you want to help out since I need to get the rest of Dancing Policeman done.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pipeds's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, kinda busy now since I'm working on the Persona Manga. Sorry.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wished that you left a message before, mate.

Back to square one in looking for staff to release more Dancing Policeman.

---------- Post added February 21, 2014 at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2014 at 06:13 PM ----------

Due to loss of staff, I'm recruiting new ones again as a Chinese-English translator has kindly approached me and offered to work with me on a project.

All positions available except for proofreaders. Japanese-English translator/s needed to help finish up Dancing Policeman.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer recruitment time, folks. Decided to open the group again to all positions, including a proofreader or two since I'm eager to get back Dancing Policeman on track again. I really do need Japanese-English translators.

For more details, the forum is in here.

Due to security precautions, especially with spammers, please e-mail at balikatangroupscans[at]gmail.com and let me know about your username so that I can accept you in the forum. When you do, let me know what the position you want to apply for.

----
    Someone replied for a proofreader position. Will get back to the person tomorrow.

---------- Post added April 25, 2014 at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2014 at 03:32 PM ----------

Proofreader is taken.

Other positions, including a Japanese-English translator who is available to help translate Dancing Policeman and cleaners and editors are also needed.

---------- Post added May 16, 2014 at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was April 25, 2014 at 06:42 AM ----------

Bumping this up to appeal for cleaners/editors/typesetters.

I'm doing a Taiwanese manhua called Supercop/(超級警察 or 超级警察)
    Last edited by Ominae; April 09, 2014 at 08:08 AM.

New Reply