Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Creating new manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Thomey's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Creating new manga

Hey guys I've had this idea for a manga and I wanted to see what people think of it.

The story follows Toichi Mikasa a second year high school boy who used to go to Tanako South High, an all boys school, but now because of an unfortunate mix up most of the second and third year students now attend Tanako East High, an all girls school.

Toichi is now put into an uncomfortable situation since he went to an all boys school because of his selected mutism which is only triggered by girls, a secret that only his three best friends Tsukasa, Kaito and Maruko know about. To make matters worse he quickly becomes popular with some of the girls even though he hasn't said a word to any of them.

Soon enough Nadeshiko Hana, a girl who has a short temper, transfers to the school and is quick to dislike and insult Toichi because he is reluctant to talk to her. Annoyed by Nadeshiko bad mouthing him Toichi finally snaps and yells at her. Being shocked that he's able to talk to her, Nadeshiko decides to help him get over this fear of girls because "You'll be able to talk to other girls and leave me alone"
    And so beings Toichi and Nadeshiko's weird relationship.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Creating new manga

It's sort of a charming premise, actually, better than I expected. But still, it's exactly what you'd expect. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but y'know, I guess the reader can tell you're very familiar with the genre, and you'd use very common tropes.

But that's actually good, I think. You'd probably be able to carry the story far, because it seems like you'd know how to develop on this premise in a way most people couldn't.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Thomey's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Creating new manga

Thanks for the kind words, I feel a bit more confident about my story now.

New Reply