Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 130 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner coniurare's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 130 Discussion / 131 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrzy View Post
    Haha Even if you think of it as 3 months, thats like 12 chapters. To finish up this series. Assuming they dont miss a chapter, I dont see how they can wrap this up in 12 chapters. The fight between ghost hands and shioon took like 8 chapters, Albeit, they had to change it around because he was going to win too fast. But still what do we expect? One chapter for GMR landing, One for shioon being debriefed, then in 10 chapters he has to beat all 5 captains, and smug face and potentially fight hyuk so chun. WAY TO MUCH in 3 months worth of chapters.
    Yeah, I don't see how they can end part 2 in a satisfying way if it ends with a fight against the S.U.C. There are not enough chapters even if the author decides to speed up the pace with which the manhwa is moving.

Maybe they don't end part 2 with a fight against the S.U.C. Maybe we see 9AD arrive and prepare the S.U.C for taking over Seoul, and Shioon training with Elder Kwon (maybe with a timeskip at the beginning of part 3). Since part 2 was mostly about Shioon growing as a person and finding his way back in to the Murim I can totally see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    the MangaFox's date on New Waves start at Oct 11 2011 hahahah yeah i can say that the story is slow now hahahaha
    which is 1 year late to the party. It actually started november 2010. ^^

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

just read the A-Teams scan and pretty much sums all Kaiser's plans

he just want to use the Murim World to intimidate the politicians or people in power

he just explained that even if you have those high tech security the murim-in can pretty much kill you either way

Kaiser wants Seoul to acquire the murim world and that is what the MI6 and NIS understand is that Kaiser and the Five wants to rule Korea but in fact Kaiser just needs the Murim World

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little bit of input on the discussion regarding publication time on The Breaker vs New Waves.

"The Breaker was serialized in Daiwon C.I.'s Young Champ's magazine between June 1, 2007 and July 20, 2010."

and

"The sequel, The Breaker: New Waves, is currently serialized on Daum Communications' online comics portal beginning 2010."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bre...hwa%29#Release

Just a note of point:

The Breaker was published over the course of three years, with bi-weekly releases, and 72 chapters at the end which had an average of 25-30 pages.

New Waves has been published over the course of three years, with weekly releases, presently 130 chapters with a few more to go, and an average of 18-20 pages.

New Waves has given us nearly twice the amount of material in the same amount of time. It seems, to me, rather silly and certainly incorrect to call this "slow."

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner coniurare's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    "The sequel, The Breaker: New Waves, is currently serialized on Daum Communications' online comics portal beginning 2010."
    To add to that, the exact date New Waves started was the 8th October 2010.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

although what he said was just a little repetitive I was moved when tearful he thanked the elder...
    elders+jinie:
    shioon:
    Last edited by [ki{kk}o]; September 28, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

- I believe the website of Daum (the publisher) is open in Sera's computer on the cover. It was a nice touch

- I do think that whole body rebirth will be properly managed by the Gaju who is trying to save Shiho. Shioon's new state might even help him resurrect Shiho faster.

- Since Shioon won the duel, he will have a request to be granted by the Ghost Hands. I was actually sure that Shioon would ask him to come along and heal his mother. Let's see if the authors have something else in their minds. I just hope that they didn't forget about the request part

- I think GMR being on the move eliminates the possibility of a time skip anytime soon. I actually prefer it that way since we'll be able to witness Elder Kwon and Shioon's training sessions.

- First course of action for GMR will be confronting SUC. Bald Ryu will challenge him, GMR hands his *ss over. Then he will give new orders to Smug face on how to control Seoul.

- It'll also be interesting to see how GMR reacts to how Murim and SUC have been treating Shioon. He'll probably conceal his true feelings but we're bound to see his rage especially against SUC in the following chapters. On SUC's defence, they initially wanted to recruit Shioon.

- Let's keep in my that final boss is not GMR but Kaiser! So, at some point, GMR will change sides and unite with Shioon & Shiho against Kaiser. That part might actually be at the end of Breaker NW. This possibility might be the reason why Kaiser sent so many fighters with GMR. These people are probably hand picked to eliminate GMR if anything goes south.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xbreak's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    - Let's keep in my that final boss is not GMR but Kaiser! So, at some point, GMR will change sides and unite with Shioon & Shiho against Kaiser. That part might actually be at the end of Breaker NW. This possibility might be the reason why Kaiser sent so many fighters with GMR. These people are probably hand picked to eliminate GMR if anything goes south.
    Shioon vs Kaiser is a fight that will probably not happen this year or next year. So my guess is we will see it in Breaker Part 3.

Since i know that GMR is heading towards Seoul i can hardly control my excitement. But how many chapters will it be until we actually see his arrival in Seoul?

Shion crushing the SUC will at least need the next 50 chapters. That's my estimation. So that's at least one more year. When the SUC attacks Seoul it's unlikely that the Murim/MAA ignore it and let do Shion all the fighting. So there will be a lot of fighting scenes. I'm really looking forward to it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you think Kaiser is the final boss over 9AD? There is nothing to indicate that he is some hidden badass martial artist. He is the boss, but that doesn't make him the strongest or anything. Especially in this series.

He has appreciation for the murim-in's capabilities, but he is basically a gangster. His threat comes from ruthlessness and resources, not his personal skill.
    Last edited by Bludvein; September 29, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what kind of hellish training shiwoon will subject himself now to go turbo. He knows how to do that meditation thing but that is not to learn new attacks rather to hone oneself against past foes by fighting them over and over again. I think the sunwoo elders will now teach him all/most of the sunwoo techs to make him a living weapon....
    Eagerly anticipating the new shiwoon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    Why would you think Kaiser is the final boss over 9AD? There is nothing to indicate that he is some hidden badass martial artist. He is the boss, but that doesn't make him the strongest or anything. Especially in this series.

He has appreciation for the murim-in's capabilities, but he is basically a gangster. His threat comes from ruthlessness and resources, not his personal skill.
    While it's possible that Kaiser may just basically be a gangster with no martial arts skill, it is not completely far fetched that he could be a Master Martial Artist. One thing to take into consideration is that Kaiser has been familiar with the Murim world since before even GMR knew about it. For all we know Kaiser could be another incredible Shioon like prodigy. There are also a number of martial artists that likely originate from Murim that are under his command. Those from Murim are said to show deference to those with strength. There is the third Illwalsidan and his interest in Sosul's body's condition and potential.

I also think it would be fitting if Kaiser is some sort of master that gained all of his techniques from the various young masters of Murim that couldn't get a foothold in the MAA because of the old establishment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    While it's possible that Kaiser may just basically be a gangster with no martial arts skill, it is not completely far fetched that he could be a Master Martial Artist. One thing to take into consideration is that Kaiser has been familiar with the Murim world since before even GMR knew about it. For all we know Kaiser could be another incredible Shioon like prodigy. There are also a number of martial artists that likely originate from Murim that are under his command. Those from Murim are said to show deference to those with strength. There is the third Illwalsidan and his interest in Sosul's body's condition and potential.

I also think it would be fitting if Kaiser is some sort of master that gained all of his techniques from the various young masters of Murim that couldn't get a foothold in the MAA because of the old establishment.
    I think if he was that skilled it would've been mentioned. Even if he is a master, I doubt his skill is anywhere near 9AD's. 9AD could fight strong masters like a dozen at a time. By the time Shioon is ready for the BFD(and 9AD in particular), he will be a one-of-a-kind monster.

Not to say Kaiser isn't a threat, because he is, but he isn't going to follow murim code. He would pull a gun or something. Not really final boss material.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to say Kaiser isn't a threat, because he is, but he isn't going to follow murim code. He would pull a gun or something. Not really final boss material.
    Actualy that make him a perfect material for final boss he is a "Breaker" in his own way then.
    And to even further notice, even if he cant do any MA thats mean nothing, just remember the ending of Hellsing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaiser is fitting to be the final boss in this series

He knows what BOT is i mean MMA put a gag order for the people who know BOT
    He also knows Unwol
    He knows everything in the murim

Kaiser is not his real name maybe he is from murim but in a different way like murim world that we know(READERS) is from Korea

but if you look at Kaiser's background he is a German Nationality that means he was not born in korea and maybe he know the murim and other martial art world beside korea and he find that Korean Murim is one of the best

Dimitri is Russian and maybe knows Russian martial arts, Sambo or other Modern Russian Martial Arts
    Takeshi is Japanese and knows Iaido

maybe Kaiser is a Martial Arts Master but in a different country that's why even GMR does not know him at all

also we don't even know how GMR and Kaiser met and why GMR is following Kaiser's orders what if

Kaiser and GMR spar you know like what happen in Ryuji and Mustache Butler (that those techs are like from GMR)

maybe Kaiser and GMR spar and Kaiser said that your martial arts is like Unwol's martial arts

there is also a possibility that Kaiser and Unwol met long time ago maybe MMA give invitations to other martial artist in the world to see the Martial Arts Tournament (you know to show how powerful Korean Murim are) and Kaiser got an invitation and travel to Korea from Germany and met Unwol

like Smug Face said that "Isn't murim all about one's skills after all?" maybe this happen Kaiser's German Martial Art Vs Unwol's Korean Martial Art
    Last edited by kidopitz27; September 30, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if he was that skilled it would've been mentioned. Even if he is a master, I doubt his skill is anywhere near 9AD's. 9AD could fight strong masters like a dozen at a time. By the time Shioon is ready for the BFD(and 9AD in particular), he will be a one-of-a-kind monster.

Even if Kaiser isn't a martial artist, one should take down several near GMR-levels just to reach him. Whichever way you look at it, he is very cunning and powerful. He definitely have something up his sleeve even if it is not martial arts. However, the last chapter pretty much gives away his identity IMO. He talks about politicians/people in power as opposition. Furthermore he wants to control those type of people which tells us that he's actually on the other end of the spectrum as a martial artist. The only thing we don't know is how powerful he really is. Maybe even stronger than Elder Kwon???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have not seen mentioned in all this debate over whether or not Kaiser is a hidden master is the fact that there is still one more super pill floating around. Shiho stole three from the one moon school in the original breaker. One was given to Shioon, and the other we can assume was given to Sosul, but where the third ended up is anybody's guess. I think we can expect this to come up at some point, whether Kaiser is keeping it for himself or some kind of hidden scheme.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast