Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's Magi?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

1 10.00%
  • Excellent

7 70.00%
  • Top 10 in Magi

2 20.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Magi 198 Discussion/199 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 198 Discussion/199 Predictions

I finally get to comment this chapter!
    Sinbad is as shady as ever, i love the face he makes when Yunan scolds him. But i wonder how he would have used kogyoku to his advantage.
    Morgiana finally meets Mu and the Fanalis corps! I hope Ohtaka will show more of this next week. It's clear she didn't have enough pages for this scene, with so many important things going on.
    And Titus ! So he didn't really die after all. That's a nice way to make him come back. But sadly Scheherazade is dead... no more female magi....
    Anyway, the last page is so heartwarming, glad to see sphintus once again. I love the note about the arc's end, you really feel the story has come a long way. So what now? I'm as eager as Kouen to hear about Alma toran. Is Aladdin going to the Ko empire ? If so I hope he won't be separated from Alibaba and Mor.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Magi can just be created--Sherry had to die in order for Titus' resurrection, and there needed to be an appropriate vessel for him as well since one of her clones remained. So I think with those restrictions, it's difficult for him to just create a Magi out of nothingness.

Which still makes me wonder how Aladdin came to be, but that will be answered in due time, I suppose.

I want to see a chapter or two of winding down, see Aladdin, Ali, and Mor just chilling or something. And Ali and Mor meeting Aladdin's friends and stuff. But since he got hijacked, I guess that's not happening next.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    It seems he was only able to resurrect Titus like that because Scheherazade already had those clones ready. Otherwise the rukh would have to go into an infant. I think that's the restrictions you're talking about.

even if thats the case she should have waited a few more chapters at least to bring back titus , it seemed a very rushed plot development which somewhat downgraded the sacrifice of him... am assuming mangaka has some greater reasons to stick with the sudden revival of titus ...
    but if it was done only to give a happy ending to the arc then it was a bad move by ohtaka ...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headless nick View Post
    even if thats the case she should have waited a few more chapters at least to bring back titus , it seemed a very rushed plot development which somewhat downgraded the sacrifice of him... am assuming mangaka has some greater reasons to stick with the sudden revival of titus ...
    but if it was done only to give a happy ending to the arc then it was a bad move by ohtaka ...
    hmm.. I think the reason why Titus was revived was because the presence of Al Thamen. They know that Scheherazade had died after the battle with the Medium, and it seems like she's a grave threat to them, they'll use that chance to attack Reim. The Reim empire without its magi is nothing but a weak country to them. Scherry has been the one who holds the strong foundation of the empire, with her loss, the foundation would fall. Scherry (well her ego perhaps?) can be revived into one of her clones anytime she had wanted to, but instead, she let Titus to be revived.

I think it was the plot twist here. Aladdin, Marga and the rest of thought that Titus has already gone. But then with one shooting star, he was instantly been revived.

I agree it looked like a "happily ever after" move, but through this a lot of doors to new plots has been opened

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was re reading chapter 146 and as I thought he really did hypnotize her with Zepar.I completely forgot about it .
    What a bastard.
    Last edited by ladylola; September 25, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3