Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

8 44.44%
  • Good

8 44.44%
  • Okay

2 11.11%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 353 Discussion / 354 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 353 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Here it is:
    Spoiler show

Still DS magic seems to be the top slaying magic seeing that Godslaying can be learnt from books and the same goes most likely for Demonslaying too. But DS can't be learnt from books. You eihter have to infuse a Dragon lacryma in your body or be taught by an actual Dragon.
    That's what I covered in my previous post, actually. I think the 3 Slaying magics form a hierarchical structure or a pyramid-like structure with dragonslaying magic at the top.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 353 Discussion / 354 Predictions

The two things I got from this chapter are that Acnologia may actually be E.N.D. or the instrument to bring it about, especially since it seems so closely related to Zeref. And also, that Lumen Histoire has a great chance of being something related to the dragon king...we've seen the dragon king mentioned independently of both Igneel and Acnologia and it was already safe to assume that neither of them held such a title. Acnologia isn't an original dragon and killed many of them, and Igneel is probably the dragon who started the war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The english is not my first language, so I tried to translate the title of the next chapter "Effy artis" with the translator of Google, but it did not give any result, for this reason can someone say me the meaning of that next title???

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As a native English speaker, I assumed it was a different language. Or something Mashima made up that translators didn't want to write as Effii Arutisu.

The more I think about it, the more I find E.N.D. Way more interesting than this Silver guy. He's either going to be a way to bring another Ur lover into the story, or devalue the loss of Gray's parents/create another uniting child and father moment like with Gildarts/Rip off the Musica thing from Rave Master. Or have no relation to anyone in which case he'd better turn out to be interesting on his own.

But the E.N.D. thing. What is it? I like to think it has something to do with Natsu. Like, Natsu himself is somehow a part of E.N.D. and Igneel's last effort to stop it was to try and raise Natsu to not trigger whatever Zeref meant to do. Or something. Or Igneel raised Natsu to stop it, and Zeref wants it stopped to despite it being his own spell and that was why he was so happy to see Natsu back then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Fairy Tail 353 Discussion / 354 Predictions

I see a very similar face between gray and silver....his dad or bro maybe?
    Also, look at their names. Gray and silver. Both colours have the same shade.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    I see a very similar face between gray and silver....his dad or bro maybe?
    Also, look at their names. Gray and silver. Both colours have the same shade.
    More than that.

Look at Silvers Earrings.
    Crosses.

Look at Grays....neck...lace (?)

Also, Ice and Ice?

Visiting a Grave, Ur perhaps?
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FirenX's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Compare the ruins with chapter 38 it's pretty certain he is talking about Ul.

We still don't know how Zeref knew about Natsu on Tenroujima.

Silver is somebody related to Ul or he is Gray who traveled back 400 years ago and resided in the Celestial Spirit world to avoid aging.

1 day = 3 months
    4 days = 1 year
    1600 days~ 5 years = 400 years

If I assume that FT was involved in 777, then it could be an aged Gray.

Most Lost Magic Arts had a backdraw.
    Such as overusing turned you into a tree or you lost your physical body.

What if God Slayer Magic is an unfinished form of Magic and if you combine it with other Magic it becomes an uncontrollable Magic named Devil Slayer Magic.
    Such as Dragon+God Slayer Magic = Dragon Devil Slaying Magic(Submission Magic didn't work on Acnologia because he is partially Human and Devil, since Zeref created Devils)

It pretty much looks like the power couldn't be controlled because it killed a Dragon-->It's not Dragon Slayer Magic and it froze the entire surroundings. Even Iced Shell froze only Deloria.

This chapter shows that Dragon Slaying Magic isn't the only magic being able to kill Dragons.

This could be a reason why Tataros is called a Dark Guild, because they involve innocents.
    Oracion Seis wanted to use Nirvana
    Grimoire Heart was looking for the "Keys of Zeref"
    Tataros ???/Slaying Demons while destroying entire surroundings.

Another suggestion would be the scar on the head.
    Carla sees alternative timelines:
    Who died in the vision of Ch. 201(Ultear lost against Zeref and couldn't reset time?)
    The Scar on his head is from a third timeline where he gets shot but survives.

Given the Ranks in Tataros there seem to be 9 coremembers covering up with FT characters:
    Gray = Silver
    Lucy = Leila
    Natsu, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus, Erza and Wendy would already be 8 characters.

If we assume the 9th character is the guild master which could be the 4th founding member of FT it's quiet possible that Tataros = FT members who travelled back 400 years and went to the year 777

In my Opinion you got the best theory up till now.
    If you recollect all the things that happened till now, it'll make the most sense to me right now.
    Future FT Members who went back 400 Years in time to stop Zeref's reign of terror.
    And I definitely bet my a**, that Lumen Histoire will play a heavy role in that one. Like Ivan and Mavis said: ''Lumen Histoire is FT's Darkness/Light''. Maybe it's a time portal or something, if not even Magic from the book of Zeref.

About Silver: If you look closely on his facepoints, he kinda looks like Gray (Eyes, face build etc.).

I really like the rising development of the story and the characters. Fairy Tail will definitely End with an overall epic Clash.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or looks Chelia's hip a bit messed...? /nitpick

Anyways a fine chapter. Was about time another kind of "non-human slayer" appears, and it's only logical to bring up more stuff like that.
    Last edited by hoeru; September 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Compare the ruins with chapter 38 it's pretty certain he is talking about Ul.

We still don't know how Zeref knew about Natsu on Tenroujima.

Silver is somebody related to Ul or he is Gray who traveled back 400 years ago and resided in the Celestial Spirit world to avoid aging.

1 day = 3 months
    4 days = 1 year
    1600 days~ 5 years = 400 years

If I assume that FT was involved in 777, then it could be an aged Gray.

Most Lost Magic Arts had a backdraw.
    Such as overusing turned you into a tree or you lost your physical body.

What if God Slayer Magic is an unfinished form of Magic and if you combine it with other Magic it becomes an uncontrollable Magic named Devil Slayer Magic.
    Such as Dragon+God Slayer Magic = Dragon Devil Slaying Magic(Submission Magic didn't work on Acnologia because he is partially Human and Devil, since Zeref created Devils)

It pretty much looks like the power couldn't be controlled because it killed a Dragon-->It's not Dragon Slayer Magic and it froze the entire surroundings. Even Iced Shell froze only Deloria.

This chapter shows that Dragon Slaying Magic isn't the only magic being able to kill Dragons.

This could be a reason why Tataros is called a Dark Guild, because they involve innocents.
    Oracion Seis wanted to use Nirvana
    Grimoire Heart was looking for the "Keys of Zeref"
    Tataros ???/Slaying Demons while destroying entire surroundings.

Another suggestion would be the scar on the head.
    Carla sees alternative timelines:
    Who died in the vision of Ch. 201(Ultear lost against Zeref and couldn't reset time?)
    The Scar on his head is from a third timeline where he gets shot but survives.

Given the Ranks in Tataros there seem to be 9 coremembers covering up with FT characters:
    Gray = Silver
    Lucy = Leila
    Natsu, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus, Erza and Wendy would already be 8 characters.

If we assume the 9th character is the guild master which could be the 4th founding member of FT it's quiet possible that Tataros = FT members who travelled back 400 years and went to the year 777
    Your theory blew my mind. Its pretty damn good

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Except that Silver's scar is different from Gray's.

Spoiler show

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this silver guy the demon slayer, seems like an interesting character

he doesnt exactly seem evil, however he certainly seems like he should be powerful

i am trying to figure out what he gained from freezing atlus and the village of giants.....

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    That's what I covered in my previous post, actually. I think the 3 Slaying magics form a hierarchical structure or a pyramid-like structure with dragonslaying magic at the top.
    this is an interesting theory, their could be some venn diagram aspect to the magics where they are connected or overlap some way

i wonder how many other "slayer"magics are out there....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Zeref beliefs that Natsu wields a power that can kill him, then why doesn't he train Natsu himself? If he thinks that Natsu is taking to long to achieve that power?

Like I sais Silver didn't freeze Atlas Flame but only the the flame of Atlas. You all should have seen that the spirit of Atlas was enough to melt the ice of Silver. If Silver would have faced against a living Atlas he would be dead by now. We have also to remember that Igneel said it himelf. Can humans really surpass Dragons?
    Which means til now no human surpassed a Dragon. That is why I belive that what we got about Acnologia might be what the humans got as an information not the genuine one. It's like the information about Zeref which was all wrong in the end.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I wonder if Zeref beliefs that Natsu wields a power that can kill him, then why doesn't he train Natsu himself? If he thinks that Natsu is taking to long to achieve that power?

Like I sais Silver didn't freeze Atlas Flame but only the the flame of Atlas. You all should have seen that the spirit of Atlas was enough to melt the ice of Silver. If Silver would have faced against a living Atlas he would be dead by now. We have also to remember that Igneel said it himelf. Can humans really surpass Dragons?
    Which means til now no human surpassed a Dragon. That is why I belive that what we got about Acnologia might be what the humans got as an information not the genuine one. It's like the information about Zeref which was all wrong in the end.
    there is certainly something significant about natsu dragneel other than being raised by igneel and being a DS

when zeref saw him on the island it left all of us trying to figure out what is going on or what the connection was between the two of them

honestly mashima has me stumped on that matter

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the iffy part about the devil slayer development is that so far devils seem to be creations of good old zeref. The situation is even weirder considering the garuna island guys are not actually in any form evil. I am thinking that perhaps the tartarus guys are not necessarily evil although the means to achieve what they want could be questionable. Perhaps they will be a guild that wants to destroy zeref? Or perhaps they want to bring back someone who would compete with zeref to rule or destroy the world....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To me the iffy part about the devil slayer development is that so far devils seem to be creations of good old zeref. The situation is even weirder considering the garuna island guys are not actually in any form evil. I am thinking that perhaps the tartarus guys are not necessarily evil although the means to achieve what they want could be questionable. Perhaps they will be a guild that wants to destroy zeref? Or perhaps they want to bring back someone who would compete with zeref to rule or destroy the world....
    hmm well i will say this

i do believe its perplexing that a "devil slayer" would be a bad guy, as one would assume someone who "slays devils" would be on the side of good

however i could see someone learning devil slayer magic and still having their own self interests instead of using that magic to fight "devils"

i do not know if devils or demons are solely creations of zeref, or if they also originate from some type of "hell" or other evil place

i will say that mashima seems to have this all planned out pretty well

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast