Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 162 Discussion/163 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 162 Discussion/163 Predictions

I don't think contestants who failed Plug can be summoned. We see that members of FUG and Mad Dog teams can, but none of those who failed Plug. I'd contribute that to a bad translation, just like last time's "friendly fire" misunderstanding.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Uhm really? Do you know which chapter? I only remember those pages from Chapter 151 (#1, #2) and there is nothing that implies Varagarv being experimented on.

With normal regulars I mean very strong - in terms of combat - people, who are not born into a famous family or obtained power through experiments. It's like real power is reserved for Irregulars, Regulars from famous families and people who successfully underwent an experiment. Well, for the most part at least.

LOL, that was a good one!
    It wasn't a chapter, think it was from one of his blog posts, check out http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...y-Translations

Yeah, I guess they're pretty rare. But then we do have people like Hatsu and Leesoo. Possibly Chang too. That's also not taking into account the rankers we know of who don't seem to belong to any particular family, or are associated with one of the minor ones, like Lero, Quant, Love, etc, but must have been very strong regulars. But yeah, it seems the very top tiers are reserved for irregulars, family members or experimentees.

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    It was revealed, they mentioned that in order to get so strong the Pit Fighters had their blood experimented with, something akin to what Zahard does for his Princesses.

Don't know if this was an oversight, but team FUG has one more member taking part in this round than team mad dog.

For me this chapter reveals a big mistake/problem from SIU. If you can purchased contestants who have failed then that means the Plug round was basically next to useless. All it did was help rank contestants.
    I think they're only able to purchase contestants who fail this round, hence why Koon needs team FUG to lose so he can summon Baam. So those who failed the plug round are still very much out.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Wow, I reread the text, and in fact, it doesn't say the rings were explosive devices, only tracking ones. I'm not disappointed any longer about the rings. I read the chapter as if those were explosive and I was stacked on that minor 'plot hole'.

There is another character who could have make the contact between Mad Dog and Baam: Koon. I mean, when he said: "I'll win in the most vicious way", he knew he was going against FUG, so wouldn't he be able to search and find a powerful warrior who would help him against FUG? And if we accept Beta could have made that contact off panel, we also could accept it was Koon who made the contact.

... If FUG is vicious in bringing more than one team to the tourney, Koon is not naive at all neither.
    Possible. Koon could have revealed his identity to show that FUG is as much an enemy of his as they are to Mad Dog.
    Last edited by abc1233; October 07, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've said this a long time ago, but does anyone else totally get this feeling that Yuuto is Hwa Ryun? That red haired chick. She stuck with a red mask in S1, and they haven't spoken and in the latest chapter pg 12 you can kind of notice a female figure going on. I was semi curious how all this information about FUG was leaking, and how Baam would be able to escape this, because lets face it, Lee-ro probably wont be enough to fight all the FUG rankers.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, do yo live near to Frankfurt and still hesitating about going to see SIU? Here a text published in Naver and its translation by Random Webtoon-Fan from Batoto:

Quote Quote:
    12~13일은 작가 사인회가 진행된다. 이번 ‘2013 프랑크푸르트 도서전’를 통해 유럽에 신작 ‘만화 삼국지’를 선보이는 이현세 작가, ‘노블레스’의 손제호 작가와 이광수 작가, ‘신의 탑’의 작가 SIU, ‘갓 오브 하이스쿨’의 박용제 작가 등의 만화가들이 그간 유럽에 소개되지 않았던 작품들의 영문판을 준비해 현장에서 직접 사인하여 무료 배포할 예정이다.

12~13th will have authors' signature giveaway. Three Kingdoms Comic's Leehyunsae, Noblesse's Shon Jaehoe and Lee Guang soo, Tower of God's SIU, God of Highschool's Park Yongjae will prepare English versions of Webtoons which were not introduced to Europe and give them away with signatures.
    Here the link to Naver news service: http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/en...1359120450.htm

Just wow!!! Please if someone gets a copy could post some scans? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or some script. It would be great to read that stuff.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just remember be polite and don't mention the scans it would be really bad for all of us not just you

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    just remember be polite and don't mention the scans it would be really bad for all of us not just you
    Ok, only the scripts then. That would be amazing.

---------- Post added October 11, 2013 at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2013 at 03:11 PM ----------

TheCompany version out: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/199965/...by_the-company

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

SIU's ending note:

Quote Quote:
    To be honest, I'm not in a condition to continue the work, but knowing that taking a lengthy break in a middle of the workshop battle isn't the best. So even if the pace is a bit too fast, I have decided to take a break after ending the current episode.
    So he's speeding the pace to be able to take a break. Imo, that neither wouldn't be the best to the story; even more it would be worse than taking a break. I think he's wrong and worrying too much about fulfill some kind of schedule or commitment he took, than about making the best to the story. This is very questionable action. Not happy with it at all.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tend to agree. The whole FUG = Enemy arc (so Arlen's Hand through the present) has been kind of poor. That time when he took the break for a few weeks, he should've just gotten the surgery that he needed then. Instead, he's given us poorer quality work and he's risked potentially permanent damage to his hand and wrist.

Some of the battles have been pointless. FUG vs S1 resulted in no one (well, who cared about Amigochaz in the first place?) getting defeated. We've had two pointless Anak vs Ran fights. We didn't even get Androssi vs Baam, which is what I wanted to see (all we see was a freezing and a kick or two).

Spoiler show

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in the previous FUG vs S1 or better Baam vs S1, S1 was beaten, which gave us a (short I admit) view of Baam's powers and skills. As a matter of fact, Amigochaz was useful for that purpose

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I recently got the time to clear my backlog on ToG.
    The thing that puzzles me the most that why did Varagarv agree to FUG's demands?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Well I recently got the time to clear my backlog on ToG.
    The thing that puzzles me the most that why did Varagarv agree to FUG's demands?
    They weren't FUG's demands, Baam and co teamed up with Varagarv against FUG

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3