Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: へっ!きたねえ花火だ

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Dat textwall.

*Looks at the "arf" in your thread title* Are you planning to make the arf-mance between Sky and I an arf-triangle?
    That reminds me... We need another textwall too...

The more the merrier...

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Ahh I see. I've only started the bass a few years ago. Though I practised relatively little, what helped me get along is my general experience from piano-playing, but I'm still on my way in learning bass-specific techniques. I absolutely love the jazz genre, but I play very little of it prior to bass and even now, I find it very difficult to get a hang of. Y'know, especially styles like what Marcus Miller or Victor Wooten plays. They have complete understanding of the music and it becomes part of them, hence being able to improvise whatever their heart feels like. I'm finding difficult in grasping hold of the forms and structures of this style, and as a result I couldn't unlock the potential in my fretless.

My Fender P-bass is Mexican. I was pretty much in the dark back then about basses (and I still am about lots of things such as the difference between where it's made etc,) and for a while I wished I got a Jazz bass instead because of the things I would like to play (only to later come to udnerstand the P-bass also provides a valuable tone that the Jazz bass cannot replace.) To say the obvious, the P-bass is deep and very warm, very solid-sounding. Since the tone is 'purer' than the Jazz bass, any effects I plug it through will give me a 'basic' and 'pure' version of that effect... not sure if that makes sense. You can get a taste of it here in my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jd5JOCOzIg (might want to turn down your volume a bit.) It isn't something I can achieve with my jazz bass.

I bought the Squier standard Jazz bass from a friend for pretty cheap, but it's soo damn heavy, much more than my P-bass, I didn't see that coming. It is also not very easy to play on, probably because it isn't Rosewood fingerboard hehe, and I should replace the strings... I'm thinking of round strings but I don't have too much experience in noting the difference. As an aside, the Fender Aerodyne looks really cool, maybe that will come after, when I can afford it hehe. But wow your arsenal sounds very sweet. A good jazz bass is always very exciting and satisfying to play.

After having followed your link to the JPX, I think I'll ditch my wishlist for yours :P ...until I looked at the price...... (Btw when I said LP I'm referring to a non-Gibson LP lol, but I would've dumped a Gibson LP for the JPX too, after looking at the specs...) Well the LP certain looks good but I'm actually buying things for basic recording purposes, and I thought the LP have access to a greater range of styles I can do with just one guitar. The only thing lacking is a whammy bar, and so I was looking at THIS for a while as well. I'm more into heavier styles so this would be more specific to my agenda than the typical LP. Floyd Rose, not recommended for a beginner but I think I can handle it.

Wow, musical family much? :P In terms of cymbals, it goes without saying it depends on your taste for sounds. I find the typical Zildjian too... dark(?) for my liking. They do good cymbals for sure (except for the pitch black cymbals lol, they sound plastic...) but I think your choice of cymbals have to fit the sound of the rest of your kit, too, and usually there are cymbals outside of the Zildjian range that go better with the sound I want for my kit. I outright dislike their smallest splashes (8" and 10", I like the 12") but I really like their ride cymbals.

I would prefer the typical Sabian crash over a Zildjian one in the general case. I'm a big fan of Paiste cymbals, but the hi-hats are so damn quiet lol, not suited for heavier styles. Zildjian hi-hats are more suitable for those. The Zildjian K series hi-hats and rides are generally really nice. I like that they retain a bit of dark-ish sound with the shimmering sound mixed in but not overly done. I like Paiste for the light and watery sounding fluff. Your typical Meinl is quite similar too, but I haven't tried out their darker stuff. I love china cymbals, and Wuhan does them exactly the way I love them.

All in all, it's really up to your taste, but just like any other instruments, choosing the right cymbals can more accurately define the character of your music... I'm a cross between light-heavy and light.

Argh long post lol.
    I think bass is easy to learn, but difficult to master. I'm not targeting myself to be a Victor Wooten level though. , for me personally as long as I could play rock songs and any songs people want me to play aside from very technical stuff, I'm fine with that.

Actually an Epiphone Les Paul is nice, and I prefer that rather than Ibanez, unless the majority of my interests are heavier stuff. Ibanez's neck is too thin for my big hands and somehow I need quite sometime to adjust to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    THREESOME!!!

That really sounded sexy to me.
    Not really

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you play bass as well? Interesting.

This thread is entirely tl;dr...but /subs

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I think bass is easy to learn, but difficult to master. I'm not targeting myself to be a Victor Wooten level though. , for me personally as long as I could play rock songs and any songs people want me to play aside from very technical stuff, I'm fine with that.

Actually an Epiphone Les Paul is nice, and I prefer that rather than Ibanez, unless the majority of my interests are heavier stuff. Ibanez's neck is too thin for my big hands and somehow I need quite sometime to adjust to it.
    Ah, I have small hands so Ibanez seems alright to me. But at the same time, it makes reaching certain intervals difficult on the bass...

I've been wanting to pop with the thumb, but I have never been successful in the past few years...

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Oh you play bass as well? Interesting.

This thread is entirely tl;dr...but /subs
    I so agree

Do you bass too? :D Let's bass talk <3

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you bass too? :D Let's bass talk <3
    Do you guys bass?

Unfortunately I can't, I don't have any talent regarding musical instruments.

If you're into aikido, Hamy can give you some tips, she's a master.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but I'm not any good at it. Just bought one to mess around on years ago. The strings are all probably dead, haven't replaced them in forever...

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I have small hands so Ibanez seems alright to me. But at the same time, it makes reaching certain intervals difficult on the bass...

I've been wanting to pop with the thumb, but I have never been successful in the past few years...
    What? It is possible to pop with your thumb? that sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Do you guys bass?

Unfortunately I can't, I don't have any talent regarding musical instruments.
    Talent is a myth unless you're aiming to be a professional. With consistent practices and ability to sustain boredom and frustration, being able to play musical instruments is an indescribably satisfying experience.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Talent is a myth unless you're aiming to be a professional. With consistent practices and ability to sustain boredom and frustration, being able to play musical instruments is an indescribably satisfying experience.
    I guess you're right, I don't have time or patience to learn one though since it's much harder and I prefer other things that I'm more talented at and thus enjoy more.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a myth...I've seen that it's not a myth ...there are some barriers even consistent practice, etc. are not able to climb

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're right, I don't have time or patience to learn one though since it's much harder and I prefer other things that I'm more talented at and thus enjoy more.
    Like what? Mr-No-Thread?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a boring and secretive guy, so I don't deserve a thread.

And I don't want to set a precedent for other techs.

I'm more of a sports guy, I enjoy playing football, basketball, (beach) volleyball, table tennis, etc. and I'm quite good at them, especially table tennis.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more of a sports guy, I enjoy playing football, basketball, (beach) volleyball, table tennis, etc. and I'm quite good at them, especially table tennis.
    Challenge accepted

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a height advantage in basketball and volleyball, I'm 1.88. I reached the finals of city table tennis championship when I was in high school. Well, I won my match in the final but my teammates lost.

I was training a lot then though, I haven't played it for a while, I probably need practice.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a height advantage in basketball and volleyball, I'm 1.88. I reached the finals of city table tennis championship when I was in high school. Well, I won my match in the final but my teammates lost.

I was training a lot then though, I haven't played it for a while, I probably need practice.
    I'm 195+ ...and table tennis seems to be a hurdle indeed...I'm quite sure I would lose there

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU GIANTS.

New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast