Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 417

Thread: へっ!きたねえ花火だ

  1. #16
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.


    Aspen

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    What instruments do you have? Do you prefer Jazz Bass or P-Bass?

  4. #18
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    You're a Saber-fan too!

    I will watch CP someday... My to watch list is just too big at the moment... Furthermore I promised someone to watch some shows first...
    Haha I know that feeling too. My queue has been way too long for the past however many years. In your own time


    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post

    Aspen
    I suspect HDR-ed and touched up in Lightroom


    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    What instruments do you have? Do you prefer Jazz Bass or P-Bass?
    For basses I have a Fender P-bass, Ibanez 5-string fretless (can't really play that too well lol,) Squier Jazz bass, bought them in that order. I usually prefer to play more 'forward' stuff so I'm definitely a Jazz bass person, but there are times only the P-bass can provide what I need Want to try out Warwick basses at some point...
    Piano: Standard upright, and a very old but surprisingly decent Clavinova for recording purposes
    Drums: An entry-level 5-piece Mapex kit with very crappy cymbals... Though electric kits are (extremely) expensive and... well, different, it's on the wish list for home-recording purposes, haha.
    A half-broken electro-acoustic guitar... Want to get a Yamaha FG730S then some kind of Les Paul when I save up.
    And a flute.

    My final goal is to set up my dream kit, it isn't much, just a standard 5-piece with my dream cymbals would do... gosh I can talk about them all day <3

    Do you play the bass too? :D

  5. #19
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    For basses I have a Fender P-bass, Ibanez 5-string fretless (can't really play that too well lol,) Squier Jazz bass, bought them in that order. I usually prefer to play more 'forward' stuff so I'm definitely a Jazz bass person, but there are times only the P-bass can provide what I need Want to try out Warwick basses at some point...
    Piano: Standard upright, and a very old but surprisingly decent Clavinova for recording purposes
    Drums: An entry-level 5-piece Mapex kit with very crappy cymbals... Though electric kits are (extremely) expensive and... well, different, it's on the wish list for home-recording purposes, haha.
    A half-broken electro-acoustic guitar... Want to get a Yamaha FG730S then some kind of Les Paul when I save up.
    And a flute.

    My final goal is to set up my dream kit, it isn't much, just a standard 5-piece with my dream cymbals would do... gosh I can talk about them all day <3

    Do you play the bass too? :D
    I do, it's my main instrument. Btw, that's cool! I'm more of a Jazz Bass man myself, been wanting to buy P-Bass to feel its tone, but still don't have enough money to do it. Is it an American/Mexican/Japanese made?

    Oh, I have several instruments.. the first one is a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz Bass.. an uncle gave me on my birthday. I also own a Mexican Jazz Bass with rosewood fingerboard as well as 5 strings custom made. I really want to have a fretless bass as well, but I think my skill is not good enough to play it probably I'll save some money to buy Stingray though.

    For guitars, I have a Mexican Stratocaster, Sunburst with Rosewood fingerboard. I changed the pick up with Duncan though, the original pick up had too much noises, I couldn't handle it. The last is my pride and joy, a Musicman JPX 6. It's a terrific and an all around guitar. I'm very satisfied with it. I used to own a Les Paul standard, but I sold it to my uncle to buy the JPX.

    What Cymbals do you think is the best? my dad owns a 7 pieces DW Set with Sabian cymbals, and even though Drums is the instrument I could barely play, I think Sabian is better than Zildijan.

  6. #20
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Now it's time to post a WTF image.

    Look at your monitor a little far away, 1 or 2 meters.



    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  7. #21
    Loli-Loli Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Haha I know that feeling too. My queue has been way too long for the past however many years. In your own time
    Way too many new shows each season... At this rate I'll never finish this damn list...

  8. #22
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Now it's time to post a WTF image.

    Look at your monitor a little far away, 1 or 2 meters.


    Spoiler show
    You might not believe this, but I actually had to walk out of my room for that. Though I'm still not sure what's happening... pretty picture making my eyes explode?


    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I do, it's my main instrument. Btw, that's cool! I'm more of a Jazz Bass man myself, been wanting to buy P-Bass to feel its tone, but still don't have enough money to do it. Is it an American/Mexican/Japanese made?

    Oh, I have several instruments.. the first one is a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz Bass.. an uncle gave me on my birthday. I also own a Mexican Jazz Bass with rosewood fingerboard as well as 5 strings custom made. I really want to have a fretless bass as well, but I think my skill is not good enough to play it probably I'll save some money to buy Stingray though.

    For guitars, I have a Mexican Stratocaster, Sunburst with Rosewood fingerboard. I changed the pick up with Duncan though, the original pick up had too much noises, I couldn't handle it. The last is my pride and joy, a Musicman JPX 6. It's a terrific and an all around guitar. I'm very satisfied with it. I used to own a Les Paul standard, but I sold it to my uncle to buy the JPX.

    What Cymbals do you think is the best? my dad owns a 7 pieces DW Set with Sabian cymbals, and even though Drums is the instrument I could barely play, I think Sabian is better than Zildijan.
    Ahh I see. I've only started the bass a few years ago. Though I practised relatively little, what helped me get along is my general experience from piano-playing, but I'm still on my way in learning bass-specific techniques. I absolutely love the jazz genre, but I play very little of it prior to bass and even now, I find it very difficult to get a hang of. Y'know, especially styles like what Marcus Miller or Victor Wooten plays. They have complete understanding of the music and it becomes part of them, hence being able to improvise whatever their heart feels like. I'm finding difficult in grasping hold of the forms and structures of this style, and as a result I couldn't unlock the potential in my fretless.

    My Fender P-bass is Mexican. I was pretty much in the dark back then about basses (and I still am about lots of things such as the difference between where it's made etc,) and for a while I wished I got a Jazz bass instead because of the things I would like to play (only to later come to udnerstand the P-bass also provides a valuable tone that the Jazz bass cannot replace.) To say the obvious, the P-bass is deep and very warm, very solid-sounding. Since the tone is 'purer' than the Jazz bass, any effects I plug it through will give me a 'basic' and 'pure' version of that effect... not sure if that makes sense. You can get a taste of it here in my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jd5JOCOzIg (might want to turn down your volume a bit.) It isn't something I can achieve with my jazz bass.

    I bought the Squier standard Jazz bass from a friend for pretty cheap, but it's soo damn heavy, much more than my P-bass, I didn't see that coming. It is also not very easy to play on, probably because it isn't Rosewood fingerboard hehe, and I should replace the strings... I'm thinking of round strings but I don't have too much experience in noting the difference. As an aside, the Fender Aerodyne looks really cool, maybe that will come after, when I can afford it hehe. But wow your arsenal sounds very sweet. A good jazz bass is always very exciting and satisfying to play.

    After having followed your link to the JPX, I think I'll ditch my wishlist for yours :P ...until I looked at the price...... (Btw when I said LP I'm referring to a non-Gibson LP lol, but I would've dumped a Gibson LP for the JPX too, after looking at the specs...) Well the LP certain looks good but I'm actually buying things for basic recording purposes, and I thought the LP have access to a greater range of styles I can do with just one guitar. The only thing lacking is a whammy bar, and so I was looking at THIS for a while as well. I'm more into heavier styles so this would be more specific to my agenda than the typical LP. Floyd Rose, not recommended for a beginner but I think I can handle it.

    Wow, musical family much? :P In terms of cymbals, it goes without saying it depends on your taste for sounds. I find the typical Zildjian too... dark(?) for my liking. They do good cymbals for sure (except for the pitch black cymbals lol, they sound plastic...) but I think your choice of cymbals have to fit the sound of the rest of your kit, too, and usually there are cymbals outside of the Zildjian range that go better with the sound I want for my kit. I outright dislike their smallest splashes (8" and 10", I like the 12") but I really like their ride cymbals.

    I would prefer the typical Sabian crash over a Zildjian one in the general case. I'm a big fan of Paiste cymbals, but the hi-hats are so damn quiet lol, not suited for heavier styles. Zildjian hi-hats are more suitable for those. The Zildjian K series hi-hats and rides are generally really nice. I like that they retain a bit of dark-ish sound with the shimmering sound mixed in but not overly done. I like Paiste for the light and watery sounding fluff. Your typical Meinl is quite similar too, but I haven't tried out their darker stuff. I love china cymbals, and Wuhan does them exactly the way I love them.

    All in all, it's really up to your taste, but just like any other instruments, choosing the right cymbals can more accurately define the character of your music... I'm a cross between light-heavy and light.

    Argh long post lol.

  9. #23
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Dat textwall.

    YAY, UTS HAS HIS OWN THREAD!!! Forgive me if I accidentally type Ust instead of Uts. My former fellow GD mod was Ust. (Ustegius)

    *Looks at the "arf" in your thread title* Are you planning to make the arf-mance between Sky and I an arf-triangle?

  10. #24
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Dat textwall.

    YAY, UTS HAS HIS OWN THREAD!!! Forgive me if I accidentally type Ust instead of Uts. My former fellow GD mod was Ust. (Ustegius)

    *Looks at the "arf" in your thread title* Are you planning to make the arf-mance between Sky and I an arf-triangle?
    Arf. Arf Doraku arf arf...

    Arf arf arf Sky arf arf, arf Icei arf arf arf?

    Arf arf arf, arf.


  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #25
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Arf. Arf Doraku arf arf...

    Arf arf arf Sky arf arf, arf Icei arf arf arf?

    Arf arf arf, arf.

    THREESOME!!!


    That really sounded sexy to me.

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  13. #26
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Quote Quote:
    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.
    ...and now you arfed it! Congrats o/



    :althoughidon'treallyknowwhattosayaboutthethreearfingsomepart
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

  14. #27
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Not too sure which three you're arfing about, but you arf welcome to arf join.

  15. #28
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Is this the official arf thread?

  16. #29
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    Please arfnjoy your arftay and arf as arfuch as you arfike while you arf at it.

  17. #30
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

    ARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

New Reply
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts