Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: へっ!きたねえ花火だ

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want my own thread too, arf.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    It became another LoL thread for a while until

Flappers

On another note, I really like the iBlitzcrank...
    I have it, I got it in a bundle I wasted money on. It also had Astronautilus and Deep Terror Thresh in it. Thresh had yet to be on sale, so I grabbed it. Thresh later came on sale a week or two later. So dumb.

Riot Blitz is better, grabbed that one since it was limited edition. Same with Championship Thresh. Astronautilus is cool and everything, but I never play him so...meh

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I really supposed to go into that much detail? Damn, I just wanted an MAL list

Niiii-sama soooo sorry Please don't be sad
    Okie doke, this is gonna be a bit long and confusing but here goes:
    • I love comedy, romantic comedy, school comedy, 4koma-turn-comedy <------ I can watch these all day. Probably my most preferred genre.
    • I love dark/gory/intense/psychological <------ I love them but I'm usually reluctant to watch because they are waaay tooo intense.
    • I love slice-of-life (generally originally 4koma) with cute characters, fluffy but not tooooo fluffy (yes K-ON, no Precure lol)
    I marked my favourite kind of shows. Prefer them over everything else, though there is no imminent need for gore. Series like PP, Shingeki or even Mirai Nikki are totally my thing. I seriously prefer plot-heavy series. Nothing beats a great plot and natural character development.

That's not to say I can't apreciate slice-of life, but even then I rather prefer some serious stuff (drama) instead of a comedy focus only. I hardly watch something with pure comedy and my favourite series all are serious at one point.

Good romance is great too, I can ship pairings hardcore once I like them.

Examples:
    • Comedy: Chuunibyou, Mayo Chiki, Gintama, Toradora, Kannagi, KamiNomi, Mitsudomoe, Ikamusume, School Rumble, Hataraku, Haruhi, FMP Fumoffu
    • Intense: Black Lagoon, Death Note, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, FMA, Mirai Nikki, Psycho Pass
    • Yonkoma/slice-of-life: Minami-ke, Ichigo mashimaro, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON, Kill Me Baby, Atashin'chi
    Am I supposed to name some of my favourites too?
    [*]Comedy: Chuunibyou, Gintama, Hataraku, Haruhi, Hanasaku Iroha, (Hyouka), OreImo (just ignoring the last 10 minutes or so..), Sket Dance, Uchouten Kazoku, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.[*]Intense: Death Note, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, FMA, Mirai Nikki, Psycho Pass, Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Hellsing Ultimate, Fate/Zero, Monster, Shiki.

I think I've watched some 4-koma adaptions but nothing I would rate among my favourites.

I love sad stuff too, but I find it difficult to watch because I'm just too sensitive like that haha *embarrassed* They're mainly drama type
    • Eg: Angel Beats, 5cm/s, I''s, Clannad, Ichigo 100%
    • I love all the Shinkai Makoto films.
    Me too, I love it when a series hits me emotionally hard.
    [*]Eg: AnoHana, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, 5cm/s.

Shinkai is one of my favourite directors too, wtf Really enjoyed Kotonoha no Niwa too, I would always watch every new work he produces.

I love random manga (dunno why they aren't too well known, but I love love love these):
    • Yandere Kanojo, Alyosha, Kill Me Baby, Donyatsu, Ai Kora, Aiki
    Random manga huh? Not sure I could classify something I read as "random", the only series which comes up to mind is Terra Formars, which I really enjoy.

Surprisingly, I love certain shoujo manga:
    • Kimi ni Todoke, Zettai Kareshi, Beast Master
    I really loved Kimi Ni Todoke too, but recently it kinda lost some of it's charm and I got a bit bored with the series overall. I feel like it's getting stretched a bit too much, it's about time Sawako get's in a fully-fledged relationship with Kazehaya. The last chapter I read (around 3 or 4 chapters) ago they somehow reminded me of 11 years olds going out, it feels a bit too unrealistic.

The only shoujo I still enjoy is Ao Haru Ride and Orange, though it's still on hiatus
    Though there's a seinen series I would rather consider Shoujo, though with a much more mature approach. Probably my favourite romance-focused series at the moment: Natsu no Zenjitsu. Highly recommended, doesn't need long to catch up.

Anime and manga alike. I mostly watch anime, but there are certain things I actively prefer reading manga:
    • Dragon Ball, Claymore, FMA, Naruto
    I'm reading a lot of manga and watching a lot of anime Can't say there's a series I prefer reading as a manga in general, sometimes the anime just screwed up the content and thus everything is ruined. There are a lot of average/terrible adaptions out there, but if done right, I don't think I would prefer reading the manga. Naruto is no doubt better at a manga though, most of the time.

And then my childhood:
    • Dragon Ball (my first manga collection by 6 or 7 lol,) Dr. Slump, Doraemon, Detective Conan, Cyborg Kuro-chan... and lots more you probably haven't heard of, I don't even know their English names lol.
    Dragonball was the very first manga I read, besides Evangelion. Still cherish it a lot, but nowadays it couldn't satisfy me anymore. I saw Doreamon and Detective Conan too, and Ranma 1/2, and Shin-chan and Doremi and Inuyasha and god knows what else Can't say any of are highly cherished anymore though, besides Dragonball and Evangelion.

I'm usually very generous and lenient with shows, I seem to capitalise on the good points when I watch, despite barrages of criticism by the greater community. This includes Canaan, Haruhi Endless Eight, DBGT
    Haha, I feel the same I tend to be pretty lenient with shows, once I've taken a liking. Haruhi Endless Eight is among that too, though I still think the arc is pretty damn horrible. Well horrible is the wrong word, but they just overdid it. I'm not a massive hater of the arc, but it's not really good either.

There are some series like Hanasaku Iroha though, which gets a pretty average rating but I can't help but totally love it. Guess everyone has such exceptions

Favourite characters include (too many too list so 4 will do):
    • Shijou Takane (weird girl with a big appetite)
    • Saber (sword girl with a big appetite)
    • Uchiha Itachi (IMO the most admirable character in all manga/anime I've come across of)
    • Okita Sougo (I usually hate sadistic characters, but he's special)
    • Kagura (the only heroine who picks her nose and puke on screen, and has a bad mouth and a big appetite)
    Favourite character? Wow that's too damn difficult XD It really is... I guess I can name a few
    • Ladd Russo from Baccano (just so awesomely insane, couldn't help but love him)
    • Guts from Berserk (just so badass, and I have a thing for tragic characters)
    • Ikari Shinji from Evangelion(everyone's favourite wuss)
    • Asuka Langley Soryuu from Evangelion (everyone favourite tsundere)
    • Emiya Kiritsugu and Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night (You prolly know both right? I mean you mentioned Saber )
    • Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha (just cute and loveable and awesome )
    • Ginko from Mushishi (among the wisest men I've seen in all manga/anime)
    • Simon and Kamina from TTGL (Do the freaking impossible )
    • Okabe and Kurisu from Steins;Gate (OMG best p... ever )
    • Askeladd from Vinland Saga (one of my all time favourite villains)
    • Mikasa Ackermann from Shingeki/Morgianna from Magi (because badass women are just so rare)

Hope you'll get a better idea
    Now that I think about it, your favs and what you prefer watching do define you a lot.
    Yeah, that really helped Still I would love some kind of watching/reading list XD

Currently Watching:
    • Gatchaman Crowds (Nii-sama are you proud of me??? )
    Haha what do you think? The first episodes are so-so but then it becomes really entertaining. Berg-Katze was so much fun

YOUR TURN.
    I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

oh god that took so much time, haha

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for constantly reminding me, here's your long-awaited reply Niichan-sama.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Am I really supposed to go into that much detail? Damn, I just wanted an MAL list
    I have an MAL account, too. But the list is likely incomplete and messy. But I guess you could check out my rating for the shows. I rate them according to how much I enjoy them, for personally sorting purposes so it might give you a good insight, incomplete but good It's under the same name btw. Probably need to clean up my profile soon lol.

I marked my favourite kind of shows. Prefer them over everything else, though there is no imminent need for gore. Series like PP, Shingeki or even Mirai Nikki are totally my thing. I seriously prefer plot-heavy series. Nothing beats a great plot and natural character development.

That's not to say I can't apreciate slice-of life, but even then I rather prefer some serious stuff (drama) instead of a comedy focus only. I hardly watch something with pure comedy and my favourite series all are serious at one point.

Good romance is great too, I can ship pairings hardcore once I like them.
    I don't need the gore either, but you can expect gore-well-done is generally a good show to watch. I stopped watching anime for a while over a decade ago, until I saw Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 anime.) I was not expecting that, since I grew up with DBZ and other more kiddish anime (Doraemon, Chibimaru, Bakugaiden etc lol.) FMA was full of emotions and gore. It was the first anime I watched since I 'got back' into it, and it became the starting point for a lot more to come.

I love plot heavy series. I enjoy plotless series, but plot heavy series are no doubt amazing to watch. It's hard to find one I like though (in terms of setting.) Although I don't mind a lot of stuff, I do prefer a style that suits my taste.

Am I supposed to name some of my favourites too?
    [*]Comedy: Chuunibyou, Gintama, Hataraku, Haruhi, Hanasaku Iroha, (Hyouka), OreImo (just ignoring the last 10 minutes or so..), Sket Dance, Uchouten Kazoku, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.[*]Intense: Death Note, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, FMA, Mirai Nikki, Psycho Pass, Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Hellsing Ultimate, Fate/Zero, Monster, Shiki.

I think I've watched some 4-koma adaptions but nothing I would rate among my favourites.
    What attracts me the most is usually the art. I haven't seen Uchouten Kazoku, but that's the style of art I enjoy greatly (also Hataraku, OreImo etc.) I haven't really watched SketDan because I already have Gintama for my comedic purposes (will watch another time though) and I haven't yet completed Hyouka. I'm surprised you like Hyouka because it's sooooooooo slow :3 Slice-of-life, but I've heard and know of the good development. I've been meaning to see Seishun Love Comedy because of the art.

I have yet to see Monster, will do soon. Eva is... I've never touched Eva, dunno why. Maybe I just missed the trend. I heard interesting things about it though, concerning the message the series is trying to bring across. I just looked up Shiki, sigh one more on my list. I had nothing on my to-watch-list until I talked to you :/

Me too, I love it when a series hits me emotionally hard.
    [*]Eg: AnoHana, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, 5cm/s.

Shinkai is one of my favourite directors too, wtf Really enjoyed Kotonoha no Niwa too, I would always watch every new work he produces.
    Shinkai movies' art and music are what I'm attracted to the most, it enhances the atmosphere very much. I couldn't bare to finish Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, it's getting too sad lol. I chicken out sometimes... ><;

Random manga huh? Not sure I could classify something I read as "random", the only series which comes up to mind is Terra Formars, which I really enjoy.

I really loved Kimi Ni Todoke too, but recently it kinda lost some of it's charm and I got a bit bored with the series overall. I feel like it's getting stretched a bit too much, it's about time Sawako get's in a fully-fledged relationship with Kazehaya. The last chapter I read (around 3 or 4 chapters) ago they somehow reminded me of 11 years olds going out, it feels a bit too unrealistic.

The only shoujo I still enjoy is Ao Haru Ride and Orange, though it's still on hiatus
    Though there's a seinen series I would rather consider Shoujo, though with a much more mature approach. Probably my favourite romance-focused series at the moment: Natsu no Zenjitsu. Highly recommended, doesn't need long to catch up.
    I haven't been hard on catching up with KnT so I'm not too sure what's happening at the moment. But yes I will check out Natsu no Zenjitsu aaaaaaand Vinland Saga under your recommendation :'D

I'm reading a lot of manga and watching a lot of anime Can't say there's a series I prefer reading as a manga in general, sometimes the anime just screwed up the content and thus everything is ruined. There are a lot of average/terrible adaptions out there, but if done right, I don't think I would prefer reading the manga. Naruto is no doubt better at a manga though, most of the time.
    I only watched Naruto's first season. It was good. I really enjoy fillers too (same goes for Bleach, I really like the fillers.) Naruto Shippuden had some very lazy scenes, which were just too much to overlook. I mean, spending 10 minutes on walking scenes and then another 10 minutes thinking concludes one episode, I feel that's just way too boring as an anime. Those stares too, they can last for a whole episode......

Dragonball was the very first manga I read, besides Evangelion. Still cherish it a lot, but nowadays it couldn't satisfy me anymore. I saw Doreamon and Detective Conan too, and Ranma 1/2, and Shin-chan and Doremi and Inuyasha and god knows what else Can't say any of are highly cherished anymore though, besides Dragonball and Evangelion.
    LOL Doremi XD Never knew they had that in Germany!!

Haha, I feel the same I tend to be pretty lenient with shows, once I've taken a liking. Haruhi Endless Eight is among that too, though I still think the arc is pretty damn horrible. Well horrible is the wrong word, but they just overdid it. I'm not a massive hater of the arc, but it's not really good either.

There are some series like Hanasaku Iroha though, which gets a pretty average rating but I can't help but totally love it. Guess everyone has such exceptions
    I think the thing with Endless Eight is, it's a technical display of what a change in colours and background music can have on the atmosphere of certain scenes. I didn't purely watched it for the story, but I was trying to notice how they have produced 8 episodes of the same events while giving different feelings/modes for each of them. I think you get a lot more out of it this way

Favourite character? Wow that's too damn difficult XD It really is... I guess I can name a few
    • Ladd Russo from Baccano (just so awesomely insane, couldn't help but love him)
    • Guts from Berserk (just so badass, and I have a thing for tragic characters)
    • Ikari Shinji from Evangelion(everyone's favourite wuss)
    • Asuka Langley Soryuu from Evangelion (everyone favourite tsundere)
    • Emiya Kiritsugu and Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night (You prolly know both right? I mean you mentioned Saber )
    • Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha (just cute and loveable and awesome )
    • Ginko from Mushishi (among the wisest men I've seen in all manga/anime)
    • Simon and Kamina from TTGL (Do the freaking impossible )
    • Okabe and Kurisu from Steins;Gate (OMG best p... ever )
    • Askeladd from Vinland Saga (one of my all time favourite villains)
    • Mikasa Ackermann from Shingeki/Morgianna from Magi (because badass women are just so rare)
    Right, I have too many to list, so I'm not gonna bother just yet (and it will sound confusing anyway.) You will know in time In general, I like a lot of characters from a lot of shows.

Yeah, that really helped Still I would love some kind of watching/reading list XD
    I know we've talked about this yesterday, but here goes again XD
    Claymore, Naruto, SnK, KamiNomi, Detective Conan, Aku no Hana, Gintama, and probably a few more for manga but not that I can immediately think of the top of my head. Watching is Gatchaman Crowds (under your suggestion, again I'm repeating this for the sake of completeness XD )

Haha what do you think? The first episodes are so-so but then it becomes really entertaining. Berg-Katze was so much fun
    Answered that already in chat XD I hate Izaya XDDD

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

oh god that took so much time, haha
    I'VE CUT DOWN A LOT hopefully a bit more friendly for you to reply now XD

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably I really need a new mouse. My mouse was broken when I was playing Tomb Raider.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Probably I really need a new mouse. My mouse was broken when I was playing Tomb Raider.
    LOL XD which TR? I bet you were clicking too hard trying to land that jump or something

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kat's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think thats the biggest post I have ever seen SOOO BIIIG

Hello btw

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think thats the biggest post I have ever seen SOOO BIIIG

Hello btw
    Weeeeelcooooome

Is that a compliment? Do you have any long posts you wish to give me??

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking a break from playing/posting about LoL? The dark side is strong inside of you

Next time you don't need to cut anything out, I want to hear all your thoughts. Answering them... takes some more time Especially with how busy I am, tomorrow will be another long day

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if its a compliment xD But I couldnt write anything that biiig xDD

so whats up ?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking a break from playing/posting about LoL? The dark side is strong inside of you

Next time you don't need to cut anything out, I want to hear all your thoughts. Answering them... takes some more time Especially with how busy I am, tomorrow will be another long day
    Hahaha okay okay, well I try not to rant too much because I will go off topic very easily. Also, I don't like myself when I get too opinionated, because sometimes I confuse myself with long posts and hence saying things I don't really understand myself lol. Poor Nii-sama! Hope you're getting enough rest ): I've been busying myself with work too. Not so stressful if I try not to care too much, it's funny yet horrendous when I'm apparently too critical with the ongoing project and the manager doesn't understand the importance of the so-called minor details, sigh.

And what do you mean by the dark side? Talking about LoL or not talking about LoL, lol? I can talk all day about LoL if that's what you want to read, too. Or were you speaking to Doraku?

I dont know if its a compliment xD But I couldnt write anything that biiig xDD

so whats up ?
    It took me a whole day to read long posts like that one, and another day to reply. But feel free say what you want and I'll be 90% sure to read every word you say *cough if your posts don't get buried by fat long posts cough*

I'm supposed to be working now, you?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune
    I haven't been hard on catching up with KnT so I'm not too sure what's happening at the moment. But yes I will check out Natsu no Zenjitsu aaaaaaand Vinland Saga under your recommendation :'D
    After Paradise Kiss, right?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha okay okay, well I try not to rant too much because I will go off topic very easily. Also, I don't like myself when I get too opinionated, because sometimes I confuse myself with long posts and hence saying things I don't really understand myself lol. Poor Nii-sama! Hope you're getting enough rest ): I've been busying myself with work too. Not so stressful if I try not to care too much, it's funny yet horrendous when I'm apparently too critical with the ongoing project and the manager doesn't understand the importance of the so-called minor details, sigh.

And what do you mean by the dark side? Talking about LoL or not talking about LoL, lol? I can talk all day about LoL if that's what you want to read, too. Or were you speaking to Doraku?
    Well when writing long walls of texts I tend to forget what I wrote about in the beginning haha But I think your posts always have a high quality, even if they are long
    And I guess I'm getting enough rest, still it's extremely annoying if you get back home at 9:45 PM (yesterday) and 7:45 PM (today). The day is more or less over by then, so yeah... =/

Sounds kinda awful Do you have the power to convince him?

I mean LoL, yeah, lol (). You seem to be obsessed too much lately I don't want to read much about LoL here, tbh XD

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    No

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me a whole day to read long posts like that one, and another day to reply. But feel free say what you want and I'll be 90% sure to read every word you say *cough if your posts don't get buried by fat long posts cough*

I'm supposed to be working now, you?
    Haha usually when I see a long post Im lazy to read xDD or message once I was talking to someone and our mesasges weere sooooooooooooooo huge and many topics in one messages so it took me like 3 days until I decided okay im gonna reply now xDD

Im fine now but I have to clean this flat so meh :/

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    No
    I'll read/watch it side by side together

Well when writing long walls of texts I tend to forget what I wrote about in the beginning haha But I think your posts always have a high quality, even if they are long
    And I guess I'm getting enough rest, still it's extremely annoying if you get back home at 9:45 PM (yesterday) and 7:45 PM (today). The day is more or less over by then, so yeah... =/

Sounds kinda awful Do you have the power to convince him?

I mean LoL, yeah, lol (). You seem to be obsessed too much lately I don't want to read much about LoL here, tbh XD
    Sigh, things could only get worse lol, but meh. Had a tiring week too, definitely not as tiring as yours I was tired enough to fall asleep and miss my stop on my way home last night

But yeah, bad bad influences lol Not obsessed, but it is taking my minds off things... by losing with bad teams haha. Chat is usually funny though, so I don't particularly mind.

Haha usually when I see a long post Im lazy to read xDD or message once I was talking to someone and our mesasges weere sooooooooooooooo huge and many topics in one messages so it took me like 3 days until I decided okay im gonna reply now xDD

Im fine now but I have to clean this flat so meh :/
    Lol, I guess it depends on the topic, and I'll probably have to reply if it were directed at me And yeah I know what you mean. The thing is, I don't want to give a rough and half-ass reply either, so when I've had a long day I'm usually too tired to write a satisfying reply. And when you hear I'm starting to rant such as now, you know I'm tired hehe.

How is flat-cleaning coming along?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I guess it depends on the topic, and I'll probably have to reply if it were directed at me And yeah I know what you mean. The thing is, I don't want to give a rough and half-ass reply either, so when I've had a long day I'm usually too tired to write a satisfying reply. And when you hear I'm starting to rant such as now, you know I'm tired hehe.

How is flat-cleaning coming along?
    Like for example mafia game ... thousands of post are there and sometimes Im lazy to read them all .. so I say to myself " I will do it later" then there are even more posts and I have lots of things to read But I wanna play the game cuz I love it and I know im not good at it but whatever ... I enjoy it and thats the only thing I need

Well it was a few days ago so I did well I guess

New Reply
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast