Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai 48 Discussion / 49 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 48 Discussion / 49 Predictions

To be honest I was somewhat disappointed in helgram's ability. Its not bad but it shows he is not really fighting with his own power. Right now he had the might of 20 holy knights behind him and heimdrich.... What would he do in a war scenario? The defeat or death of each holy knight can easily mean helgram growing a little weaker. And he does not seem to have an actual ability aside from that, it seems like all the ability does is enhance his physical abilities.

^In your scale of power you forgot to mention the improved weapons gaera and gerico have. King said they were on par with the sacred treasures so presumably they would be significantly stronger now than they were the last time they fought meliodas and co.

I wonder what happened to diane's treasure.... Perhaps it was sunk to the buttom of the earth as she was? If she found it then it would be the ideal weapon to escape the current situation. Her ability to manipulate the terrain enhanced by a sacred treasure could do wonders. I guess the next arc will focus on ban and meliodas getting back their treasures. Neither of them are worth a damn without them at large. I get the impression ban should be able to do more with his snatch ability though. Shouldn't he be able to take away the strength of his enemies? Even if overpowered I think he should still be able to beat gaera...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

With the scale of powers in development, and being this just the introduction to the so called holy war, Helbram should be in the middle of the table or even lower. What intrigues me more is how will be the powers and fights among the real powerful ones. For instance, if Meliodas in full demon mode is stronger than all holy knighst and capable to destroy a kingdom (an hinted hypothesis), and if he is like a demon from the ancient Demon clan, can you image how powerful should be a maiden???

What you say about the weapons given to the Geera and Jerico makes me wonder if there is no like an special relationship between those weapons and their owners, as it seems to be the case of meliodas and his sword. Geera and Jerico are not much powerful but they have those weapons, Meliodas demon mode is in a different level and so his weapon. What will be the origin of Meliodas weapon? Similar to those weapons of Geera and Jerico, with the difference that it was forged since the beginning when Meliodas was mixed with the demon blood or stuff?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a very nice chapter. I also love how the pig mother went to give Diane her clothes as if it was the most natural things to do. We really have things to learn about Nanatsu world pigs...
    Now next chapter title gives a hint that things won't end good. The question is then how bad will it end. Hellbram wants 3 things, my guess is that he will manage to get 1 or 2 (The sword and Melodias) but that Elizabeth will escape with the others sins. And Hauser will probably join them too.
    As for Diane, she has to have her hammer. Why the long wait to get out of her hole if it is not for a flashy power upgrade ?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the impression helgram is that low in the power grid. Heindrick is definitely higher however helgram does seem to be fairly high up there. I mean, the sins are already able to defeat average or above average holy knights without weapons based on what we have seen against people like gilthunder. Blood awakened holy knights in turn are superior to those but at the same time not even worth a mention against an armed sin even when they have weapons on par with sacred treasures. Helgram so far seems to be second only to that heindrick guy and is gaera's superior, he can't be too weak. Unless meliodas learns how to control his demonic power there is no reason for the power scales to go that absurdly up.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

But what about a maiden from the maiden clan? On the other hand, with all the prophecy about the holy war and a menace visiting Britania, I fell that Hendricksen is like a second in command just preparing all the things for someone even stronger than him, the one(s) who is (are) making the visit. As always happen in shounen, one have the impression that certain villain is the ultimate and later discovers that it was just a small fry compared with the ulterior villains.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair we have no idea of what the deal with the holy maiden clan is.... Were the demons defeated by a holy maiden or where they defeated by a holy maiden clan? I feel this is something which might or might not be iffy here.... The demon we saw was quite powerful considering it did destroy a forest in minutes and he for whatever reason is able to awaken power within humans so assuming it was just your average demon the implication would be that the demon clan is immensely powerful to say the least. A single person defeating the entire demon clan would seem far fetched even now. Rather than holy maiden clan wouldn't it make more sense if it said "clan of the holy maiden"? It kinda sounds like holy maiden is a race like fairy, human or giant... I am no translator and I do appreciate the work they put into this but there are a few things I am having trouble putting in context here.... Most likely it is lack of information from the manga though. Also, if what defeated the demons was a clan it would imply it did not quite have individuals powerful enough to take out the entire demon clan.

Granted there is a lot about the plot that we just don't know about. I mean, so far it does not appear there is justification for what the holy knights are doing at large. They appear to be by far the strongest army in the world and so far the sins would not have mobilized if they had simply kept to themselves. For the plot to make sense they would need some motivation to want to work with demons and whatnot.... Although that does not necessarily imply a single immensely powerful enemy. Perhaps the situation can be much like rave master. The standard for enemy strength was always king and future enemies did not appear to be significantly stronger than him.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to note about the Holy Maiden, be it clan or person, is what do they necessarily mean by "defeat" that could easily just be the story spread out when in reality they may have advocated for a more pacifist solution of sort. The fact that Melodias exists as well as the demon that attacked Elaine despite the apparent "defeat" somehow gives credence that the defeat may have meant something else entirely.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The text is pretty clear to me, and I see no issues in the translation (tho maybe it would be nice if ferdinbeer help us with it): "It's from the demon clan. They should have been sealed away after losing to the holy maiden clan in an ancient war...". So, since it was a war, it was not a pacific solution at all; and since the world 'clan' means in all the story a group of individuals belonging to a race or a group, the demon clan and the maiden clan are two different groups of individuals. Also, if they were only two persons, the author wouldn't have talked about a war but about a fight. IMHO, it's rather simple, and it's not necessary to read to much into it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

some Japanese clarification:

1. The Maiden Clan and Demon Clan were clans. In this series, there are many clans, and they are racial entities. One clan isn't composed of one person/thing.
    2. Japanese in the bubble that ukimix linked says "彼らは古の大戦で女神族に敗れすべて封印されたはず." There was a "great battle" that resulted in Maiden clan defeating and sealing away the demon clan in its totality; none should exist, but somehow, one does and attacks the forest. It pretty much rules out the possibility of a peaceful sealing.
    Last edited by ferdinbeer; October 02, 2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: me no speak engrish

10. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The text is pretty clear to me, and I see no issues in the translation (tho maybe it would be nice if ferdinbeer help us with it): "It's from the demon clan. They should have been sealed away after losing to the holy maiden clan in an ancient war...". So, since it was a war, it was not a pacific solution at all; and since the world 'clan' means in all the story a group of individuals belonging to a race or a group, the demon clan and the maiden clan are two different groups of individuals. Also, if they were only two persons, the author wouldn't have talked about a war but about a fight. IMHO, it's rather simple, and it's not necessary to read to much into it.
    I'm aware they sealed it but what does seem to have some inconsistencies is that it doesn't appear that they've necessarily sealed all the demons, and then we have a hybrid like Melodias. Which is why I'm inclined to speculate as to how exhaustive they were at their task, did they try to seal all as people assumed them to or perhaps left some out purposely? Such as those with mixed blood like Melodias?
    Last edited by Hamy; October 03, 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

this week chapter gonna be fun, if diane got her gideon back then maybe the holy knight is will be "forced to retreat", hehehehe even if they "gank" diane it'll be no match for her... i hope so

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

So maybe we can conclude that if a demon from the demon clan is powerful, a maiden from the maiden clan can be even more powerful... Which would be some evidence to make the point that likely we know just a little piece of the whole scale of powers in this story...

But the whole discussion about the scale of powers drove the attention far from one kkck initial point which was that Helbram power was a bit disappointing. I agree on that. Sure he wouldn't be able to do much in a war scenario, with all his allies with their hands full, and from what we saw before he would have been portrayed as a more interesting character if he wouldn't have to use other's power to be able to beat Meliodas. Beyond of where is him in the scale.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 04, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would not tell that Helbram's power is disappointing. Okay, it is a power by which he is dependant upon his allies who are willing to give him power. If hellbram does not have allies or if Helbram's allies are weak then link wouldn't have made a difference against King and/or Meliodas. Chess pieces have a different power level but the game you play with your chess pieces decides how strong your chess pieces are. Furthermore, we do not know if Link is his only skill.

The twist might be that Diane finds Gideon and I like the idea someone posted that Diane with her sacred treasure might be stronger than King with his sacred treasure. Do not forget that Helbram has to take Elizabeth, the sword and meliodas. I really doubt whether he can take all three. I think that it is finally time that Diane will show what she is capable of
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2