Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Spoiler show

When bleach resumed its weekly chapter series at the beginning of this month there was an amazing colour page at the beginning. Often we see that authors love to include hints and messages in these types of spreads. I tried reading into it and noticed that Ichigo is engulfed in a black flame-like cloak. Could there be a meaning behind this maybe. We know his father's ZAN was fire based. And it was heavily hinted and implied that Ichigo's also now wields a fire based ZAN. Perhaps it has something to do with his bankai's ability. Black flames....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Even if the reiatsu hints at ichigo's abilties it can't be his bankai per say. Ichigo in the color spread is still at the shikai stage after all. The case can be made that bankai and shikai fundamentally have the same abilities however that particular image is of ichigo's shikai no matter how you look at it. The image still makes it worth speculating on though. Remember ichigo's fullbring? It was at one stage very similar to the reiatsu ichigo is wearing there and it eventually evolved into an actual armor thingy. I am thinking that perhaps his new blades will actually clad ichigo in power in a more literal way than before. Ichigo's bankai had a tangible outfit with it so perhaps what we will see is his shikai making him wear reiatsu as we see there and his bankai will take things further and make it into something tangible. Bankai is fundamentally a extreme version of shikai. Perhaps the result of old man zangetsu releasing his hold over ichigo's powers will be to make ichigo's shikai into something similar to what his bankai was. Bankai is an explosive release of power so it would make sense that the hold over ichigo's powers would be more evident in shikai.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Even if the reiatsu hints at ichigo's abilties it can't be his bankai per say. Ichigo in the color spread is still at the shikai stage after all. The case can be made that bankai and shikai fundamentally have the same abilities however that particular image is of ichigo's shikai no matter how you look at it. The image still makes it worth speculating on though. Remember ichigo's fullbring? It was at one stage very similar to the reiatsu ichigo is wearing there and it eventually evolved into an actual armor thingy. I am thinking that perhaps his new blades will actually clad ichigo in power in a more literal way than before. Ichigo's bankai had a tangible outfit with it so perhaps what we will see is his shikai making him wear reiatsu as we see there and his bankai will take things further and make it into something tangible. Bankai is fundamentally a extreme version of shikai. Perhaps the result of old man zangetsu releasing his hold over ichigo's powers will be to make ichigo's shikai into something similar to what his bankai was. Bankai is an explosive release of power so it would make sense that the hold over ichigo's powers would be more evident in shikai.
    It doesn't have to be bankai per say. But definitely part of his 'power' but good points non the less.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the final gestsuga tenshou! YESS!! That means he's definitly going to be a massivly powered up badass. Bleach is headed into an even brighter path.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    It looks like the final gestsuga tenshou! YESS!! That means he's definitly going to be a massivly powered up badass. Bleach is headed into an even brighter path.
    now that you mention it, yes it does!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno about it being something related to final getsuga tensho. The issue here is that ichigo's abilities are supposed to be fundamentally similar to the ones ishin has. In this regard GT and FGT as techniques should remain pretty much what they were when ishin or ichigo have used them. Ichigo is definitely getting something from old man zangetsu releasing his hold over ichigo's shinigami powers however I can't imagine that something being different from the special techniques ichigo already had. Seeing the color spread I would think the main change we are going to see as far as ichigo's basic shinigami abilities go is that he is going to have the same black reiatsu in shikai as he did in bankai. It makes sense, the black reiatsu seems to be heavily linked to shirosaki which is why when old man zangetsu suppressed ichigo's shinigami powers it only showed up in bankai which is when most of ichigo's shinigami powers would be released. Now, the issue is whether the black reiatsu in itself will be different from before or whether it will it have different properties which old man zangetsu might have sealed. I wouldn't mind a black fire however I am not too sure on whether kubo will do that.

Then there is the issue of what exactly old man zangetsu sword will do. I have a hard time imagining ichigo having two different abilities when it comes to his blades. Its not like other hybrids got individual abilities for each type of power they had. Arrancar have a release which combines the principles of zampakuto and hollow abilities, the vizards get hollow like bodies but maintain their shinigami abilities, tousen went full on resurreccion.... They never get two special abilities. Ichigo getting quincy unique abilities would be weird, even with two blades IMO he should maintain the same basic abilities he has always had. I still think he will end up combining both zangetsu into one sword to be honest.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it already established a few times that Ichigo's power is a wearable power?

Bankai -> Changing/connected shihakushou
    Fullbring -> Wearable
    FGT -> He becomes the Getsuga

So I don't see anything surprising/new to the color page, it's how his power has always been

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that he's true power is unlocked, I imagine he'll have a new form to his Bankai ability. But, with Ichigo being a hybrid of all spiritual abilities, he's sort of in the same position as Yhwach was with the "Quincy" power. Ichigo could create a whole new spiritual power all together. That'd be cool.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that Ichigo will have two different sets of abilities in his Shikai and Bankai. One will be related to actual Zangetsu powers we've seen before, but it will be developed by far, because Quincy side doesn't supress them anymore. And it might really be that even in Shikai he might be also clad in fire, but in his case it would be black, while his father had a different colour. And another set of abilities will be given through his another sword which holds Quincy powers.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt those black flame represent the hollow powers? just a thought

visit me here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tango's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

What I found interesting about this cover is that main bad guy, The Quincy King is not even shown.
    Two sides usually means confrontation, but it's strange that King is nowhere to be seen.
    Reminds me of confrontation between Gotei and Arrancars, everyone thought Aizen was on the side of Arrancars, when in reality he had his own goals and just used Arrancars as cannon fodder.

I have a feeling we might see same happening here as well, King is just using those quincy knights and eventually will betray them to achieve some of his personal goals.
    Basically he is not part of the conflict but a completely different matter.
    Last edited by Tango; September 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

nitsthegame

Well, Ichigo's Hollow and Shinigami powers were always one and the same thing. They were Zangetsu all the time. Thus now they are in the same sword, while the Quincy powers are in another sword. So it's quite ok for him to have black flames.

Tango

That's an interesting thought. The thing is that Juha Back in a contrary to Aizen doesn't even try to pretend that he does something for his people. He actually shows all the time that he has his own plans, desires and beliefs, so I don't think they have any expectations. I think they understand that they live for him in order for him to fullfill his goal.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What I found interesting about this cover is that main bad guy, The Quincy King is not even shown.
    Two sides usually means confrontation, but it's strange that King is nowhere to be seen.
    Reminds me of confrontation between Gotei and Arrancars, everyone thought Aizen was on the side of Arrancars, when in reality he had his own goals and just used Arrancars as cannon fodder.

I have a feeling we might see same happening here as well, King is just using those quincy knights and eventually will betray them to achieve some of his personal goals.
    Basically he is not part of the conflict but a completely different matter.
    I did notice that. Aizen isn't shown either. I'm secretly hoping Aizen will somehow fight Bach even though it is probably going to be ichigo.

Here's another thought, maybe the placement of each characters parallel to each other represents them being paired against on another in the manga. Hitsugaya is across the page from the Mohawk quincy and they are now amidst a fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

OHH. That gives me an idea!! So remember how when ichigo was trying to manifest his FGT!?! That was probably his zanpaktous real form back then. Now that both White and *Young Bach* are one in the same, and offered directly to Ichigo his abilities could sky rocket from his original state.

And his bankai could include him fusing both swords into a form of black and white energy fire like he did back in the FGT except with more control and bla.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i can just imagine ichigos hair burning like a fire or like a crown of fire in bankai , maybe thats why his hair is orange hahaha

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast