Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    OHH. That gives me an idea!! So remember how when ichigo was trying to manifest his FGT!?! That was probably his zanpaktous real form back then. Now that both White and *Young Bach* are one in the same, and offered directly to Ichigo his abilities could sky rocket from his original state.

And his bankai could include him fusing both swords into a form of black and white energy fire like he did back in the FGT except with more control and bla.

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    i can just imagine ichigos hair burning like a fire or like a crown of fire in bankai , maybe thats why his hair is orange hahaha
    Both very interesting and cool ideas especially ones where ichigo is a constant badass. He's not that hot when he's weak (no pun intended)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    Doesnt those black flame represent the hollow powers? just a thought
    In ichigo's case there is not really a distinction between hollow and shinigami powers in this context. Shirosaki, who was originally white, became ichigo's shinigami powers. Ichigo's shinigami powers are also his hollow powers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    In ichigo's case there is not really a distinction between hollow and shinigami powers in this context. Shirosaki, who was originally white, became ichigo's shinigami powers. Ichigo's shinigami powers are also his hollow powers.
    On that note, it'd be interesting to see what Ichigo's shinigami avatar would be like if he never had any hollow powers in the first place.
    How would it look like? What kind of perosnality would it have?
    How is he different from the Vizards who originally was pure Shinigami but obtained hollow powers? Did tehir inner shinigami avatar change or perhaps merge?

Heck, it'd be interesting to see Isshin's inner world shinigami avatar, perhaps it'd be easier to understand why Ichigo seem to be missing what is supposed to be a Shinigami avatar, cause Hollow Ichigo doesn't quite fit the bill.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always wondered about that too. There are two possibilities IMO. Zampakuto are not within shinigami from the get go. Well, they are, but rather the issue is that they appear to form over time within the shinigami. In ichigo's case his latent shinigami powers fused from the get go with white hence making it his zampakuto. Now if white hadn't come into the picture then the first alternative would have been to ichigo making his own zampakuto over time as shinigami normally do. The alternative would be that his shinigami powers would have fused with old man zangetsu. Perhaps the most likely scenario is that a zampakuto would have formed independently though.

Shirosaki is ichigo's shinigami avatar, that was the entire point of the previous bit with ichigo getting an asauchi. The manga specifically says white fused with ichigo's shinigami powers and ended up as ichigo's zampakuto.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt meant it that way, my point is:

Since his hollow powers are his zan, the black flame represent that only.

Even in the SS arc, when ichigo fought byakuya, he was shown surrounded by black flames (final attack, in anime), it could be the same case here...

During fullbring arc, it was mentioned that ichigo likes to be surrounded by riatsu, which was the case with his bankai and also his fullbring, i wont be surprise if the same is the case this time as well.

visit me here

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

can Ichigo's released state be called BANKAI anymore?

i mean those quincy can steal bankai's so maybe Ichigo's released state will be a Quincy Release?or like Espada Release where he will change form like FGT mode so that the quincies stealing pendant can't determine if Ichigo release a bankai or not making those things useless

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    can Ichigo's released state be called BANKAI anymore?

i mean those quincy can steal bankai's so maybe Ichigo's released state will be a Quincy Release?or like Espada Release where he will change form like FGT mode so that the quincies stealing pendant can't determine if Ichigo release a bankai or not making those things useless
    Wasn't it determined that Ichigo's Bankai cannot be stolen?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always wondered about that too. There are two possibilities IMO. Zampakuto are not within shinigami from the get go. Well, they are, but rather the issue is that they appear to form over time within the shinigami. In ichigo's case his latent shinigami powers fused from the get go with white hence making it his zampakuto. Now if white hadn't come into the picture then the first alternative would have been to ichigo making his own zampakuto over time as shinigami normally do. The alternative would be that his shinigami powers would have fused with old man zangetsu. Perhaps the most likely scenario is that a zampakuto would have formed independently though.

Shirosaki is ichigo's shinigami avatar, that was the entire point of the previous bit with ichigo getting an asauchi. The manga specifically says white fused with ichigo's shinigami powers and ended up as ichigo's zampakuto.
    That is quite an interesting perspective, perhaps that's why it did mirror his apperance but in a different color since it developed an apperance from very early on?
    Assuming the apperance indeed normally develops over time, then it would have no choice but to mirror Ichigos own apperance since he had it from very early on.
    It's defo very interesting perspective.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No clue on why shirosaki would look like ichigo... We have seen a few instances of zampakuto in the manga but generally they do not look like their respective shinigami at all. If anything the two we have seen aren't even anthropomorphic at all. Renji's is a baboon with a snake tail. hyorinmary appeared to hitsugaya in a dream and it was just a huge ass dragon. If we assume minazuki looks anything like the thing unohana rode in SS arc then it is a huge sting ray. Its also a tad weird that for whatever reason zangetsu was wearing a mask when ichigo got his zampakuto and then he appeared as we know him when ichigo finally got his two blades. At least if we consider the 2 factual examples (and the probable example of unohana) ichigo appears to be a somewhat unique case when it comes to the appearance of his zampakuto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that Ichigo seperated Bach and Zangetsu into two different swrods. Shouldn't he have now two different powers he could use. I mean Bach technically shouldn't be able to use GT. Now that he and zangetsu doesn't share the same body anymore. So will we see Ichigo using Quincy ability's with his short sword and GT's with his katana.

Actually now that Ichigo has two Asauchi's like Ukitake and Shunsui should each of their Asauchi have a shikai ability? I mean one for each seeing that they are two different entities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

No clue on why shirosaki would look like ichigo... We have seen a few instances of zampakuto in the manga but generally they do not look like their respective shinigami at all. If anything the two we have seen aren't even anthropomorphic at all. Renji's is a baboon with a snake tail. hyorinmary appeared to hitsugaya in a dream and it was just a huge ass dragon. If we assume minazuki looks anything like the thing unohana rode in SS arc then it is a huge sting ray. Its also a tad weird that for whatever reason zangetsu was wearing a mask when ichigo got his zampakuto and then he appeared as we know him when ichigo finally got his two blades. At least if we consider the 2 factual examples (and the probable example of unohana) ichigo appears to be a somewhat unique case when it comes to the appearance of his zampakuto.
    I think the answer is that Shirosaki is different from other Shinigami avatars. My best guess as to why Shirosaki looks like Ichigo is because of Shirosaki's very nature; Shirosaki's core ability as a Hollow and as an avatar is to hijack Shinigami powers and fuse with them. Another way to word this is that the host Shinigami's powers become Shirosaki's powers; his appearance follows suit in the the host Shinigami's appearance becomes Shirosaki's appearance. I suppose you could say Shirosaki tries to steal everything that the Shinigami owns; their powers, their appearance, and their body.....
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Ichigo's Bankai ability will be to absorb other spiritual powers. Then again, Ukitake kind of has that ability already.

Most likely, Ichigo may be able to do different abilities with each of his zanpakuto and could increase his "Getsuga Tenshou" attack. I'm wondering if, he'll still have his hollow mask or not.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Now that Ichigo seperated Bach and Zangetsu into two different swrods. Shouldn't he have now two different powers he could use. I mean Bach technically shouldn't be able to use GT. Now that he and zangetsu doesn't share the same body anymore. So will we see Ichigo using Quincy ability's with his short sword and GT's with his katana.

Actually now that Ichigo has two Asauchi's like Ukitake and Shunsui should each of their Asauchi have a shikai ability? I mean one for each seeing that they are two different entities.
    I've been thinking about this and have a theory. Bachgetsu is basically an avatar of Ichigo's Quincy powers, and has stated that whenever Ichigo has been taught to use his Shinigami powers, he used White to teach him. Now IIRC, Ichigo didn't learn his Shikai's GT nor his Bankai's speed-realted techniques from White (as far as we've seen, unless it happened off-panel). However, the Black Getsuga was first used by White, which would suggest that the Black Getsuga is actually part of Ichigo's Shinigami powers (note that Bachgetsu didn't use this technique).

This kinda makes sense IMO...Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou prior to Hollowfication appeared to be VERY similar to a Quincy's attack in 2 ways; firstly it was a blast of pure spirit energy, and secondly it was a light blue colour (in fact, the EXACT same colour as Uryuu's arrows). My guess is that Bachgetsu was trying to pull the wool over Ichigo's (and our) eyes by providing him with a convincing Shikai technique that was, in actuality, simply a Quincy arrow in disguise (apart from it was formed from Ichigo's own energy rather than external energy).

So what do I think Ichigo's real Bankai will be? Well, if I've read it correctly, at the end of the Arrancar arc Bachgetsu stopped suppressing Ichigo's Shinigami powers; in other words, as you've pointed out, Ichigo's FGT incorporated more of his Shinigami powers, and as such took on an appearance that should look similar to his Bankai. That, IMO, is why the full colour spread looks a lot like FGT; because that's the true form of his Shinigami powers!!!

So in summary, I think Ichigo's Bankai is going to be a (perhaps) weaker version of FGT...It could even be that Ichigo's Bankai and his FGT are exactly the same thing (apart from the fact that this time he'll have less of a time limit and won't lose his powers forever)!!!!!
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; October 21, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I've been thinking about this and have a theory. Bachgetsu is basically an avatar of Ichigo's Quincy powers, and has stated that whenever Ichigo has been taught to use his Shinigami powers, he used White to teach him. Now IIRC, Ichigo didn't learn his Shikai's GT nor his Bankai's speed-realted techniques from White (as far as we've seen, unless it happened off-panel). However, the Black Getsuga was first used by White, which would suggest that the Black Getsuga is actually part of Ichigo's Shinigami powers (note that Bachgetsu didn't use this technique).

This kinda makes sense IMO...Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou prior to Hollowfication appeared to be VERY similar to a Quincy's attack in 2 ways; firstly it was a blast of pure spirit energy, and secondly it was a light blue colour (in fact, the EXACT same colour as Uryuu's arrows). My guess is that Bachgetsu was trying to pull the wool over Ichigo's (and our) eyes by providing him with a convincing Shikai technique that was, in actuality, simply a Quincy arrow in disguise (apart from it was formed from Ichigo's own energy rather than external energy).

So what do I think Ichigo's real Bankai will be? Well, if I've read it correctly, at the end of the Arrancar arc Bachgetsu stopped suppressing Ichigo's Shinigami powers; in other words, as you've pointed out, Ichigo's FGT incorporated more of his Shinigami powers, and as such took on an appearance that should look similar to his Bankai. That, IMO, is why the full colour spread looks a lot like FGT; because that's the true form of his Shinigami powers!!!

So in summary, I think Ichigo's Bankai is going to be a (perhaps) weaker version of FGT...It could even be that Ichigo's Bankai and his FGT are exactly the same thing (apart from the fact that this time he'll have less of a time limit and won't lose his powers forever)!!!!!
    Well I think that Bach used White when he taught Ichigo GT in shikai like the Quiny's are using the stolen bankai's.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Well I think that Bach used White when he taught Ichigo GT in shikai like the Quiny's are using the stolen bankai's.
    I don't think White taught Ichigo the 'blue' GT. As far as we saw, Ichigo encountered White twice during the SS arc. During the first encounter (during his fight with Zaraki), White didn't use GT at all, and Ichigo already knew how to use it without knowing its name. During the second encounter (when White took control of his body during his fight with Byakuya), Ichigo had already learnt the name of the blue GT. In other words, Ichigo didn't learn the name or form of the attack from White.

He did however, learn the 'black' GT from White, which I believe is the true GT. The 'blue' GT, IMO, is no different from a Quincy's arrow apart from the fact that its formed from Ichigo's own energy rather than energy within the atmosphere.
    Predictions

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast