Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

i really hope ichigo would be able to incorporate/fuse all his old powerups (shinigami, hollow, hollow mask, fullbringing, white, or w/e numerous power he got) instead of pulling out another new bullshit power up.

But then again, it is bleach. I can always count on seeing a new power up for every arc

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    i can just imagine ichigos hair burning like a fire or like a crown of fire in bankai , maybe thats why his hair is orange hahaha
    This actually, in my imagination, looks extremely epic. His hair becomes long and sort of gives the effects of Zanka No Tachi West.

However, I personally hope that this is not his Shikai. I want him to fight someone strong and them mocking him about his Shikai and only for Ichigo to lift one of his swords and release its Shikai (Im off the belief - at least want Ichigo to have different releases for his swords, His final Bankai form being the combined release of both). Would love it if one of his releases does do the effect you describe, remember post Dangai? Imagine that hair but all fiery and flamey.

Do you guys think that Ichigos Bankai will still be called Tensa Zangetsu? Or will it have a different name.

Hoping that Ichigo has a release command. Something along the lines of "Black flames of the moon, Holy light burns my fear, The day Turns to night, Rise to the Heavens - Zangetsu"
    Last edited by jaymizzo; October 22, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as white zangetsu goes I don't think there is a reason for his name to change. Safe for whatever it was that black zangetsu released a while back zangetsu's abilities should be fundamentally the same. As far as themes and techniques, those were inherited from ishin. The whole point of the asauchi thing was to make ichigo an actual shinigami and help his discover the true nature of his powers. That does not mean his fundamental abilities should change or that white zangetsu is different from before. Ichigo simply changed the medium by which his powers were released as far as I can tell.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    Spoiler show

When bleach resumed its weekly chapter series at the beginning of this month there was an amazing colour page at the beginning. Often we see that authors love to include hints and messages in these types of spreads. I tried reading into it and noticed that Ichigo is engulfed in a black flame-like cloak. Could there be a meaning behind this maybe. We know his father's ZAN was fire based. And it was heavily hinted and implied that Ichigo's also now wields a fire based ZAN. Perhaps it has something to do with his bankai's ability. Black flames....
    I think you are off on your are of inquiry regarding the hint. Take a look at the picture again and see if you can see a more glaring item that may be taken as too obvious to be a hing (hints tend to hide in that which will be overlooked as too obvious to be a hint).

Notice the symmetry of the picture. Quincy on the left, Shinigami on the right with just about equal page surface coverage for both groups. Ichigo is smack in the middle of the page. I think this is hinting that there is a close to equal level between Ichigo's Quincy powers and his Shinigami powers.

I also suggest that the side the blades are on indicate the power source most affiliated with that blade. For the larger blade on the left, it appears to be his Quincy strength (since this is what he was using most when Bach was restricting his Shinigami strength from growing too much). For the smaller blade on the right, it appears to be representative of his Shinigami strength (since it was restricted and has had less time to be focused on before the point of his Zanpakuto recreation).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsugetsu View Post
    I think you are off on your are of inquiry regarding the hint. Take a look at the picture again and see if you can see a more glaring item that may be taken as too obvious to be a hing (hints tend to hide in that which will be overlooked as too obvious to be a hint).

Notice the symmetry of the picture. Quincy on the left, Shinigami on the right with just about equal page surface coverage for both groups. Ichigo is smack in the middle of the page. I think this is hinting that there is a close to equal level between Ichigo's Quincy powers and his Shinigami powers.

I also suggest that the side the blades are on indicate the power source most affiliated with that blade. For the larger blade on the left, it appears to be his Quincy strength (since this is what he was using most when Bach was restricting his Shinigami strength from growing too much). For the smaller blade on the right, it appears to be representative of his Shinigami strength (since it was restricted and has had less time to be focused on before the point of his Zanpakuto recreation).
    Good observation and you may be right. Another thing I linked this picture to is the placement of the characters parallel to each other. I think that the quincies who are on the same level as shinigamis horizontally on this picture will in some way (probably fighting) cross each other in the timeline of the manga. What do you think? Some of them have already happened.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsugetsu View Post

Actually it is the other way around. The long sword is Hollow Ichigo and the short one is Bach.
    Here the link:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/542/13

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

While Ichigo is stronger now, I don't think he is even near the level he was vs Aizen. His inner Yhwach and Zangetsu still aren't fused into one being.

So with that said I think that Ichigo's new powers won't be a fusion like they were before, they will simply be Quincy and Hollow-Shinigami. Hence the two blades.
    Just like his Hollowfication, at first it was a mask that he used alongside his Shinigami power, and later against Ulquiorra he reached a "fusion" transcendent form.

My prediction is his Quincy powers will progress the same way: first it will be an extra power, later it will fuse with him.

Then again that would make him too overpowered, unless Aizen returns after the Quincy fall and goes transcendent-Bankai or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ichigo should be stronger than his post-Dangai form, but weaker than in his FGT form.

Not only he has the fusion of his Shinigami and Hollow powers, but he added FB to them and then he actually got a boost from getting his full extent of Shinigami powers and also seems to get control over his Quincy powers. And also he had some sort of agreat propper training under RG members, so I believe he should be at least a bit stronger than in his post-Dangai mode.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

With the info of the current chapter, I expect Ichigo to have several pairs of black-wings behind his back!

Flame is lame, "dark light" is much cooler, well actually it should be "dark spectra" more or less in that theme.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I think Ichigo should be stronger than his post-Dangai form, but weaker than in his FGT form.

Not only he has the fusion of his Shinigami and Hollow powers, but he added FB to them and then he actually got a boost from getting his full extent of Shinigami powers and also seems to get control over his Quincy powers. And also he had some sort of agreat propper training under RG members, so I believe he should be at least a bit stronger than in his post-Dangai mode.
    If that was true, he'd be able to kill Yhwach easily and instantly end the war. The entire Vandenreich would be nothing more than butter cut with a hot knife.

The powerlevels since the Aizen fight have gone down for Ichigo. After that fight, his powers were brought down to the normal dimension.

Keep in mind Ichigo's powers fused into one back then, it all became one. It's not like that this time, it seems.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end, I'm afraid that the 3rd form doesn't have enough power to defeat the final villain, there must exist the 4th form somewhere out there in the wasteland such that anyone who uses it will die or be erased forever in the mortal plane. The fact that FGT failed to defeat Aizen (Urahara's kidou did it) means it lacks power to beat someone even stronger (= soul king level).

Let's face it, if Ichigo looses his power again after using FGT, everyone will help him getting it back. If he dies then he'll stay in SS but I want a 3rd option, an extreme twisted option for Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Aizen is effectively immortal (Hougyoku will heal him no matter what), that's why FGT failed to kill him. Any physical attack won't be able to kill him, you need a haxxed godly ability that neutralizes/overcomes Hougyoku or just erases him whatsoever or something like that.

I don't want to see this turn into DB GT with SS4 popping up. So far, we have:

base form - shinigami, arrancar
    intial release - shikai, Resurreccion
    full release - bankai, (Ulqui) Segunda Etapa
    becoming one with your power - (Ichigo) FGT

and since Ichigo is the only one known to use the last one of them, I don't think we need to go even deeper.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think becoming one with your power really is that much of a level in the context of the series. The manga displayed FGT as a zampakuto technique, not a level or inherent trait to zampakuto. The key here is the fact that the technique is called "final getsuga tensho" and not something like "final union" or "ultimate release" or something of the sort. Ichigo became the getsuga tensho when he used the technique, he became the very unique and special ability his zampakuto has. With the information we have there is no evidence to actually suggest this is something other shinigami could have access to anymore than they would be able to access a normal getsuga tensho.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd form : becoming one with the zan (complete fusion)

4th form : too strong to even use any zan.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing about becoming one with your zampakuto is weird to begin with. Aizen and ichigo both displayed that on some level (independently from FGT) however it is kinda contradictory with how shinigami powers work traditionally nowadays. Think about everything we have seen with nimaiya and ichigo. An asauchi does exactly the opposite of what is apparently happening with transcendental aizen and ichigo. An asauchi basically takes into itself the zampakuto, an inherent part of a shinigami's soul, from shinigami and works apparently as a bridge, link or middleman so that the shinigami in question can use the power of his soul to the fullest. So you have the asauchi, which takes a zampakuto from within a soul and then you have this transcendentals which for some reason fuse with their asauchi.... If kubo did plan his manga then there should be a deeper significance to the whole thing.

Anyways, another weird thing is that ichigo was even able to use his powers without an asauchi before. Whats the deal? He is technically a bit of every race we have seen in the series however none of them really ever manifested their power on their own as ichigo did. Think about it. Shinigami have used zampakuto for several thounsand years now. Quincy were said to be people who could create spirit weapons out of their power and use tools for their benefit (quincy cross, gloves....). Hollows powers come from their ripped hearts which turn into masks, basically hollow's bodies become their power and have their abilities. Humans are a weird little thing. Some of them are fullbrings who get hollow powers and are able to imprint their memories into object's souls (which is somewhat similar to the concept of asauchi although asauchi seem to be a more advanced version). Kanonji has abilities although it is unclear if there is any fullbring with him so far or if he is a pure human. Orihime is also in a weird situation because her powers are rather godly so far. To boot humans have it in them to become any other type of soul so far.

Anyways, it is a tad weird that to some degree all the abilities of different types of souls seem to have vague little things that appear similar between them. Hollow hearts coming out and becoming power seems to be similar to how asauchi take zampakuto from shinigami's souls and manifest them into the world. As I said earlier fullbring appears to be a cruder version of a zampakuto. Quincy have innate abilities to them which is perhaps similar to the situation with shinigami although it does not appear as if quincy powers are generally alive as with shinigami (with the exception of ichigo). Perhaps these vague similarities between their abilities suggest in some form a common ancestor soul of sorts? Well, humans are the ones who have a chance of becoming any given type of soul however what if in the past there weren't several types of souls to become but rather there was only one type of soul with attributes of all the current types of souls. Which is perhaps what ichigo became via his weird birth in which he got all 4 types of souls from his parents. Perhaps ichigo could manifest his powers without an asauchi because having the qualities of all 4 souls gave him qualities which allowed him to manifest the true extent of his powers on his own. So ichigo or aizen becoming transcendental merely made them be as souls originally were, a state in which no tools were needed to manifest powers, so the fusion could be their powers going back within them to their origin.

Now, under no scenario using an asauchi would actually weaken or strengthen ichigo. Ichigo could already manifest his powers into the real world so realistically he did not ever need an asauchi as shinigami would. I would think that for ichigo the whole thing was more of a practical matter since his power, his soul, was broken. Getting an actual asauchi was a way to make him a true member of the gotei 13 and fix his broken bankai/soul.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast