Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

Now the quincies have wings, hmm so Ichigo is gonna get several pairs of "black cero wings" too? I still remember Stark shot out his cero like walk in a park with zero pose nor form.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is gonna be his new ability.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grinpatch View Post
    I think this is gonna be his new ability.

GT is hardly a new technique. xD

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the main difference we will see in regards to GT is that its shikai version will be much like the old bankai version. basically we will see the black reiatsu as soon as he uses shikai. As for the bankai version, no clue. Bankai is supposed to compress power so perhaps that will be enhanced now. Maybe we will see ichigo prepare GT without the energy actually overflowing from the blade as he charges...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think Ichigo won't have any new abilities as such, but his existing ones will be enhanced (and by "enhanced", I mean his Shikai will be at a level greater than his Hollowfied Bankai, and his Bankai will possibly reach a level just a tad lower than his FGT); he truely "knows" his Zanpakutou now, and I think this will have a similar effect as when Yumichika called his Zanpakutou by its true name.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Yama-Jii's very own words to the fake Juha, about Ichigo, as for the reason why Yama-Jii thought they couldn't steal Ichigo's bankai.
    While Yama-Jii may have been a fool to gamble on something unknown as the enemies ability to steal bankais, he is however no fool when it comes to Zanpaktou's themselves.
    What he said was something along the lines of Ichigo not having fully released his true bankai, so lets think about that for a moment.

Alright, so moments later Yama-Jii unleashes his complete bankai, and holy hell, he sure had a heck of a lot of bankai abilities, despite of his shikai appearing rather "simple". Moments before he had just said that Ichigo's bankai was incomplete, and saying that he's the oppoesite of Ichigo, having a very complete bankai.

So what is it that we Bleach fans used to complain a lot about back in the days? Yes, that Ichigos bankai was too simple, and the forums had a lot of these complaints.

Imo it all adds up, I'm pretty sure Ichigo will have more abilities that will match well with his Getsuga Tenshou and enhanced speed.

It's not only Yama-Jii who has a complex bankai with different abilities that can't be used in shikai, take a look at Hitsugaya for example, or Byakuya's second and final form, and on.

If anything, simple bankais just seems to be inexperienced users, and that Ichigo very much used to be, it wasn't only because he had Quincy and Hollow powers, even Renji needed to do the test, and he probably got stronger from it as well, quite plausbily with more abilties and strength.

Since Renji didn't succed right away, similar to how Ichigo did it once he finally figured it all out, which kinda proves that Renji got stronger with his Zanpaktou as well.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Also got a feeling that we'll see Renji's new powered up bankai before we see Ichigo's, as to show us what to expect.
    Kubo is not a stranger to such patterns, and Renji did exactly the same back in the SS arc, where he showed us what to expect of Ichigo's bankai.
    Although he used Tousen's bankai as well for that back then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Going off the last chapter, it could well be possible that Ichigo still doesn't actually know his Zanpakutou's name, and it could carry COMPLETELY different abilities to what he's been using up to this point! Before I continue, this theory isn't backed up by much evidence, and it does border on fanfic, but here it is...

So, we know that Ichigo's powers incorporate those of Quincies and White. Both of these sets of power relate to parasitism (White because he hijack's a Shinigami's existing powers, and the Quincies because they can control and absorb spirit particles to the point where they can steal traits of a spirit being), which could mean that Ichigo's Zanpakutou's powers were indeed taken from his dad.

But what if Ichigo's powers are much more than that, and are actually something similar to Metastasia/Aaronario, allowing him to steal the powers of other beings and use them. This could also be expanded upon by the fact he's a hybrid of the races, able to use powers relating to Shinigami, Hollows and Quincies; he could absorb a Shinigami's Bankai and use it as a Resurreccion, or he could absorb a Quincy's Vollstandig and use it as a Bankai. He's essentially been using the same ability up until now, but has only made use of the powers he absorbed from Isshin; he's used his powers as both Shikai/Bankai (normal blue GT), and as Hollow powers (black GT, which Ulquiorra remarked was similar to a Hollow's cero)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Going off the last chapter, it could well be possible that Ichigo still doesn't actually know his Zanpakutou's name, and it could carry COMPLETELY different abilities to what he's been using up to this point! Before I continue, this theory isn't backed up by much evidence, and it does border on fanfic, but here it is...

So, we know that Ichigo's powers incorporate those of Quincies and White. Both of these sets of power relate to parasitism (White because he hijack's a Shinigami's existing powers, and the Quincies because they can control and absorb spirit particles to the point where they can steal traits of a spirit being), which could mean that Ichigo's Zanpakutou's powers were indeed taken from his dad.

But what if Ichigo's powers are much more than that, and are actually something similar to Metastasia/Aaronario, allowing him to steal the powers of other beings and use them. This could also be expanded upon by the fact he's a hybrid of the races, able to use powers relating to Shinigami, Hollows and Quincies; he could absorb a Shinigami's Bankai and use it as a Resurreccion, or he could absorb a Quincy's Vollstandig and use it as a Bankai. He's essentially been using the same ability up until now, but has only made use of the powers he absorbed from Isshin; he's used his powers as both Shikai/Bankai (normal blue GT), and as Hollow powers (black GT, which Ulquiorra remarked was similar to a Hollow's cero)...
    I think Zangetsu is the true name. Only because we went through the whole revelation about him using his Quincy powers the whole time and when he got the new blades forged the name still remained Zangetsu. That and the fact that we haven't seen Ichibei tell him a "true" name like he did for Renji yet.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    I think Zangetsu is the true name. Only because we went through the whole revelation about him using his Quincy powers the whole time and when he got the new blades forged the name still remained Zangetsu. That and the fact that we haven't seen Ichibei tell him a "true" name like he did for Renji yet.
    Also if Ichibei could tell Renji his Zanpaktou's full name, then likely so can Ichigo's inner world young Ywach, since he's basically part of Ichigo, so he probably knows the name.
    Ichigo already know his Zanpaktou's bankai, aka full name, which is Tensa Zangetsu.

What may increase Ichigo's powers dramatically though, unlike Renji, is knowing what kind of powers he has, and what is what within himself.

Ichigo knew his Zanpaktou's full name, but he did not know about it's full source, whereas Renji knew about his source of powers, but not his Zanpaktou's full name.

Question then, would be, will it have a similar effect on Ichigo's powers knowing his source?

Also a whole other ball game is how Quincy powers work, but seemingly this too, will be at full power now, after learning about its source.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is entirely possible tensa zangetsu is not really ichigo's bankai true name. As far as we have seen names in particular were never given via zangetsu but rather old man zangetsu. Now, it is entirely possible old man zangetsu new the true names but he might as well have not known. I think the bigger issue is old man's zangetsu true name. Shouldn't he have his own name? The monk guy could give him one as far as we know. Or maybe his true name is and will continue to be zangetsu.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, it is entirely possible tensa zangetsu is not really ichigo's bankai true name. As far as we have seen names in particular were never given via zangetsu but rather old man zangetsu. Now, it is entirely possible old man zangetsu new the true names but he might as well have not known. I think the bigger issue is old man's zangetsu true name. Shouldn't he have his own name? The monk guy could give him one as far as we know. Or maybe his true name is and will continue to be zangetsu.
    Your post reminded me of these scenes, so I went back to find them.

It does actually seem to suggest that Hichigo and Zangetsu are one and the same, but are they?
    Will Ichigo ever use the full power of his Quincy powers accepting them under the same name?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

How cool would it be if ichigo came back now knowing what his bankai is. Yet is still powerful from the training and starts off fresh. Awakens his bankai against the soul king at the end of this arch?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think that is a great point. Zangetsu was the name given by the quincy power inside of him. Maybe his zanpakuto has a different name to attain shikai and bankai. It's fair to reason that the bald monk will see inside Ichigo and correct these issues.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant exclusively bankai. Zangetsu should by all intents and purposes remain the name of ichigo's zampakuto. He even referred to old man zangetsu as, well, zangetsu. The scenario should perhaps be somewhat similar to what it was with renji. Ichigo has so far only accessed a portion of his power although under different circumstances than renji. Then again it is also possible old man zangetsu from the start got the true name.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's possible new Bankai got me thinking. Now that Ichigo has twin Zanpaktous, will he have a new Bankai pose. Every time Ichigo releases his Bankai, he a adopts this particular pose. Now that he has two swords would his stance to activate his Bankai change.

Last edited by AvatarReiko; February 01, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast