Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 92

Thread: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

  1. #61
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarReiko View Post
    Ichigo's possible new Bankai got me thinking. Now that Ichigo has twin Zanpaktous, will he have a new Bankai pose. Every time Ichigo releases his Bankai, he a adopts this particular pose. Now that he has two swords would his stance to activate his Bankai change.

    Good question. And this brings up another question, now that he has two souls in his bankai (not sure if this is the case but it seems like it is) would he have two different versions of bankai? would they release both together?

    And to answer your question I'm going to say probably yes.

  2. #62
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Well, as stated in the previous "The Blade IS Me" chapter, Ichigo stated that he will no longer ask for help from either Zangetsu or Hollow (white) because now he's come to a realism or understanding to his true potential and power. Meaning that, Ichigo may not necessary need to go into any mode of power, being Shikai or Bankai. And this could obviously be due to his different mixtures of spirit powers (Quincy, Shinigami, Hollow and Human) and Ichigo is accepting himself as the true source of his own power.

    Regarding the twin zanpakuto, that could be Kubo's way of symbolizing Ichigo's duality of self by having two, twin swords that balance out his overall power. Remember, this was an issue with Ichigo's powers in the past, even during his previous training sessions.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  3. #63
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Well, as stated in the previous "The Blade IS Me" chapter, Ichigo stated that he will no longer ask for help from either Zangetsu or Hollow (white) because now he's come to a realism or understanding to his true potential and power. Meaning that, Ichigo may not necessary need to go into any mode of power, being Shikai or Bankai. And this could obviously be due to his different mixtures of spirit powers (Quincy, Shinigami, Hollow and Human) and Ichigo is accepting himself as the true source of his own power.

    Regarding the twin zanpakuto, that could be Kubo's way of symbolizing Ichigo's duality of self by having two, twin swords that balance out his overall power. Remember, this was an issue with Ichigo's powers in the past, even during his previous training sessions.
    Very intriguing way of looking at it. Definitally wouldn't mind if it turned out being the case however, I think kubo will give ichigo a bankai and possibly but not probably a shikai as well. Even though his zanpakuto's look like they're always in their released form just like his previous zanpakuto. The reason is because I think it will serve for a fan-awe moment. Like madara becoming sag of 6 paths. Shonen manga's tend to take advantage of giving their character new forms when the time calls for it.

  4. #64
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Well, as stated in the previous "The Blade IS Me" chapter, Ichigo stated that he will no longer ask for help from either Zangetsu or Hollow (white) because now he's come to a realism or understanding to his true potential and power. Meaning that, Ichigo may not necessary need to go into any mode of power, being Shikai or Bankai. And this could obviously be due to his different mixtures of spirit powers (Quincy, Shinigami, Hollow and Human) and Ichigo is accepting himself as the true source of his own power.

    Regarding the twin zanpakuto, that could be Kubo's way of symbolizing Ichigo's duality of self by having two, twin swords that balance out his overall power. Remember, this was an issue with Ichigo's powers in the past, even during his previous training sessions.
    Putting it like that sounds very much like FGT, where he merges with and essentially becomes his own power! Perhaps he's gained the ability to use this form indefinitely!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  5. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Putting it like that sounds very much like FGT, where he merges with and essentially becomes his own power! Perhaps he's gained the ability to use this form indefinitely!


    I disagree, because Kubo already wrote that "Final Getsuga Tenshou" is simply a technique that allows Isshin or Ichigo to become the GT itself. The result of that is losing your shinigami power. In Isshin's case, that would be a great downfall, however, with Ichigo, who's spirit power isn't limited to "shinigami" logic, but goes beyond that, is a different case altogether.

    What I'm suggesting is that, based on Zangetsu (or Youthful Ywhach) releasing the Quincy part of Ichigo's power and allowing Ichigo to finally embrace or whatever, his full potential, his powers will work on an entirely different scale than Shinigami, Hollow, Quincy, Fullbringer, etc. Ichigo is indeed "special" as Kubo put it, in that Jump Festa interview way back in 2010.

    If he does have a new bankai, that's cool, too. Not hatin' on that either.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  6. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    If I'll lol very hard if his new bankai gives out slimmer and smaller Zan(s) than the previous one. All his raw power concentrates in a confinement volume of the blades that his blades create theirs own gravitational fields! The blades absorb light such that they are surrounded by darkness along the edges of the swords.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  7. #67
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    I don't know if someone's already posted something like this, but I had a thought. Ichigo said a while ago that the black GT was an attack created by his inner Hollow. Now Zangetsu taught him the plain GT, but we now know that he was never the face of Ichigo's Shinigami powers, so he only knew them because he and White were once one. So I'm wondering if Getsuga Tensho is actually Ichigo's ability at all.

    White was once his own being, who once fought Isshin and IIRC Isshin used GT in that fight. So what if the GT Ichigo has been using was simply White copying the only Shinigami attack he went up against (presumably)? Even the Final GT might be another thing White stole from Isshin just by sampling his power during their fight.

  8. #68
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    India
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I don't know if someone's already posted something like this, but I had a thought. Ichigo said a while ago that the black GT was an attack created by his inner Hollow. Now Zangetsu taught him the plain GT, but we now know that he was never the face of Ichigo's Shinigami powers, so he only knew them because he and White were once one. So I'm wondering if Getsuga Tensho is actually Ichigo's ability at all.

    White was once his own being, who once fought Isshin and IIRC Isshin used GT in that fight. So what if the GT Ichigo has been using was simply White copying the only Shinigami attack he went up against (presumably)? Even the Final GT might be another thing White stole from Isshin just by sampling his power during their fight.
    I remember bringing this idea once that it might be possible for white to be a recorder type, i.e. it recorded the ability it saw being used.

    In that case it would make ichigo have huge arsenal with skills ranging from byakuya to ulliquora all coming to him..


    visit me here

  9. #69
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I don't know if someone's already posted something like this, but I had a thought. Ichigo said a while ago that the black GT was an attack created by his inner Hollow. Now Zangetsu taught him the plain GT, but we now know that he was never the face of Ichigo's Shinigami powers, so he only knew them because he and White were once one. So I'm wondering if Getsuga Tensho is actually Ichigo's ability at all.

    White was once his own being, who once fought Isshin and IIRC Isshin used GT in that fight. So what if the GT Ichigo has been using was simply White copying the only Shinigami attack he went up against (presumably)? Even the Final GT might be another thing White stole from Isshin just by sampling his power during their fight.

    Getsuga Tenshou came from Isshin, not White. The attack just looks different from Isshin versus Ichigo, because Ichigo has the hollow / quincy mixture in his spiritual power is all.

    I think honestly, Kubo doesn't make these things that complicated, it's just people are looking for something extra to these things that aren't even there. It's plain as day, regarding Ichigo's power and at this point, it's makes sense as to why, Ichigo's struggled with his powers for so long.

    Maybe he'll still use his hollow mask too.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  10. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Getsuga Tenshou came from Isshin, not White. The attack just looks different from Isshin versus Ichigo, because Ichigo has the hollow / quincy mixture in his spiritual power is all.

    I think honestly, Kubo doesn't make these things that complicated, it's just people are looking for something extra to these things that aren't even there. It's plain as day, regarding Ichigo's power and at this point, it's makes sense as to why, Ichigo's struggled with his powers for so long.

    Maybe he'll still use his hollow mask too.
    Maybe, but there's been no other cases of Zanpakuto abilities being an inherited family trait. Not that we have any other direct father/son examples, true, but Isshin and Kaien were at least family members and their Zans were very different from each other, with Isshin's being a flaming sword and Kaien's being a water trident. So it seems weird to me that Ichigo would have exactly the same techniques as Isshin, especially when Ichigo's power has two other sources at its root.

    In a way I'm saying GT does come from Isshin, only that Ichigo only has it because White copied it and passed it on, which isn't so incredible considering that GT is nothing more than throwing ones reiatsu around using their sword.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #71
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    Ichigo high concentration of reishi creates a gravitational vortex that tips the balance Haschwalth.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  13. #72
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    India
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    If we look at it, there are three things i am looking forward to:

    1. Ichigo bankai, during the fullbring arc it was mentioned that ichigo is a person who likes to use power as a cloak, i wouldnt be surprised if that is the case with his new bankai. It will be similar but with little bit of artistic changes, maybe some sort of hollowfication

    2. blut/volst: if he accepted his quincy part, he might even show us blut and volstanding, which will be interesting to see. what will be his quincy power?

    3. Hollow: Gt is a form of cero, but i wouldnt be surprised that in bankai form he no longer needs a sword to shoot GT


    visit me here

  14. #73
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    His old bankai had his own piece of clothe though, I think that already fit into the wearing your power thing. Since getting a new sword is not something that should have changed ichigo's overall abilities then I would think that it is a given that he will retain clothes. He got a new asauchi, not a new set of abilities. What should result in some change is the fact that old man zangetsu is not suppressing his powers anymore however I have trouble imagining ichigo showing a significant deviation from what we have seen. Perhaps we can talk about his old zampakuto functions being split. One will handle the GT and whatever other new property it might have (cero fire or something perhaps?) and then the other one will focus on speed. No zampakuto is supposed to have two abilities yet ichigo had one so perhaps speed in itself was always something that came from old man zangetsu rather than zangetsu.

    Ichigo has already used blutz. And he should have all the other generic quincy abilities.... I can't wait to see bankai + blut artery though, it should be quite effective. As far as volstandig, I don't think we will see one from ichigo. For one thing, the ster riter could not use bankai and volstandig. I think ichigo will have a similar deal to them. For another, volstandig is not an innate quincy ability nor is it something that can be learned. Volstandig is induced by an object the quincy carry and so was the lets stilt. There is no reason for ichigo to have the proper tool to actually use volstandig. Perhaps given ichigo's growth rate it is plausible he simply does not need volstandig and he can simply use the ability to absorb reishi to the maximum plausible on his own. Hollows seem to have their own way to absorb reishi so perhaps ichigo being part hollow and part quincy will enjoy some synergy.

    I think it is entirely plausible ichigo will be able to use normal cero at a point although IMO his actual power is to use cero like energy in a similar fashion to what ishin does with fire. Using GT without his zampakuto does not make sense, GT is a specific zampakuto ability. Its about as likely as ishin using GT without his sword.

  15. #74
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    If Ichigo can use Vollstandig, then cero is shot either though his clothes or wings behind his back, I've always admired how Stark shot out his cero like an easy walk in a nice park. It would be interesting if Ichigo can compress his Zans down to the size of a paper knife, the destructive power must be over the top.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  16. #75
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ichigo's new BANKAI ability hinted in color page

    I dunno why Ichigo would want to fire a Cero though...unless it's super effective against Quincies.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts