Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Straw Hat Fleet!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece The Straw Hat Fleet!!

I believe that a popular theory is that at the end of the manga, there will be a massive war, with the Straw Hats versus either Blackbeard, or the World Government, or maybe even both! But how can you have a war without an army? Hence, the formation of the Straw Hat Fleet. Now there are many who believe that certain individuals should join as members of the Straw Hats. But what if, instead, they brought their entire crew to the Straw Hats!

We already have some possible candidates with the current (and former) Shichibukai, such as the Kuja, the Sun Pirates, and possibly the Heart Pirates. In the Dressrosa arc, we have Don Chinjao offering the Happou Navy to Luffy, not to mention an avid Luffy fan boy in Bartolomeo.

Who else will join the future Pirate King?!

P.S.: Here's hoping for the former Whitebeard Allies!!

P.P.S.: When I say fleet, I mean allies who are capable of sailing out, mainly pirates. Similar to the WB Pirates allies.
    Last edited by Shadoguardian; September 25, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Straw Hat Fleet!!

I don't think there will be a fleet per say, at least not in the same way other pirates have had fleets. Kirge had his 50 ships, chinjao has his navy, WB had several whale shaped ships and so on.... The issue here is that a navy similar to the ones other pirates have had would imply a separation of the strawhats from the sunny so as to lead other strawhats. I don't think oda is aiming to have the strawhats be that numerous. The manga is definitely going for a massive war, which IMO will include all known parties so far, however the strawhats won't have a strawhat fleet per say. I think the actual strawhats at the war will be the crew as we know it however the strawhats will also be there with every ally they have collected so far. Jinbe, the happo navy, the heart pirates, perhaps bartolomeo's mafia, the remnants of the WB pirates, those are all powerful allies and that is at most the beginning. WB managed his fleet along with his allies during the previous war. The situation will be similar except that the strawhat crew will be significantly smaller than the WB crew but they will make up for it with an even greater number of allies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

-hippo navie
    -elbaf warriors
    - sumurai of wano
    -vivi's country
    -fishman Island
    -drum Island
    -fighting cooks
    -kuja pirates
    -sky island

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i think that Luffy will turn down every Captain that want's to sail under his flag. It doesn't fit his character to be that strong leader. He want's to have fun with his nakama instead of aiming for political influence.
    In the end i would image it more of a big meet and greet, where every Captain and befriended nations comes on their own to aid Luffy in the final battle. It has been stated that Luffy has the ultimate power of gaining friends everywhere he walks, so they'll never become his underlings.

Luffy will always have his small crew, but the number of his allys grows constantly.

I'd love to see the guys from Sky Island again, especially Gan Fall, but i doubt it'll happen. But the other options seem reasonable to me. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    -hippo navie
    -elbaf warriors
    - sumurai of wano
    -vivi's country
    -fishman Island
    -drum Island
    -fighting cooks
    -kuja pirates
    -sky island
    I don't think vivi's country will play a huge role here. We saw their strongest warrior, it was some weak zoan with no real strength to speak of even by grand line standards, let along new world standards. I don't think they would hold their ground against new world pirates or elite marines. The fighting cooks are even weaker than pell. The kuja pirates would be a great addition to luffy's army though. Haki and their arrows would make for an efficient and cheap army so to speak.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the fight for one piece will be the fight between the blackbeard pirates. the fight with the world will be the SH vs navy/wg. which will take place AFTER the fight for one piece as said by whitebeard.

This has already been posted about many different times with different titles but same subject.

the people who will aid luffy against the world? countless.

1. Elbaf
    2. Alabasta
    3. Water 7 franky family
    4. Lolas crew (shadow taken group from Gecko Moriah)
    5. Kuja Pirates
    6. Remaining whitebeard pirates
    7. Heart Pirates
    8. Chinjaos Grandchildrens army
    9. Bartolomeo pirates.
    10. Supernova 13 captains & crew
    11. Dragon & Revolutionary army
    12. + anyone met in new world along the way.

SH will pick up select members but there wont be a Straw hat fleet. The strawhats will remain on the sunny but luffys allies will be countless, even if the strawhats never gets bigger than 15.

heres the rule of one piece.

On an island if the strawhats do not have enough power for the situation they pick up the necessary allies there, and if anyone is strawhat material they are picked up into the crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm also under the impression that the minorities of the world, like the giants, the merfolks, fishfolks, longarms, longlegs, dwarves, minkmen and maybe the samurai, would join forces with the Straw Hats. However, a country's army can't just up and leave their country, since there is a possibility they might lose it to an invading force as well as leaving the average citizen vulnerable. Therefore, I don't think there is a 100% guarantee that the countries will send an army to help them fight a war.

Therefore I believe it is more probable that the Straw Hats will gain a fleet (whether by design or circumstances) to help them fight. The pirates, including the Barto Club, the Happou Navy, the Sun Pirates, the Kuja and the Heart Pirates are definite possibilities. As pirates, they are free to sail where, and with whoever they want. I can see the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates joining, and perhaps of the Roger pirates (though I doubt it). Also the Revolutionary army may join their side, though more for the opportunity to defeat the World Government, than to help the Straw Hats.

Unfortunately Alabasta, Water 7 and Fishman Island won't be able to help without putting their citizens at risk. The countries may send some support disguised as pirates (like Fishman Island sending some of the Royal Army disguised as Sun Pirates), but they can't actively support the Straw Hats if it comes down to war. I think there may be a chance of the reappearance of Dorry and Brogy to lead the Elbaf giants to assist the Straw Hats. Wano might send some guys, but only if they have a fleet of their own. The Skypieans are also probably unlikely, given their location.

All-in-all, if it comes down to a war, I believe there will be little support from the countries themselves, unless it is aid in the disguise of pirates. The Straw Hats will most likely end up with a pirate fleet, mainly of friends and allied pirates they made along the way. If countries were to fight, it'll only be the ones which were hard to reach in the first place.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think vivi's country will play a huge role here. We saw their strongest warrior, it was some weak zoan with no real strength to speak of even by grand line standards, let along new world standards. I don't think they would hold their ground against new world pirates or elite marines. The fighting cooks are even weaker than pell. The kuja pirates would be a great addition to luffy's army though. Haki and their arrows would make for an efficient and cheap army so to speak.
    The main thing Vivi was good at was politic and diplomacy. I think that what their role will be. We just learn that they were part of the 20 World Government members. I doubt Oda would have put it this way if they had no role in the future. In fact they may be one of the strongest allies of the Strawhats when they face World Government.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    -hippo navie
    -elbaf warriors
    - sumurai of wano
    -vivi's country
    -fishman Island
    -drum Island
    -fighting cooks
    -kuja pirates
    -sky island
    Its Harpoon Navie and not hippo navie :P
    i doubt sky island ppl/ the fighting cooks/ fishmen island will even leave their countries to go help the sh

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll see the Straw Hat turn into a fleet. They'll recruit or get few new crews, but it won't turn into a fleet or army. Luffy will have a lot of allies who will back him up with their own armies.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be a fleet per sé and defo not before he takes on the world as Pirate King (thus after finding One Piece)

But at the moment he does he will be joined but numerous allies of which he has already amassed a ton of by now. The more 'just' the reason of this foretold battle, the more people will join him in it with no matter whether they are weak or strong (and producing an epic battle eclipsing the War at Marineford by far). Oda loves foreshadowing and I think Mihawk's quote certainly confirms this:

"it's not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas..."

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Shanks doesn't help Luffy in some future battle, likely he will be dead.

New Reply