Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Theory about Monkey D. Dragon's power and Ancient Weapons

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tango's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Theory about Monkey D. Dragon's power and Ancient Weapons

Hello everyone

I haven't been to MH for a long time.
    Recently I've stumbled upon something that I think is worth a discussion.
    Below you will find a fascinating theory posted by an anonymous user.
    I thought it was very intriguing and I want to hear what OP fans have to say about it.

- Quote -

I'VE GOT IT!!! I have the answer!!!

I was thinking about this question for a very long time, and now... I've found out what Dragon's power is! And... oh, it is amazing! Alright everyone... get ready to have your minds BLOWN!!! Although, it has a giant story behind it, so I'm going to tell the story as well:

This is a story from long, long ago...

A long time ago, about more than 800 years ago, there were two princes. They were very best friends. They felt so strongly about their friendship, that they swore brotherhood to each other. They said that they would be brothers and all of their children would be brothers, and that even at and after death they would still be brothers. The oldest of the two's name was Gol, while his younger and slightly weaker brother was named Monkey. A very long time before that day, their ancestors had come to their great land and settled upon a large island and made a beautiful, great civilization out of hard rock (to see a picture of this ancient city, go to Chapter 290, page 6).

Several years after they swore brotherhood, when the two brothers had already become kings, Gol had a son named Uranus. Not many years after that, Monkey had a son named Pluton. The two, young princes were very unique and very different from their people. Uranus could control the weather by will and Pluton could do every single thing you could ever imagine. Uranus could make it snow on a summers day, rain on a sunny morning, or even have the sun shine warmly on the coldest of days. Although, Pluton's power was much grander than that. Pluton could be made out of anything -- fire, smoke, rubber; he could be anything -- a reindeer, a horse, a bird, a wolf; he could look like anything -- he could be any person he had seen before or he could be handsome person in the world; and he could do anything -- chop himself into a million pieces or change the hormones in other people's bodies. He was a genius, spreading an amazing source of knowledge throughout his kingdom. Every woman loved these two princes, and every man wanted to be them. The best part -- and, eventually, the worst -- about Pluton was that he couldn't say "no" to any request he was given. If someone wanted to be richer, he would give them so much money that they could swim in it; if someone wanted to go to school, he would put them in the best school he could find them; if someone wanted a wife or husband, he would find the prettiest woman or the most handsome man and have them marry that person.

Pluton had a friend from the great, underwater kingdom of Ryugu. She was the Mermaid Princess, a young, beautiful mermaid named Poseidon. Poseidon had the power to talk to and control the Sea Kings. The two, kind people thought of each other as nothing more than friends and Pluton loved to do everything and anything he could to make his friends happy. Poseidon then asked Pluton if he had ever seen the sun and been to the sky, after he responded, she started to talk about how wonderful she thought it would be to be up in the sky and to touch the clouds and to see the sun. To this, Pluton said with much enthusiasm, "Poseidon, my friend! Why go into the sky to stand in the clouds when you and I can go above it! Together, you and I, can make a beautiful ship that could fly through the sea and past the clouds so that we can float in Space and touch the stars and fly to our many moons!" Poseidon thought that what he said sounded just amazing and they promised each other that they would build a ship that could sail into the sky so that Pluton could take her there. But... sadly, Pluton had to return to his kingdom and he said that he would come back one day. So, the prince sailed back to the city.

And then one day, people from the other islands came to the land and they were greeted warmly (maybe) by the people of the ancient civilization. When they found out what the prince of the city could do, a man from the people of the other islands came up to him and said, "That's so amazing! Could you teach me how to do that?" But, Pluton told him, "I'm very sorry. This is something that cannot be taught. I was born with this power. I am the only one in this world with the capability to do such a thing." And then... the man responded by saying, "Then... could I have that power?" Alas, Pluton could not say "no" and he was a genius, so... he knew how to give him his power. So, he made a seed that could grow a tree bearing the fruit of his power (where he grew this tree I won't say because I'm not quite sure, but let me just say that where I think he grew this tree was not on land). Thus, the first Devil Fruit was made!

Thousands of people came from all across the world to see this man, the man who could do anything! Each time he would show off a power, on purpose or accidentally, someone would always ask him if they could have this power, which he always replied by saying "yes". Each time he would give someone his power, he would be giving them a small part of him, or his strength. This made his lifespan become shorter and shorter, until he had almost nothing left to keep him alive. And then, one day, a man came up to him and said, "Pluton, you are so strong! You could handle the strength of all of those powers that could certainly kill a normal man! I want your strength!" Pluton's strength was all he had left. Without it, he would surely die. Although, he had come to love these people and respect them as his friends, and Pluton's one rule was that he would do anything, literally anything for his friends. And so, Pluton gave this man all of his mighty strength (Gura Gura no Mi, a power strong enough to even break the air).

Not long after that day, 20 kings came to Pluton and said, "My friend, Pluton! We have heard many stories about the genius man with mighty powers strong enough to destroy our world. We have a favor to ask of you. If you would be so kind, we would be honored if you fufilled our wish. We would be truly greatful if you would create three major weapons that have certain powers: the first would be a mighty, indestructible warship; the second would be a cannon, with the power to have it's cannonballs dig into the earth below the ocean and create a giant, indestrucible shield to block the path of the enemy, changing the tides of the sea; and the third should be able to put the islands below the surface of the ocean." Pluton asked not a single question and went straight to work. When he finished, he named the ship after himself, Pluton, the cannon after his brother, Uranus, and the last weapon after his friend, Poseidon.

By this time, without a single power left, not even his mighty strength, he wrote a note to his friend, apoligizing to Poseidon about that he would not be able to fulfill his promise and that the people of Fishman Island were to go in his place. He did this, for he knew that soon he was going to die.

And so, Pluton sailed off to give the 20 kings his gift with almost all of the royal people: the ancient Birkans. They found them waiting for him in a section of the sea between an island they ruled over (which is now the island where the Marine Headquarters is) and an ancient city they called Raftel. Pluton went alone onto the boat of the 20 kings and showed them how to use the three weapons. But then, when he was telling them how to use Uranus, the 20 kings set off the weapon. In shock, Pluton watched as it went beneath the surface of the water. He screamed in fear and anger, and ran up to the person who set it off and grabbed him, screaming: "Are you insane?! I told you what it does, and then you use it?! This is a power that could destroy the world!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!???"

The king who started the weapon grabbed a gun and shot Pluton. When he fell to the deck of the ship, the king probably kicked and made fun of the prince for insulting him, just like a Celestial Dragon. But, without his powers, the prince was defenseless and weak. Not only that, he probably felt as if his heart had been ripped out of his chest. He had been betrayed. And by the people he trusted, the people he gave he mighty powers and strength to..! But then, the king was stopped by the shaking of the world as their world changed. Suddenly, thousands of underwater volcanos spit out a giant fountain of lava. It seemed to harden quickly as the sea pounded against it, trying to get by. As the sea fell back from being violently hit by this strange wall, a huge tsunami spread across both sides of the world. As the 20 king's ship tipped upward as it rode the wave, Pluton, who was lying half in and out of death, tumbled across the deck and fell off the side of the boat and into the sea. And thus, the great Pluton died.

(Why the Devil Fruits are called "Devil Fruits" (or "Fruit of the Devil") is because the 20 kings thought that Pluton was so strong and amazing, he had to have the power of or be the devil. Also, the insults that I said the 20 kings called Pluton probably included "Devil".)

His brother, Uranus, was deeply saddened as they tried to run away; although, their efforts were not good enough as they watched more than half of their people die. They ran away to Raftel, for they could go no farther, since there was a giant wall blocking their path. They were trapped. Uranus wanted two things more than anything in the world: his brother and revenge. Thinking that the only person strong enough to take revenge on a whole world was his brother, he had two sons, naming them after his father and Pluton's father, he called them Gol "D" and Monkey "D". He hoped that someday, in the future, one of his sons' sons would have a son who was almost a complete copy of his brother and he. This happened every 100 years, as it did with Poseidon.

The current ancient weapons (human verison) are Shirahoshi as Poseidon, Dragon as Uranus, and Luffy as... Pluton.

So what I'm trying to say is: Dragon does not HAVE the weapon Uranus, he IS the weapon Uranus. He is the descendant of the man whom was named after it!!! Make sense! Now let's talk about Luffy being Pluton, so I can prove I'm not crazy.

Luffy does not have the power of every single Devil Fruit power, but I think that Luffy might have the ability and strength to eat as many Devil Fruits as he wants without being killed like other humans. I can prove that Luffy is Pluton because... don't you think that Pluton would be just fine and feel normal if he eats a Devil Fruit? Luffy reacted as if being a rubber man was completely normal when he first ate it. He said that all it seemed to do was taste bad. But... to be a rubber man, don't you think that he would have to have insanely good balance? I don't think that it would be too easy to walk on rubber feet, do you (Chapter 1, page 21)? Also, on the bottom of Chapter 1, page 22 (the next page), Luffy looks completely happy, like a normal kid, you know? And on the next page, he even says that he's even happier, replying by stretching his cheeks to have an even bigger grin on! Also, he's terrified of being shot by a gun. Now... this is a little strange... Luffy has been a rubberman for 12 years. Wouldn't you get used to the thought of knowing that guns don't work on you? Besides, look at Ace! When that sniper dude in Blackbeard's crew shot him, Ace just smirked as if he was thinking, "Guns don't work on me, fool~!" Ace didn't have his Devil Fruit power for a very long time compared to Luffy, but Ace was already fine with the thought of knowing that guns didn't work on him anymore. Also, whenever he is in the water or in pain he reaches up as if he is trying to grab something or someone. I always thought that he was trying to grab for air, or even the sun, as if he wanted to see it for the last time before he died. But maybe he's reacting the way Pluton would, saying "Don't hate the race that did this to me! One person is to blame, not a whole race!" just as Otohime and Fisher Tiger once said, but Pluton never got a chance to tell his people that.

After Pluton died, Pluton's spirit was angry at the 20 kings. But the thing that always amazed me was that he never hated the whole race of humans, while when he died, his people and his brother did. So, to tell his people that "Our friends did not do this, we weren't betrayed by our dear friends, we just made the mistake of not seeing who our enemies were." he was reborn into the young boy Monkey D. and everyone who was going to change the world who bore the name Gol D. or Monkey D. You can see who is the "descendant" of Pluton by their ever-present grin spread across his lips and in their eyes you can only see determination (Monkey D. Garp, Gol D. Roger, and Monkey D. Luffy). They smile because they are only the "D's" who don't hate everyone. The descendants of Uranus look angry a lot and are more serious (Monkey D. Dragon and Gol (Portgas) D. Ace.

Now here is where it gets pretty tricky: every Monkey D. was a rebirth of Pluton except for one generation. And that generation was the generation of Gol D. Roger and Monkey D. Dragon. Gol D. Roger was the first (maybe) rebirth of Pluton but in a Gol D. Why I think that is because Roger made a bigger impact on the world than Dragon did and you can notice that both Garp and Luffy have happy smiles on their faces, but then it skips a generation, and that is Dragon, who does not have a smile. But, instead, there is Gol D. Roger who has the missing happy smile. Now why would a Gol D. smile if they are also the rebirth of Uranus, whose most haunting memory was seeing his beloved brother being shot, insulted and kicked, and finally the sea taking him away and crushing him to death? While Dragon frowns and has an angry face on as if he wishes to get revenge? Because in this generation, we are seeing an example of their reverse soul.

Remember what I had said in the beginning where the two friends made it so that even after death, their children would continue making each other their brother? That never stopped. You can see this by Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. Now what about the generation before that? Gol D. Roger and Monkey D. Dragon were brothers! Remember what Buggy had said when he was piecing together Luffy's family tree? He said that since Garp was his grandfather, then Dragon had to be his father, which had been proved. And then he said that if Ace's father was Roger, then Rayleigh would have to be his uncle! And then since Luffy's father is Dragon and Ace is his brother, then Luffy's uncle is also Rayleigh! So... either Buggy's crazy (which we know is true), or he has a point (which doesn't happen often, so we have to grasp this moment look into the heart of it) about the brotherhood. That means that Rayleigh was the "Sabo-person" in this trio. It also means that Uranus and Pluton had a human brother which linked the humans and their race to each other! Maybe...!

I have more to tell you. Lots more. But, I've gotten to the ending of Dragon's story, but I haven't gotten anywhere close to the end of the "D's" story.

Sorry for not signing what I put. : (

24.56.9.86 01:41, June 21, 2013 (UTC) "

- End Quote -

So here you go folks, I know that's a lot of text. But I think it's worth a read.
    I'd love to hear your opinion.
    Last edited by Tango; September 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theory about Monkey D. Dragon's power and Ancient Weapons

had to stop reading because it felt like this was going to be the spoiler of the whole one piece story.

once i read about ace and luffy being potential ancient weapons really early i had to stop.

Do you have a site to source this.

but as soon as i saw loguetown i knew he had weather fruit or w/e
    Last edited by Greasybuttsex; September 25, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting theory but I'm not really buying it. We already had a better one in my opinion, which was very elaborated, but more focussed on the end of the manga and the goals of every strawhat.

There are too many facts that don't really add up. Like the whole generation thing:
    It says Roger and Dragon changed their alignments, etc.
    But that's not right at all. Garp and Roger are the same generation. Dragon is unique in that manner, as there is no counterpart to him (Ace belongs to Luffy).

There are more, but i don't feel like going full detail yet. But this theory completely ignores BB who plays a huge role in the end. He's a D. and not quite so. He's more of a deceiver, like a fallen angel, for example. You can't make a theory about the D. without including him.

Also Dragon has a DF like everyone else and the origin of his power ist the same as everyone else's. It's likely that there is some kind of God. And it's also likely that there are 3 types (we have three ancient weapons f. e.).
    One thing that's particularly interesting is that the three stated gods are not on the same level. Poseidon and Pluton represent Poseidon and Hades. They are classic greek gods. But Uranus is far above them. The usual trinity would be Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, as they are the three most poweful later gods and the sons of Kronos, who is a titan.
    But Uranus is even above Kronos as he is the father of titans and and a scale with Gaia and Pontus (Heaven, Earth and Sea).

So we have even that mixed up and need a more detailed explaination.

It was stated that while Poseidon can sink whole islands and while Pluton can destroy them instead, Uranus is the weapon "which can be used to rule the world or destroy it." (quoted from http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Uranus)
    If i would have to take a guess i think, which is not a new thought at all, that Uranus is either the will of D., the King's disposition, or both combined, the gift to rule over the world, the power to change the way of the world. And thus the most powerful force on earth, as it's even superior as the the other two weapons, which are man-made and need to be controlled.
    And we know that every person that makes a huge name for himself (not every powerful person, as there are still the marine admirals), have either the will of D., the king's dispostion, or both. They are the men who shape the modern world. And they are the ones that could destroy it. Well, let's say Uranus is the creator of Haki, the poweful force, even stronger than Logias.

Regarding the DF i think it's also a part of the mythology. We have Pluton and Poseidon, both grandchildren to Uranus.

Hades is the god of the underworld, but as One Piece is a mix of multiple influences i would also compare him to Satan. He is the creator of the Devil Fruits. Satan stands for temptation, desire and the fall of humans. So basically they could have hungered for power, to set them on an equal level with the gods themselves. And just like in the legend of Prometheus, Pluton grants his gift to them humans, and let's them rule over the elements, nature and other things. A gift, compareable to the gift of Uranus, that shifts the balance of powers between humans.
    So Poseidon is angry and feels only hate for the humans that ate the fruits from Pluton, fears for Pluton to become apraised, while he will be forgotten and curses his appraisers, to never be able to come to his kingdom again. So they can't touch the seawater without loosing their powers.

Well, those are my recent thoughts for now, after reading this thread. I have more, but it's more a collection of different angles and ideas, as a complete theory in itself. But in the end i think the whole greek-god-ting is a better theory in itself as the Naruto-like version, quoted above. :P

It would also be possible that the people who praised to Pluton, to give them the DFs were the ancestors of BB, or the WG. Persons that wanted to rebel against the ruling Kings, which were blessed with the gift of Uranus.
    And the reason it's all mixed up now is that the history was forgotten long ago and got purged by the WG. And the people of D. who are the last people of the old kingdom rebel against them, every generation and so on.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

To David Rose:

Yeah I agree with you this story sounds a little Naruto-like with all the "brothers" and "descendants" thing. 

As far as your statement that "Garp and Roger are the same generation. Dragon is unique in that manner, as there is no counterpart to him". 
    I have to disagree slightly here, I always saw Garp being older than Roger. Since Ace is relatively close in age to Luffy, it's hard to justify that his father Roger is as old as Luffy's grandfather. Roger is of course older than Dragon, but I think he is much closer to Dragon age wise than to Garp. I also think the strain Roger put on his body as Pirate King aged him artificially a bit.

About BB I think he might be just another one of the descendants of the original brothers. OR the descendant of the guy who took/asked from Pluton his last ability/power his STRENGTH (that allowed Pluton to hold all those powers). Also as the guy who wrote this in the first place said it's just a theory about Dragon, and there is a lot more about D's. 

Of course like with any theory this one probably has it's share of plot holes. But for some reason I found it to be quite interesting and I think it deserves a discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

You began your theory with a fanfiction, I don't want to sound rude, but that alone doesn't make it a theory
    A theory is based on hints, while your story isn't based on a single hint at all

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

To Zehahaha:

No worries, I see your point man.
    This is not my work.
    I agree it's more of a story/fanfiction than actual logical deduction. I just thought it was an interesting story and wanted to hear other people's opinion about it. No harm done. I assume that's what this forum was made for

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Will of D?? who are D`s and what D. stand for? i would rather think that all D`s are descendants of the same person... Lets say that long time ago there indeed was some really powerful person. Let`s call him Devil. it doesn't necessarily need to be evil, he just could be misunderstood for a devil because of his power or wahtever reason could be... We just need to take human nature in considiration becouse when people dont understand something they tend to rationalize things that are within their understanding and thus name Devil.

And when that person died or whatever reason gave up his power he split it in to fruits and thats how devil fruits came to be... D`s are his direct relatives and D can stand for Devil and only his blood relatives can inherit all his power and that's why Blackbeard can have more than one fruit. Luffy can too but he dont know that.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think Garp and Roger are the same generation. Garp may have been a few years older, but not a generation older. The problem with Luffy and Ace being roughly the same age is that the small differences add up, and a generation's skipped in Ace's case. Ace is 3 years older than Luffy; he was born extremely late; Dragon was probably born when Garp was relatively young and Luffy too, born when Dragon was relatively young.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I also think Garp and Roger are the same generation. Garp may have been a few years older, but not a generation older. The problem with Luffy and Ace being roughly the same age is that the small differences add up, and a generation's skipped in Ace's case. Ace is 3 years older than Luffy; he was born extremely late; Dragon was probably born when Garp was relatively young and Luffy too, born when Dragon was relatively young.
    says that monkey was the younger. i could belive roger and dragon were friends/close to eachother, we know he was at his execution but that obviously doesnt tell the story, i'd be more surprised if dragon never met roger than the other way around.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp was rogers father. How can they be of the same generation?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Garp was rogers father. How can they be of the same generation?
    no grap is dragon's father

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is not even wrong, someone mixed up between Naruto + HxH + OP really bad, now all we need that Luffy is the nth reincarnation of kidd buu from DBZ hence he is the most strongest in OP.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest with you man, your theory sounds so interesting, that it could be made into a potential manga of it's own. If I were you, I'd considered making this theory into your own series and putting it out.

Once again though, nice theory and sounds consistent with the One Piece manga.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am assuming dragon has some type of DF power, and a severely badass one at that with the ability to control the weather

god i cannot wait to see that guy fight

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theory but it seems like whoever made this theory had his imagination run wild.
    It also incorporated snip pit of other OP theories and mixed with concept not relevant in OP.

If this theory was thought up during the early chapters of one piece then it potentially could be true but right now too much is revealed where this theory now becomes fan fiction

New Reply