Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: The "inspiring" speeches from Naruto and Hashirama

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hashirama is the best

1 3.33%
  • Naruto gave a better speech last time.

12 40.00%
  • I really don't like either.

12 40.00%
  • Both are awesome!

5 16.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naruto: Shinobi's dream review.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto: Shinobi's dream review.

Greetings everyone and welcome to this week's review of Naruto 648, after chaper 647 dealt with encouraging the Alliance I expected a very action-packed chapter this week but we mostly got another story-heavy chapter. Not complaining since those are the easiest ones to talk about.
    Our chapter starts by having the two main protagonists gather their attacks, Naruto takes some chakra from dark Kurama inside his father while Sasuke uses Juugo as a sort of battery to charge his Susanoo with Senjutsu, something I've mentioned he will do a bunch of times.

For some reason people start praising Sasuke for using this Susanoo Sage energy combination, I am not exactly sure why since its Juugo whose doing half the work, also Orochimaru mentions how Sasuke can use Sage energy from Juugo because he is compatible with his cursed seal which makes me wonder if my theory about Juugo powering the entire Alliance even possible.

Seeing people compare Sasuke and Naruto to the first Hokage and Madara reminded me a lot of a picture we saw way earlier in chapter 462.

Whether or not this new generation will surpass the old one is a tough question but it will be interesting to see how Naruto and Sasuke will act towards each other in the future, especially with people always comparing them to the most famous rivals in history.

We see Hashirama share some memories with the fodder ninja, god knows why he would do that since having them be "inspired" or not so far has done less than nothing in this fight and the memory he picks? lets show the first 5 Kages in history arguing.

It's clear from the start of his rule that Hashirama is clueless and that his brother was the more politically minded, while it's nice to have a good and sweet leader Hashirama's naivety makes him unreliable in my eyes and I'd rather a leader like Tobirama who is serious all the time and doesn't cry tears of joy and bang his head on the table every 2 minutes.

The Sand make an interesting request, they don't want a tailed beast but instead demand for some wealthy land and payment from the other countries, one can expect that the Sand are fairly poor due to living in the...well...sand and therefore lack any resources, gold is more useful for them than power.

Of course when the Sand propose that the 4 countries join together and take out Konoha, what does Hashirama do?

So after a plea from Hashirama that all ninja will have their hearts come together as one we end this really strange flashback and chapter having the 5 Kages arrive on the scene and get ready for what will probably be a rematch with Madara starting next chapter.

Predictions.
    Hmm lets see where will this chapter go?

Firstly I expect a rematch between the 5 kages and Madara, that would be epic and really cool if it happened since it's been a while since we got any sort of rematch between anyone, not sure how likely it will be with Hashirama there since he might just want to handle Madara himself if he can.

Sasuke not reaching his full potential yet is a bit worrisome, where exactly can he go from here? he has the full Susanoo doesn't he? and EMS so I am really curious where his next power up can come from.

Ratings.

Aaah how to rate this chapter I wonder, in truth this chapter is hardly any different than the last one since it mostly dealt with inspiring the Alliance, comparing Naruto and Sasuke to Hashirama and Madara and Obito said some nonsense. The only real progress this chapter are Juugo powering up Sasuke and the 5 Kages arriving which should hopefully speed up this arc a little bit, for now I give chapter 648 a rating of 2 out of 5 and say I was not impressed much this week.

Quotes.
    Since I read a lot about Naruto during the week from various forums and comments on my reviews I thought I'd start posting the ones that make me laugh or are just generally interesting here.

"Naruto is thinking if he became friends with Sasuke earlier, things might've turned out differently between them. And how these flashbacks manage to motivate the alliance I have no idea...If I were one of the fodder shinobi, would I care about Naruto and Sasuke didn't talk to each other in the playground? in the middle of a war?" -Anonymous comment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto: Shinobi's dream review.

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Spoiler show
    Nice review.
    At first i thought to disagree with your prediction part a little, while Hashirama keeping Madara busy there is no sense of having a rematch of kages vs Madara, then i realise it will allow Hashirama to focus on Obito or Juubi, but soon it occured to me that it will ruin the part of sasuke and Naruto if Hashirama helped them in stoping Obito.

Totally agree with that rating art though.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    Nice review.
    At first i thought to disagree with your prediction part a little, while Hashirama keeping Madara busy there is no sense of having a rematch of kages vs Madara, then i realise it will allow Hashirama to focus on Obito or Juubi, but soon it occured to me that it will ruin the part of sasuke and Naruto if Hashirama helped them in stoping Obito.

Totally agree with that rating art though.
    Thanks, surprised you quoted the whole review though bro :P.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Sasuke's power-up: I think it's pretty clear, since it was first introduced that EMS can evolve into Rinnegan, that Sasuke will eventually obtain Rinnegan powers. As unfitting as it may seem (even to me).

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l!nk View Post
    Considering Sasuke's power-up: I think it's pretty clear, since it was first introduced that EMS can evolve into Rinnegan, that Sasuke will eventually obtain Rinnegan powers. As unfitting as it may seem (even to me).
    I think it was Kabuto who said that the natural progression of the Sharingan is after EMS and with some senju dna ( cause that stuff can do everything) you can get the rinnengan, but only Madara has gotten his that way and I wonder where Sasuke will get his Senju DNA from.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

He bit Karin (Uzumarki related to Senju) a few times and accidently swalled small parts of her skin/blood (really, really tiny). He digested it and now tiny, tiny amounts of his body are made of Senju cells? xD Maybe thats a bit of a stretch isn't it? ^^
    I wouldn't even be surprised if Orochimaru somehow managed to sneak Senju DNA in Sasukes body, maybe with his Curse Seal or during their training or whatever. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but we had worse asspulls.

Orochimaru thinks that Sasuke will reach a level beyond Madara. That alone speaks for itself. But since when, in a shonen, do we KNOW of a possible power-up, that hasn't eventually been aquired? It would just seem logical to me. It would also be very predictable.

However, I currently don't even see the point which upgrades a Rinnegan would provide, that would help Sasuke in a ways. I hope that he doesn't get the Rinnegan, but I think that he will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    However, I currently don't even see the point which upgrades a Rinnegan would provide, that would help Sasuke in a ways. I hope that he doesn't get the Rinnegan, but I think that he will.
    Madara has Rinnegan and how is he fighining now !? just like 80 years ago ...

so If Sasuke gain Rinnegan , he won't use it in full power and will fight like he had MS ....

Rinnegan is neccassry power up , not for Sasuke but for Naruto .... Naruto needs to beat Rinnegan user after all , right !?

but the problem is that most of readers won't get fooled again because Rinnegan Sasuke will forget using his power just like both current Rinnegan users in this damned war arc ( MAdara and Obito ) ....
    Last edited by shafagh; September 27, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
    خداحافظ

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    For some reason people start praising Sasuke for using this Susanoo Sage energy combination, I am not exactly sure why since its Juugo whose doing half the work
    Because Sasuke was the one who comes up with the tactic? Do I praise the ship of Columbus for discovering the American continent?
    Last edited by Ryr; September 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Because Sasuke was the one who comes up with the tactic? Do I praise the ship of Columbus for discovering the American continent?
    when Naruto and Sasuke combine their jutsu should one be praised more than the other? its equal work and I don't like them gushing over Sasuke when he's only half the technique.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hippo's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was actually interesting to me, because I always wondered how Konoha was made, and how it all happened long time ago, in Hashi&Madara's time. Anyway, Sasuke's tiny powerup won't help that much in the future. Juugo is doing the whole thing, and if there will be any Naruto vs Sasuke, it must be 1 vs 1. How often do you see a giant chakra absorbing tree around the Shinobi World? Sasuke whenever using Susano'o, can't just suddently summon Juugo to give him a small powerup, it would be like so lame. Finally the Gokage arrived, but they actually can't do that much, but Tsunade healing some Shinobi, that I think would still be useless. None of them can use Sage Mode, but maybe Kishi will make a suprise for us, for making the Gokage useful.

There's something about Sasuke, doe... "He does not look pleased", as Orochimaru said. All the "Putting an end to 'the' system", Team 7 picture ripped of, and his jealousy of Naruto, makes me curious of what he's thinking. Will he follow Itachi's will, or try to kill Naruto, or maybe... I don't know. That's what's so interesting! But actually now that I think about it... I don't think Sasuke will try to kill Naruto; or maybe he will? Let's see what Kishi will do next chapter.
    I would like to know how will Oro, Karin, and Suigetsu help in the war. I think maybe Oro could bring back Minato's arm? That's possible, because he's the only alive Shinobi who can use Edo Tensei. (Well, Tobirama is dead doe...)

My prediction would be that Oro will take some action finally, some chatting with Gokages, Naruto, Sasuke, Obito, Shinju, maybe some panels with Shikamaru, Hinata may be actually possible, and more preaching from Madara. Since Shikamaru wasn't shown in the latest chapter, he should be shown if dead or alive, if someone will save him or something.

Predictions for future~
    Also something lately caught my attention in some older chapters;
    Like remember the older chapter, with Dark Kurama and Minato? Yep. So he said, if translation accurate: "He is not a baby anymore... Tomorrow he's...". Dark Kurama told Minato. It wouldn't be his Naruto's birthday, because how can you form that into a sentence making some sense?(well, could be just filling up "17", but that doesn't make much sense for me... haha...) I think something maybe will happen this day. Kurama inside Naruto "wanted to tell" him something, but I don't think it's the plan itself, but we don't know.

Alright, I'll stop my preaching. Most of my reply is a prediction... hahah...
    Thank you for reading.
    narutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonarutonaruto~

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to be say sorry bro, write whatever you want.

Also Kishi once said that the Fox is the only one who knows the entire truth about the Uchiha but it hasn't shared it yet so you may very well be right about that.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by l!nk View Post
    He bit Karin (Uzumarki related to Senju) a few times and accidently swalled small parts of her skin/blood (really, really tiny). He digested it and now tiny, tiny amounts of his body are made of Senju cells? xD Maybe thats a bit of a stretch isn't it? ^^
    I wouldn't even be surprised if Orochimaru somehow managed to sneak Senju DNA in Sasukes body, maybe with his Curse Seal or during their training or whatever. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but we had worse asspulls.

Orochimaru thinks that Sasuke will reach a level beyond Madara. That alone speaks for itself. But since when, in a shonen, do we KNOW of a possible power-up, that hasn't eventually been aquired? It would just seem logical to me. It would also be very predictable.

People who do have the rinnegan right now are not even using it, so not sure whats the point of Sasuke getting it, especially with your rather far fetched theory of biting Karin :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

when Naruto and Sasuke combine their jutsu should one be praised more than the other? its equal work and I don't like them gushing over Sasuke when he's only half the technique.
    Bingo.

Is it really sasuke who came up with those plan? Or t'was the same as his combo jutsu with naruto that they both just combined their jutsu out from their arse?

They should praise jugo. After all, jugo knows that his flesh/curse seal is compatible to sasuke. And the fact that sasuke doesn't know anything with sage mode/senjutsu then i think it's safe to assume t'was jugo's plan to combine his curse seal/senjutsu and not sasuke.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Bingo.

Is it really sasuke who came up with those plan? Or t'was the same as his combo jutsu with naruto that they both just combined their jutsu out from their arse?

They should praise jugo. After all, jugo knows that his flesh/curse seal is compatible to sasuke. And the fact that sasuke doesn't know anything with sage mode/senjutsu then i think it's safe to assume t'was jugo's plan to combine his curse seal/senjutsu and not sasuke.
    I thought so too, I mean why else would Juugo go with Sasuke instead of the others? sure he wants to protect him but he also knows he is useful unlike the other 2.

Even if it was Sasuke's idea he still couldnt pull it off without Juugo, I just think they should both get praised and not everyone go " Sasuke, so kawaiii!"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

They were surprised because Sasuke didn't have the cursed seal anymore but managed to pull this of. It only later, thanks to Oro, was clear that it is Juugos chakra that Sasuke is able to channel.
    But since it was known fact that Sasuke has powers over the cursed seal I would rather give more credit to Sasuke for coming up with the idea.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought so too, I mean why else would Juugo go with Sasuke instead of the others? sure he wants to protect him but he also knows he is useful unlike the other 2.
    So Juugo joins up with Sasuke because Juugo foresees that Obito's weakness is Senjutsu? The asspulling is strong in this one.

Quote Quote:
    Even if it was Sasuke's idea he still couldnt pull it off without Juugo, I just think they should both get praised and not everyone go " Sasuke, so kawaiii!"
    Sasuke came up with the plan of using Juugo's ability to power his Susanoo AFTER witnessing the fact that Obito can be hurt by Naruto's senjutsu.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast