Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Average

2 11.11%
  • Good

4 22.22%
  • Awesome

12 66.67%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 252 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 252 Spoiler Thread

It seems that we are bound to have not only a great chapter this week, but also the next one. So Acacia, his Disciples and Frohze were attacked by Nitro. That's interesting to see what's going to happen next. I doubt that anyone of them can die in such a situation, especially since we know how damn strong Ichiryu and Jirou are. And it seems that both Acacia and Frohze were stronger than either of them. And well Acacia should be considerably stronger.

When all the fights between IGO and Bishokukai were set I didn't expect such a profound flashback, but now I'm really impressed, because it seems that we will get to know tons of things about Acacia, Frohze, Midora, Ichiryu, Jirou and the mystery of Nitro.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end, Acacia looks noticably older, though I'm not sure exactly how much time passed. Frohze, however, looks exactly the same...despite all of them having clearly grown. And I also really want to know what he was saying in the end near the page with the beast holding what looks like a Shoku Bansan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    In the end, Acacia looks noticably older, though I'm not sure exactly how much time passed. Frohze, however, looks exactly the same...despite all of them having clearly grown. And I also really want to know what he was saying in the end near the page with the beast holding what looks like a Shoku Bansan.

10 years have passed. I'll look through the Chinese scan and see what I can get from the last page real quick

Edit:

Page 16:
    Ichi: Acacia-sensei, who's already eaten all the world's ingredients... even now you still want to collect ingredients....
    Acacia: It's my... "Full Course"!!
    Ichi, Jirou, Midora: Acacia-sensei's.... "Full Course"???
    Ichi: Even us three brothers....
    Jirou: I also had no idea....
    Midora: Acacia's.... full course...
    Frohze: Acacia...
    Acacia: You should all prepare well. Think now, it won't be long before the "solar eclipse"... I fear within almost one month's time there won't be enough sunlight. As the time for war approaches a short cease-fire should be possible, but compared to now the ingredients will become increasingly scarce...

Page 17:
    Acacia: ...therefore you must start and take advantage right now and collect as many ingredients as you can, otherwise all the living people in the world could die of starvation.
    Frohze: That day has finally arrived...
    Acacia: You've already accomplished "shi-mo" (food something), Frohze...
    Midora: "Solar... Solar eclipse..." Then, Acacia-sensei, looking at "the story of myth" that you told us when we were little, the "Four Beast" actually emerges in Human World. "Solar Eclipse" is the same...
    There really could be a demon... emerging in the universe that could in one mouthful devour the sun? (this is the last panel on page 17, I have no idea what Midora's talking about tbh. Might be Ou shoku bansan that he's talking about, but he doesn't call it that. Everyone keeps talking about the sun and sunlight.)

Page 18:
    Acacia: Midora... that's just a legend...
    Midora: Rea- really?
    Ichi + Jirou (responding to the noise outside): How??
    Ichi: This killing intent is....
    Frohze: Pair has already arrived....
    Acacia: You all, don't be rash... I'm sure....

Page 19:
    Acacia: Outside those are.... "Blue Nitro" (phonetically the characters say lan-se-ni-te-lou)... none of you could defeat them..!!! Unexpectedly, they've turned out in full force!

Bottom text: "The pursuers of 'God'... unexpectedly are 'Blue Nitro'....!!?"
    Last edited by mr.danly; October 02, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Except Frohze and Acacia....I think the Orphan Trio were still noobs at the time......strong, but were not at their level in the present.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued by what Acacia said about Pair, according to mr danly, Acacia said " Pair has already arrived... "
    Now that's one helluva mysterious ingredient

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Nitro that Toriko encountered in the sky was likely a blue version...which perhaps does not simply imply power but also vast intelligence. And I suppose these blue versions are superior to even the four beast...though I guess that's obvious. All of this is taking place before God though...so nobody should die here though this event may end up somehow having something to do with Midora's upcoming change. It gets more sad every chapter, they seem like such good friends and such a great family so maybe the even more likely outcome is tension that arrives after both Acacia and Frohze are gone and the decision on how to pass on Acacia's legacy becomes the new problem. We've yet to see Midora and Ichiryuu interact at all lol, so I still don't get how this will play out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Buulord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Nitro huh? Going by the silhouettes on the last page these nitro are looking to be pretty different from the Red Nitro at the cooking fest. Wonder if theres anything else that seperates them besides color...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cedre's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don´t think they are literally blue and red. One of the Red Nitro that were on the cooking festival was green.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/158852/...wa-mata-noboru

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's definitely a category. If it wasn't for the fact that their name Nitro implies neverending ferocity, I would have thought that maybe the red implied more of a berserker type of beast, while the blue implied a type that is a bit more calm and calculating. Still might be true though, even if the blue ones are just as relentless.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Would imagine the three disciples now are roughly at 4HK's age and strength.

Toriko's flash back unlike the many of the other manga's actually have solid impact on the storyline and it's entertaining to read.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Ichiryuu defeat the four beast, alone, at a time when it wasn't starved from having been stopped previously? I'd say they are somewhat above the kings at that time, or at least Ichiryuu and Jirou were.

And when Midora mentioned the demon king who will bite the sun...I suppose that is what will cause the eclipse. Could God actually be either a being or disaster that acts a great equalizer to humble all life on earth? Why else would ingredients become scarce, especially considering the famine already upon them. This is getting too awesome to be a flashback...
    Last edited by obamamania; October 02, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Red nitro are these.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/181770/...mata-noboru/17
    The ones that attacked Joa. The green ones are the ones revived by Joa.
    2) the disciples who easily owned the 4 beasts are probably above and beyond the powersl of the HK who needed to work together as 4 with a special powerful move on the 4 beasts.
    3) THIS FLASHBACK!! None of them can beat a Blue Nitro and they are already the top of human power, wtfuqqqq

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The Blue Nitro strengthens my theory that the Nitros are ranked based on the colors of the rainbow.
    Red being the lowest. Followed by orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet as the highest.
    If Zebra defeated green Nitros, it means he's already at the level of Ichi (maybe a bit lower or higher) when the four beast first arrived.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joa specifically called those Nitro "RED" nitro...and the one was green before and likely after being revived. I don't get where you guys are getting the other colors from, when at this point only two colors have been revealed based on class and not physical appearance. If blue Nitro were nearly Acacia tier, do you really expect an even stronger class? It was even stated that blue Nitro are the key to God...

EDIT: Just realized Joa called the ones from outside the stadium Red Nitro, not the ones from Zebra, but what reason do we have to think of them as something different? There was no hint of those 2 being weaker, and no proof of the skin color of any of the other Nitro except for the one that beat down Yuda.
    Last edited by obamamania; October 02, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast