Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's Magi?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

9 56.25%
  • Excellent

6 37.50%
  • Top 10 in Magi

1 6.25%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Magi 199 Discussion/200 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 199 Discussion/200 Predictions

Mentioning Garda... I'd really like to know what Alibaba did with it after buying it.
    The end of the chapter was a little shocking or sad, poor Mor. But Ohtaka wouldn't have set up so many romantic hints between them to not have something happen at all. People overreacted a lot, I heard people were wishing characters and the author even, to die
    I don't think this is meant to be that big of a deal at all, it's probably gonna end with Alibaba being butt monkey again lol.
    I think Toto is really cute though and I like how tall she is compared to Alibaba.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I'm ambivalent about the development is I've seen one too many love triangle catfights (not that I'm talking about any manga in particular) and I hope it doesn't go down that route. Other than that, I don't mind if Alibaba and Toto are dating. They look cute together, especially since Toto is waay taller than him.

Morgiana is my favorite character but I really don't mind who she ends up with (or none at all). If this arc is about her dealing with heartbreak so be it, I'll be sad for her and then be rooting for her afterwards. Who knows who she may end up with? Plus, I'm looking forward to Masrur's reaction, because he seems quite protective of her (in a brotherly way).

The rest of the chapter was nice, though like other have said, the summit sounds like it could go terribly wrong. Isn't Gyokuen technically still part of the Kou Empire? How are they going to have a summit between two countries without her? Plus, since she's a magi, I wonder if she can detect Sinbad's spell on Kougyoku...that might have disastrous consequences too.

Anyway, it was a nice chapter and I'm glad to see the eight generals again. Though Sharrkan seems to be more obnoxious than before.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it will become a love triangle, but it could have negative effects on her link to Alibaba's metal vessel in some way. I'm not sure what happens to a household vessel user if their bonds to the user weaken in some way. However ignoring all of this, I love the dynamic between Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana currently, and a romantic relationship would suck right now. I don't want this to become a love story , I like them as friends. And when we're dealing with an obviously clueless guy like Alibaba, and an emotionally distant girl like Mor, a relationship will not just organically develop. It will take some drama or a catalyst of some kind, that's how these stories always turn out.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Misting's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't know if it will become a love triangle, but it could have negative effects on her link to Alibaba's metal vessel in some way.
    Good point, now I wonder about that too! Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Quote:
    Guys...why do some of your posts imply that people can't break up with their girlfriends or boyfriends and move on to a new one. Honestly, I'd prefer to see them in unexpected relationships now, because if they end up in your ideal pairings now then there is an even greater chance that the plot will cause it to not work out due to drama or tragedy. All that matters is who's with who in the end.
    This.
    And that reminds me... I really hope a romance happening this early on doesn't mean a death flag for Toto or anything. That would be a rather disappointing solution. Oh well, I'm probably just overthinking this.

In the end, it doesn't matter who ends up with who; I just want the romance to be handled well so that it doesn't distract from the main story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's surprising to see Ali with a GF but I don't understand why you are saying Ali X Mor was a hinted couple. She loves him and traveled with him, yes but she did nothing excepted that, the ship wasn't even teased. Hakururyuu kissed her, she rejected him and saw Ali was Mor interested by whores, she was just a friend. Seeing Ali with another girl is normal since he has never been interested in Mor to begin with. He was alone and Toto made her move.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite funny that Alibaba's love story gets more response here than every epic war chapter Ohtaka sure knows how she can agitate the fans of Magi~

I daresay that's one of the best twists we had in a while I sure am curious to see how this will turn out.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's nice to have twists in a manga, but I don't feel that this one was needed. Not only that but the way it is portrayed isn't very convincing. It would have made more sense if Ohtaka showed how they ended up having feelings for each other. Maybe this could have lasted for a couple of chapters, and then it would have been accepted more easily. Instead we have Alibaba come out of the blue and say he has a girlfriend(if it's Toto or not it doesn't really matter). Ohtaka needs to show more of their relationship if she wants us to be convinced, because so far everyone has been rooting for Alibaba and Mor.You can't "break" a potential couple just like that.
    But then Ali and Mor could still end up with each other at the end of the manga.I suspect Ohtaka of planning something like that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished reading the whole series thus far earlier this week. Have to say that there are some interesting developments this chapter.

First is the summit where it looks like we'll finally get most of the backstory of the world with Alma Torran. Of course, something feels likely to go wrong, though it would depend on whether Gyokuen is present or not as well as whether En and the others are fully aware of what she's doing. I've been unsure on that front to be honest, though I wonder if Aladdin might be able to pick her out. Hakuryuu also explained a bit about her to Ali as well I think.

Also surprised that En actually agreed to wait two months to get his information.

Olba and co. certainly got big. I find myself hoping that they may become members of his household. Toto would be a nice addition as well if she isn't already. Garda would be great as well, though I'm not sure if that is possible or not. Additionally, I wonder if the increased magoi he has access to now may be that he could take in another Djinn. Though the only item he owns that I could see becoming a metal vessel would be his earring.

Sort of felt like Aladdin and Mor got pushed a bit to the side. Sinbad's comment also sort of highlighted that compared to Aladdin and Alibaba, she hasn't really changed all that much in the time she was gone. Sort of wish that we'd gotten updates on what she and Alibaba were doing beyond what they did show us like Ali's fight with Mu.

Regarding the romantic developments, I can't say I'm really that surprised. Toto was showing a bit of interest the last time we saw her before and their interactions and words seemed to indicate something was going on before the end. I don't quite get those saying that it might be misdirection. I guess I could see it being some sort of massive troll for a joke next time, but it being the opposite feels more likely to me. I suppose it depends one what Ohtaka has in mind.

I mean, there's really only been displays of interest on Mor's side of things and even then I'm not sure if she's aware of how she feels. It could be this could all lead her to give up on him or something. That whole thing with Hakuryuu proposing again is something I imagine is going to come up again, though I hope this isn't leading to something like her joining him or falling into depravity.

We'll see I guess.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4