Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyoukai no Kanata

Kyouaki no Kanata
    Genre: Supernatural
    Production: KyoAni
    Director: Ishidate Taichi
    Series Composition: Hanada Juuki
    Original Character Design: Kamoi Chise
    Starring: Taneda Risa, Kenn, Chihara Minori, Suzuki Tatsuhisa
    Starts: October 2, 2013

Akihito Kanbara is a high school sophomore in the literature club who believes himself to be a "Meganest", and although he appears to be human, he is actually half Youmu, which makes him invulnerable to wounds, due to the fact that he can heal so quickly, and also immortal. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it appears as if she is about to attempt suicide by jumping off of the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is considered heresy even among other members of the underworld, so she is shunned. Soon after Akihito saves Mirai, disturbing events begin to arise.

From the writer of Steins;Gate and Chuunibyou
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

Subbed version by Horrible Subs is out right now. I'm going to give comment later.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Raws are posted, I'm going to hold out for a better group. UTW confirmed that they will be subbing (despite CR simulcast). FF have also said that they plan on subbing. With two of my favorite groups (joint?) working on it, I'd rather not watch Horrible Subs.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1:

For me this was an awesome first episode. I really liked this Harry Potter like music at the beginning.
    Not much to say about the characters yet. Mirai is cute and clumsy but her power is very interesting.
    Akihito is immortal and 50% monster...
    The black haired girl is cute too and looks pretty interesting.

The setting looks interesting enough so I will watch the next episode. Animation was good too.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The series does not look as light-hearted as I prefer shows to be, so, I'm not really amazed overall, but I liked the occasional humor part. Protagonist guy's jabs were good, and the other characters weren't half bad, either.
    Looks unlikely that this will go downhill, then. It will probably safely stay in the list till the end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely interested and none of the characters piss me off (which is always a good sign) but aesthetics aside, I just consider it an OK first episode. I have to wonder though, how can Mirai apparently do flips and wield a sword properly if she keeps tripping over things? she reminds me a tad too much like Rikka....
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Kyoukai no Kanata

Contrary to the previous two opinions, I found the first episode is terrific. Normally most pilot episodes only give you vague explanation on what's going to happen in the future, but KnK's first episode didn't feel like that. It's captivating and I'm sure there are many interesting things that I could expect from this series. The animation is splendid as well, I know I could count on KyoAni.

I like the three main casts so far, each one of them gives unique vibe to the series, and how they characters will develop is something I definitely looking forward to.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I also thought it was fantastic, striking a good balance between moe and action. Kuriyama was awesome, she's so adorable. I loved when she dramatically sliced the cabinet open, only to emerge with a bucket stuck to her head. I also liked that episode one gave a good explanation of their world, without giving too much away. The details are still a mystery, there are plenty of things I want to find out. The animation is superb even by KyoAni standards. Kuriyama materializing her blood sword was simply jaw dropping. Kyokana is off to an outstanding start.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I have to wonder though, how can Mirai apparently do flips and wield a sword properly if she keeps tripping over things? she reminds me a tad too much like Rikka....
    Think of it like driving a car. Someone could be an expert driver, easily able to handle high speeds and sharp turns, but still be a total klutz out of the car. The concentration level, and coordination, needed for high speed driving is not really necessary when your not in the car. Even if someone is that coordinated, and can concentrate that well, in the car, it doesn't mean they will when they step out. The same can be applied to Kuriyama. The balance, athleticism, coordination, and concentration needed to fight is not otherwise necessary in a high school situation. Take away the adrenaline of fighting, and she could be easily distracted. She seems to be nervous, and more clumsy, when Akihito is around.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime started in a very strange way (not as strange as Kyousougiga XD), but I think that it's a really captivating one also because the protagonists are pretty interesting with their powers and past.
    Still I didn't know that the author of this was also that of Chuunibyou (that I watched) and Stein's;gate (which I must still watch).
    Last edited by Zasz; October 04, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This

Spoiler show

reminded me of that

Can't add much besides the things already said, but the anime definitely clicked extremely well with me. I already like Kuriyama and Akihito, their chemistry is just too good.
    "I'll make sure to look for you later and follow you! I'm so looking forward to it- Not! Why did you come here?" Dat Akihito face

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a really cute premier. Mirai is adorable and it's really interesting to hear KENN voice a male protagonist in high school. And he's doing a swell job, IMO, though I had to get Phinx out of my head. >.>; I like the dynamic between Mirai and Akihito--does he have a glasses girl fetish?

As expected, the animation itself is beautiful and I love the colors and backgrounds. Damn, I was blown away. This will be a weekly watch for me.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihito was a gift from god personally delivered from the heavens and was really amazing and funny in this anime and the first episode. Looking forward to more from him and his bright smile and etc. Powerwise I hope he takes part in the action so that were not spending tons of times with shaky hands clumsy Mirai and her fauxmoe exploits of dullness. Anyway its a good start, anticipating next weeks.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway didn't Kenn's voice seemed off in some parts?
    I mean, it seems like he must still understand what kind of character he's impersonating....
    When he dubbed Jinbe from Mushibugyo, he was perfect.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Anyway didn't Kenn's voice seemed off in some parts?
    I mean, it seems like he must still understand what kind of character he's impersonating....
    When he dubbed Jinbe from Mushibugyo, he was perfect.
    I had that impression too. Decent first episode, interactions are great and animation is good as always.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I had that impression too. Decent first episode, interactions are great and animation is good as always.
    So it wasn't just me me.
    Anyway this is a good anime nonetheless.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast