Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Kyoukai no Kanata

His voice seemed odd at first, but it got significantly better as the episode went on. It grew on me pretty quickly. He has this... unique grittiness to his tone that I like.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    His voice seemed odd at first, but it got significantly better as the episode went on. It grew on me pretty quickly. He has this... unique grittiness to his tone that I like.
    Don't misunderstand me, I really like his voice because it's quite unique.
    I have no doubt that it will get better during the season.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2: My impressions are practically the same as the first: I like the action, am still interested in the universe and no characters piss me off and are even mildly amusing, but aesthetics aside I consider it Ok for the most part. I'll certainly keep watching, though I really hope we never get anymore scenes involving Akito's mother. That was a pain to sit through.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihito's mother sure is a crazy one. LOL
    Anyway I really liked this episode especially thanks to the numerous funny moments that we had in it; Akihito sure has it rough with all the people around him. LOL
    I wonder what will happen next; it seems that they shall face the Hollow Shadow after all....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling like they slowed down the pace in this episode a bit. Regardless, Akihito's mom was epic. And Mitsuki's jabs are still top notch. It's still not one of my favourite shows this season, but its saving graces are solid.
    Oh, and Kuriyama carrying a burden from the past is a fitting path for the story so far. I doubt we will immediately get to what it is in the next episode, though.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihito is so awesome... His retorts are top notch... Furthermore he has such an awesome mother...

Mirai-chan... She is a great fighter but her past seems to be very sad... I wonder who she killed... and why.

Mitsuki is another awesome character... Does she still pass as a Tsun?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Mitsuki already. And yes, I think she qualifies as a tsun... a quiet tsun. xD

I thought the scene with Akihito's mother was hilarious. I can't wait to see his dad (if we have the chance to do so)

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuriyama is adorable

I really love this show. The action scenes have been spectacular, almost balletic in speed, and execution. The characters are exactly what I want, and expect, from a KyoAni series. I love the banter between Akihito and Mitsuki. They almost reminds me of Senjougahara and Araragi. Kuriyama is as perfect a KyoAni heroine as I could have asked for. Hiromi is an intriguing character too, and funny. Putting his hands in Akihito's armpits was one of the episode's funnier scenes, rivaling Akihito's mom.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, leaps and bounds more interesting than episode one. While episode one was driven by Akihito, this one at least had finally threw in another good component to give one of the most memorable scenes so far this season. Though answers werent given at least the comedy of Akihito and Hiromi made it a blast. I hope he nearly hugs him everytime, just like here and also in that one magazine scan too. Made the episode all special and definitive.

Ending was a bit off for Mirai to be saying such sad things then a fairly happy toned sounding ED played. Don't really understand why she got all down like that and is dragging this plot out for now three episodes of this series twelve, but I hope she makes some change fast or something. Kudos to Akihito for having such patience

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

So far so good. 3 eps in and the story is unfolding with great care. Chars. also give of that polished feeling thou I still have concerns for Kenn (VA of Akihito) sometimes his outbusrts seem forced.....

Mirai's past comes back to haunt her and ppl around her seems to know about it Nano-chan even remarked it such. Her adopted sister seems to be hell bent on killing her. I kinda want to know why her clan was so persecuted, blood usage seems somewhat redundant to me..... Also Nase siblings and their role throughout the story also will determine what is Akihito and why is he also being "watched over".... (well it might be cause he gave the scars to Hiromi)

My only problem is whether or not this will be LN only story (and so far with 13 eps planned that may be the case) or depending on the popularity will they announce a filler series.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

So Mirai killed her best friend because the hollow shadow possessed her; then I guess that Sakura girl has some resentment towards Mirai.
    Anyway I really liked this episode and the story is unfolding in a very interesting way; that's I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.
    Oh, Hitomi and Mitsuki are really funny brothers and the glasses' fetish is strong in Akihito. XD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixed feelings on the episode 3, the random thing they were doing visually for barriers -> switiching constantly to different youmu at times felt a bit jarring or so for the points being made. For the barriers the scene with Hiromi and Akihito in the club room and constantly doing the visual thing with it, didnt make much sense to me as I dont even remember seeing no Youma in their area.

Otherwise, they included another one of my favorite moments which was funny and then odd since they made it seem like Hiromi is totally imouto obsessed, but that cant be the case if he is always doing that to Akihito, mixed messages.

Hiromi's portion and everyones barriers was a huge highlight and really well done while Mirai'smoments felt weak and forgettable. I guess her blood blade showdown was worthwhile, but all it did was just get Akihito back from the microwave and back to Main Character status. I hope Hiromi isnt hurt badly, with that huge scar that wasn't mentioned, and that AKihito gets combat capability

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiromi is just awesome... Putting this hands on Akihitos waist like a boss and admitting that he is a siscon without a second thougt... Anime character of the year...

Glasses vs sisters... Oh god...

Who was this Sakura girl again? She has a gunblade though and that is really cool!

Apart from that... Pretty confusing episode... Barriers everywhere... No explanations...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best scene was Kuriyama pretending not to begging for the money. Creating ice barriers is the Nase families specialty.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Apart from that... Pretty confusing episode... Barriers everywhere... No explanations...
    Ayaka requested anyone who was capable to raise a barrier, in order to lead the hollow shade out of town. The space between barriers would act like a pathway for the hollow shade, leading it out of town along the quickest route, minimizing damage.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Ayaka requested anyone who was capable to raise a barrier, in order to lead the hollow shade out of town. The space between barriers would act like a pathway for the hollow shade, leading it out of town along the quickest route, minimizing damage.
    While I understood that I had problems to follow the action. Apparently Hiromis scarf is pretty convenient as a weapon and why did Mirai suddenly get teleported together with the cool girl? How was Akihito able to suddenly appear?

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast