Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

Sakura and Mirai were teleported into town once they were engulfed by the warped space created by the hollow shade's presence. How that happened was not explained. Akihito ran out to look for her at about the time they were teleported. They were fighting in the school, so it must not have been hard to find them.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say a lot of things about this eps, how awesome and funny it is and blah blah, but now I had no other thought except for I love Hiroomi.
    (Why did I fall for the siscon guy... )

Oh, and I'm starting to love this series more and more though I am still confused about Mirai. Something about her doesn't feel right to me, but I'm still not sure what exactly.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Mirai doesn't wan join the club, OK but she doesn't want his help as well? He is immortal. I still can't believe they are really trying to kill the Hollow Shadow, the strongest of all... She has difficulties even to kill the little ones, that's crazy. Some things were difficult to understand at the end but it was a good episode overall. The comedy especially, all of Mitsuki is awesome, Hiromi too.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be wrong but the impression I get is that she lacked resolve to kill the little ones not because she was afraid for herself, but because she was afraid to *kill* something (due to her past). The only reason she could convince herself to go after Aki before was because he was immortal, after all. I don't think she'll have that problem with the Hollow Shadow.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, everyone was warned not to approach that thing and I'm more or less sure that it's out of one's reach on their own or else people wouldn't be so overly concerned about its presence.
    Maybe she's going at a suicidal run at this point, cause she's acting with remorse for what she had done in the past.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I might be wrong but the impression I get is that she lacked resolve to kill the little ones not because she was afraid for herself, but because she was afraid to *kill* something (due to her past). The only reason she could convince herself to go after Aki before was because he was immortal, after all. I don't think she'll have that problem with the Hollow Shadow.
    That was my impression as well. She lost her resolve after killing her friend. She challenged Aki as "practice", because he's immortal, and she doesn't have to worry about killing him. Whenever she is about to deliver the killing blow to a little shade, she remembers her friend. She wants revenge, and has convinced herself she will be able to fight the Hollow Shade. Based on the PV, I get the feeling her resolve will also falter against the Hollow Shade.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I expect her to have trouble against it as well. I initially thought that if she did, it would be for different reasons, but maybe not...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA. I love this eps, for various reasons.

I've always disliked characters who say, "You cannot understand me!" or something to that effect, and that's why I initially disliked Mirai, and this eps totally teaches her not to say such things.

I'm a bit surprised that even though he's only half-youmu, he's REALLY POWERFUL. Ive guessed that he's quite powerful, but not like that. Even with three people trying to contain him (and they're not your average persons, either), all fail.
    I also wonder who is that in Aki's dream...

More and more mysteries are popping out...

Eh, and Hiroomi. I'm still questioning my taste... One minute I'll be like, "OMG, he's so awesome, <3", the next minute, "OMG, he's such a sis-con creep "...
    Seems like in this eps, the boys' fetishes still continue to be highlighted amidst all the serious battles... with Hiroomi's ringtone (so disgusting), and Aki shouting "megane bishoujo" again..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of disappointing episode and way too larger than life and I didnt like what they did to Akihito to make him lose control and harm Hiromi . The basis of the fight and regenerating the barrier and even throwing the scarf was good though

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know that Mitsuki has such a caring brother. If she says "Please, onii-chan", he might consider dying for her.
    I didn't really get the fight, though. The girl Kuriyama fought was supposed to have no power, so, it seemed like she was possessed. And then it ends up being passed off as an "it wasn't the real Hollow Shadow" explanation. Did I miss something here or did they just cover up the entire incident somehow?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nice to know that Mitsuki has such a caring brother. If she says "Please, onii-chan", he might consider dying for her.
    I didn't really get the fight, though. The girl Kuriyama fought was supposed to have no power, so, it seemed like she was possessed. And then it ends up being passed off as an "it wasn't the real Hollow Shadow" explanation. Did I miss something here or did they just cover up the entire incident somehow?
    It really was the hollow shadow. Izumi brought it's core to a mysterious old man, claiming "with this we can keep the Spirit Hunter Association in check for a while." Why they want to do this is not known. She must have grabbed the core while everyone else was trying to contain Aki. This happened after the ED, before the next episode preview. How Sakura was able to fight even though she does not have any power was not explained, she disappeared before the Hollow Shade was killed. She probably will be important later, an explanation now might spoil some of the suspense.

Fantastic episode, especially the end, when Kuriyama revives Aki. The scene where he asks "do I look like a normal person" was brilliant. There is a moment, after she answers, when he looks at her, she is looking straight ahead, but for a split second, her eye darts to the side, catching his. A brilliant little moment of animated subtlety, that spoke volumes about how she felt, without ever saying a word.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have that much to say, but holy damn, Akihito is strong. I wonder if he'll be able to control that side of him some day.

So are most of the Spirit Warrior's powers barrier based? I know Hiromi has his scarf and we saw Izumi put up a barrier, but that other girl had some rock abilities. I don't remember, but Izumi, Hiromi, and Mitsuki are part of the same clan, right?

Ai as that little furball thingie is so cute!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    So are most of the Spirit Warrior's powers barrier based? I know Hiromi has his scarf and we saw Izumi put up a barrier, but that other girl had some rock abilities. I don't remember, but Izumi, Hiromi, and Mitsuki are part of the same clan, right?
    Izumi, Hiroomi, and Mistuki are siblings. Their family, the Nase clan, specializes in creating ice barriers. Ninomiya seems to have more attack oriented powers, same with Kuriyama. They both can use their powers for defense, but have not set full barriers.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 24, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ai's true form? CUTENESS OVER 9000!!!!
    Good episode and Aki is quite pwerful when he's overwhelmed by his Youma's instincts.
    However there's something that I didn't understand....why would Izumi bring the Hollow shadow to a Youma? Guess a plotwist is coming. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Ai's true form? CUTENESS OVER 9000!!!!
    I almost forgot about that after all the drama

That scene was adorable.

Quote Quote:
    Good episode and Aki is quite pwerful when he's overwhelmed by his Youma's instincts.
    However there's something that I didn't understand....why would Izumi bring the Hollow shadow to a Youma? Guess a plotwist is coming. XD
    We can only guess, at this point. I think it has something to do with Aki's true form. When she brought him the hollow shadow, Izumi said to the old man "with this we can keep the Spirit Hunter Association in check for a while." Earlier in the episode Fujima, a member of the Spirit Hunter Association was shown watching the aftermath of Aki's transformation. He said "I see... no wonder the Association was so concerned." Izumi was then shown glaring at him, blocking his path, at which point he withdrew. I imagine the that protecting Aki is the reason Izumi wants to keep the Spirit Hunter Association in check.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast