Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

Episode 8:

Wow that was a pretty fast paced episode. Akihito is very affected my the calm, Aya is a pretty cool Youmu and Mitsuki is a pretty awesome Tsundere.
    Furthermore I really hope that they will defeat glasses guy pretty soon. He is annoying. <.<
    Mirai starting to have feeling for her Senpai is pretty cute too.
    Looks like Mirai and Akihito will have to fight... :/

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

An excellent episode indeed and that last scene gave me the chills.....
    Sakura was adorable in this episode, as well as Mirai with her feelings for Akkey coming to the surface.
    As for the rest, that guy sure is annoying and I hope that in the next episode Akkey, or Izumi, will whoop his ass. LOL
    Can't wait already for the next episode.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoever is the one writing the dialogue deserves an award, this was easily the highlight of the episode, the smile even. If only they stop keeping them apart.

The action was weird, or rather it just felt like it was thrown in with no build up or leading specifically when Hiromi showed up and did his scarf action, I didnt ever even realize what they were fighting for, beyond just being a protective onii-chan I guess, and it was a bit hard to follow visually..

Still probably one of the more enjoyable episodes thus far.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved that line too. I believe he used 「胸さわぎる」, which is nicely layered...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9:

The battle scenes were amazing. Izumi vs Glasses was especially great.
    Furthermore Akkey is a part of the strongest youmu? Or am I wrong here?
    Anyway the battle between Mirai and Akkey was nice and painful. She is ignoring all of her feelings here... Or rather she tries to overcome them by fighting...
    That cliffhanger...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the hots...but otherwise pretty awesome episode with actually compelling and interesting action for once. Personally enjoyed Hiromi's fighting the best but megane and such fighting was also still good. Confused on the larger plot at hand or either I was too busy paying attention to other things, but I feel like I missed it and its importance why they would want to use Akkey for example and why they are targetting the Nase family

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 9:

The battle scenes were amazing. Izumi vs Glasses was especially great.
    Furthermore Akkey is a part of the strongest youmu? Or am I wrong here?
    Anyway the battle between Mirai and Akkey was nice and painful. She is ignoring all of her feelings here... Or rather she tries to overcome them by fighting...
    That cliffhanger...
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Damn, that was so sad, but also so good.
    Undoubtly, Akkey will come back, but I must admit that I was surprised to see something like this happen.
    Really looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post

Got the hots...but otherwise pretty awesome episode with actually compelling and interesting action for once. Personally enjoyed Hiromi's fighting the best but megane and such fighting was also still good. Confused on the larger plot at hand or either I was too busy paying attention to other things, but I feel like I missed it and its importance why they would want to use Akkey for example and why they are targetting the Nase family
    It seems the Nase family (or at least, Izumi) and the Spirit World Society (kimoi glasses man) are fierce rivals in a race to acquire a "Beyond the Boundary" youmu. I guess it would be either a weapon or an "energy" source of some kind, but I don't know how they would possibly control it. In any case, somehow Akkey's youmu-half can complete the "Beyond the Boundary" youmu. He's like a puzzle piece or something.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10:

Although I had this look on my face: , the romance-part in Akihitos dream felt forced... At least a bit. So it seems we got a summer half and a winter half. Mirai tries to kill the damn thing in the latter.
    Furthermore they explained almost everything this time. Now we know why Mirai wanted to kill Akihito so badly. Interesting.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

imo the romance bit might have flowed better if she was bold enough to just go ahead and kiss him, but they're going for the effect of the loss feeling unfair I guess so that kind of closure can't be allowed. I suppose it would have been better if the feelings stayed blindingly obvious as usual but she didn't try to make any physical move...? Not completely sure how to improve that...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Mirai definitely deserved it and had it coming. Hopefully Hiromi was not a part of this plan so he could remain pure. Cant believe that was the entire purpose to mirai, makes her seem even worse of a character than I could even imagine. Older Nase too even

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the thing. She went into this meaning to deceive and kill Aki but she never had it in her to do it. She was warned it wouldn't be so easy to kill him in advance, remember? Izumi seems to believe (based on her "immortality based in rapid regeneration" theory) that Mirai has had the ability to kill him all along and this is more of an emotional entanglement issue for her than a matter of being capable of pulling it off. I suspect she's probably right about that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BeyondAnother's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Anime Review: Beyond The Boundary

I LOVE THIS ANIME, IM SO ATTACHED!

Ok, before I start this review, I just want to say this is one of the most interesting animes I've seen in a while (aside from Kill La Kill, Attack on Titans..) truly, it's emotional, compelling, stunning storyline. I absolutely love the anime style, the animation is amazing, it gives a feel of realism, which I think is great. I especially like the fighting scenes, ooooh I was at the edge of my chair and had to rewind a few times! I definitely enjoy those scenes, well animated. I like how the characters have these crazy back stories and powers! Akihito is this youmo thing or half whatever, lol that is immortal apparently but then can emerge into this full demon thing (I forget why, sorry) the teachers are all awesome! The brother and sister, forget their names, crap (Mitsuki aaand Hiroomi, was it?) whatever, then there's Mirai who can manipulate her blood and turn it into weapons, how back story is all messed up, but she's still strong hearted, right? She's killed a few people she's not proud of. But sge was originally suppose to kill Akihito, but can't and failed many times, *lol*! She was stsly on his case.

So, What do you guys think? If you could give a short review on this anime?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 07, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    <a href=http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMistyRain/images/ZzFmP6S target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMis...images/ZzFmP6S</a>

"Burnin' bridges one by one, descending closer to the sun"

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11:

Okay I won't complain about the fact, that glasses guy explained his plan to the viewers... Or that he waited until Akihito woke up...

Apart from that it was a good episode. Action, emotions, Mitsuki. It had everything.
    Looking forward to the final.

PS: Akkeys mother is priceless...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Mirai is alive, never saw it coming.

Akkey is the KnK or only its receptacle? If he was its receptacle how can they say that stone is a part of him? Izumi really grown on me recently, and I thought she was a villain at first. Akkey's mother stole the show but I loved that "Serves you right" at the end.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast