Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Oh, Mirai is alive, never saw it coming.

Akkey is the KnK or only its receptacle? If he was its receptacle how can they say that stone is a part of him? Izumi really grown on me recently, and I thought she was a villain at first. Akkey's mother stole the show but I loved that "Serves you right" at the end.
    I believe that since KnK remained in Akkey's body for so long, some kind of link was formed between the two of them, that's why you could say that the stone it's a part of him; at least that's my take on the matter.
    Anyway this really was a beautiful and awesome episode and I'm really glad that Mirai is still alive.
    Now I really want to see how they will defeat KnK.
    Last edited by Zasz; December 13, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The action scenes felt a bit too repetitive, why do they love to make the characters do the slash and then front or backflip, slash, and repeat. Mirai did it multiple times, that one lady has always done it, and I even recall Izumi doing it as well (also had never realized Izumi also sings the op).

Anyway I was relieved that Hiromi was also out of the loop in regards to things essentially remaining pure on the scheme. I hope he gets his scarf back and can also take part in some action, and Akkey there seemed to have his youmu abilities, so I guess he can still heal and what not.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyoukai no Kanata goodies from Comiket 85:

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did preorder one animey good for this anime from animate, akkey and hiromi are on it and ill put it on my phone, love the two so much.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Episode:

That megane ending... I thought he wuld ask her to marry him but I guess glasses are fine too... He was rewarded with a radiant smile...

Apart from that I'm not completely happy... Glasses guys and Izumis backstory were never really explained, they just existed. Same goes for Mirais revival and the whole institution in the background. Akihitos mother left with a big ? too.

I don't know if KyoAni wants to make a second season but as it is, KnKs ending was... Fuyukai desu!
    (What's wrong with kissing?! Damn you KyoAni!!! I get the feeling that the last kiss I saw was back then when they animated
    Spoiler show
    )

All in all a good show but nothing out of the ordinary. The battle choreo could've been better.

Final score: 7/10

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a light novel series this is based off of, so it's no surprise to me there'd be ends left untied. The only thing that I was surprised and (significantly) disappointed to see left unexplained was Mirai's reappearance. It was like she just came back because he wanted her to. Obviously there's more to it than that, but even though I prefer a happy ending, I can't accept it if it feels like they "cheated" to get there.

Spoiler: oh you bet I'm gonna say it... show

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats it? Well like much of the action before it felt pretty lifeless and just all over the place with repetitive moves. And unfortunately after seeing Hiromi earlier this week made it even more disappointing that he wasnt nekkid with just the scarf here. Oh well.

Alright anime overall, Free! and Hyouka are still their best anime and this would fall slightly under Haruhi is it. Probably wont be getting this when it releases here in the us, but I guess Ill look into getting stuff with Hiromi and Akkey on it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Thats it?
    No. The anime only adapted the first two volumes of the novel. Volume three came out a day before the first episode of the anime aired. I don't now whether volume three completes the story. Volume two is not completely translated.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I was disappointed, it was obvious there would be lots of loose ends left. Even the ending was totally fine, I don't mind them not explaining Mirai's reappearance now. The emphasis was on the surprise that she actually comes back, leaving you with a nice cliffhanger. I hope it was explained in the third novel though, if not it would actually become a cheap move.

Wouldn't have minded a kiss but that's something they can leave for later parts as well. Sometimes other actions are even more beautiful than a kiss, I loved how Kuriyama asked Akihito to pat her head and thank her.
    So yeah, I'm pretty pleased with the show as a whole. Not outstanding, but a good and solid show leaving me with the feeling of wanting more. Hopefully there will be a second season.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have seen, the novels are ongoing, volume three does not complete the story. I can't confirm whether they will continue, it merely is the best I can surmise from various Kyoukai no Kanata wiki's. If true, and if volume three does not explain how she survived, there is a good chance volume four will.

I am curious how Kuriyama survived. Presumably that is something even the characters would not understand, a myserty that they gradually would need to uncover. Why Izumi was hosting a youmu, her intentions, and fate, are of greater interest to me. As is the identity of the old man whom Izumi, and now Hiro'omi, have been meeting with.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I quiet liked the series, even if the plot got a bit weak to the end and the explanations weren't satisfying, the animation and effects of the series were superb, especially the 10th and 12th episode and the fight scenes with Izumi were really great. I wish other producers would put so much effort into their scenes. It was like the opposite of some "still" filled bs you see too often in other series.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6