Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Galilei Donna

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Galilei Donna

Galilei Donna
    Production: A-1 Pictures
    Director: Umetsu Yasuomi
    Original Character Design: Adachi Shingo
    Starring: Shindou Kei, Ookubo Rumi, Hidaka Rina
    Starts: October 10, 2013

In 2061, global warming is a thing of the past as a new ice age covers the world. Hozuki, Hazaki, and Kazaki Ferrari, three descendents of Galileo, live in Tuscany. A mysterious organization is searching for the "Galilei Donna," and put out an international arrest warrant for the three sisters. The sisters must put aside their differences to join forces in fighting the organization and learning their true destiny.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Galilei Donna

At first I thought that this anime wouldn't have been interesting, but in the end I ended up loving it.
    The characters seem to be good, especially the sisters, who really are different from one another (and Hozuki is freaking cute. XD).
    I'm looking forward to the next episode.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This one's a surprise for me as well. I thought it was really cute--not my favorite of the season, but there's enough interest to keep me going.

I really like the sisters. They're adorable. I'd have to say Hazuki is currently my favorite of the three ^^

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Who needs airships when you have airfishs?

I didn't expect Mechs though. Methan Hydrate hating Mechs at that.
    Furthermore that girl has a very convenient scooter...

If this show teached me one thing it would be: Don't anger your goldfish. It's wrath is out of this world...

Anyway the girls are VERY cute and I was entertained. Enough to make me watch the next episode.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I decided to watch this series because of my respect to Galileo, and my curiosity to what kind of story this will be.
    Then, I hear Kamiya-san in the trailer, and this series got 2 times more interesting than before.

I do not regret. The premise of the story seems interesting, and the sisters are an interesting bunch with their different personalities. When I was watching eps 1, I did not know who Kamiya would voice, so I was excited, and then came in Cicinho (I think that's how you write it? That name is really weird, IMO). I almost choked. I just didn't expect his role to be so... unique. But I like Cicinho's style and I guess I'm going to ship him with Hazuki (or Hozuki. I'm not sure which is her name. The sisters' names are too similar.)

Can't wait to see more, especially the goldfish.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

I'll never get used to a flying goldfish AND a goldfish mecha...

Apart from that interesting episode. Everyone wants Galileos stuff.
    For now it looks like the girls just lost both of their parents... If the father is dead: What an embarrassing way to die...

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was unexpected about their parents......are they really dead or have they only been badly injured?
    Another excellent episode though; this anime is getting to me more and more and so far this story about a litteral treasure hunt is unfolding in a very intriguing way.
    I wonder what this treasure is about though....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

No Cicinho. Oh well.

It's good to have the whole thing about Galileo's inheritance explained a bit in this eps.. I mean, how can those people know about such thing but the descendant herself knows nothing.
    I'm still suspicious of Anna though.. She looks nice and all, but we don't really have any proof she won't back-stab the sisters later. But I do hope she genuinely wants to help them.
    I'm worried about their parents now...

And that goldfish suit... I thought goldfish airship is weird already.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hocchi seems to know something. She at least knew about the six sketches, and was even shown looking at them:

I think Hocchi used whatever she learned from the sketches to build the flying goldfish.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

Everyone wants Galileos treasure... I wonder what it really is...
    At least they have a lead now... Too bad that Kazuki is a scaredy cat but somebody had to be it...

Well their mother is alive... It's something...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So their parents are alive, but it seems that heir mother has amnesia....
    Anyway I quite liked this episode and it seems that they discovered a hint about the treasure of Galileo.
    Kazuki, despite how she appears to others, she's very fragile and it seeems she has an inferiority complex towards her little sister.
    All this chracterization of the characters is well received by me, especially because I thought this anime wouldn't be good; luckily I was wrong.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I actually found the scene where Messier attacks them quite hilarious, and not in a good way.

Messier: "I don't like to beat around the bush. Hand over the Galileo Tesoro. Or else..." *starts to crush the goldfish*

Inside the three sisters start fighting, Kazuki is bitching.

Messier: "So what's your answer?" *starts throwing the goldfish around*

Oh look, there's a little container with one of the sketches inside!

... and the fight continues. Kazuki runs away and cries in a corner while Messier is still supposedly crushing the goldfish...

Oh look, it's the pirates! They will save the day!

Then they actually stop Messier.

Leader: "Hahaha, I'm so great"
    Underling: "Boss, they're getting away"
    Leader: Oh really? Whatever, no need to follow them"

Meanwhile

Messier: "Okay you have won for today. Instead of trying to follow you, I will just search for you all over again and hunt you down tomorrow"

So much magical asspull, Messier going all "I want an answer now" but actually waits for minutes and minutes while the sisters have nothing better to do but to fight... Not liking this one bit, but I guess it wasn't bad enough to make me drop the show =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    So their parents are alive, but it seems that heir mother has amnesia....
    Anyway I quite liked this episode and it seems that they discovered a hint about the treasure of Galileo.
    Kazuki, despite how she appears to others, she's very fragile and it seeems she has an inferiority complex towards her little sister.
    All this chracterization of the characters is well received by me, especially because I thought this anime wouldn't be good; luckily I was wrong.
    Kazuki definitely seems to resent Hocchi. I think she's jealous Hocchi is the science prodigy. I'd like to know more about the sister's relationship. It seems so fragile. I also like the characters, especially Hocchi. I like Hazuki too, she's very funny. I'm curious where the next scroll will be. It will obviously be in an old musical instrument, but I'm still curious how they find it.

I like this show. It reminds me of the more over the top, outrageous style of anime from the late 90's and early 2000's. Series like Big O, Coyote Ragtime Show, Outlaw Star, and Excel Saga. I like that mix of comedy and action. VVV has the same vibe, but even more over the top.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 27, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well I actually found the scene where Messier attacks them quite hilarious, and not in a good way.

Messier: "I don't like to beat around the bush. Hand over the Galileo Tesoro. Or else..." *starts to crush the goldfish*

Inside the three sisters start fighting, Kazuki is bitching.

Messier: "So what's your answer?" *starts throwing the goldfish around*

Oh look, there's a little container with one of the sketches inside!

... and the fight continues. Kazuki runs away and cries in a corner while Messier is still supposedly crushing the goldfish...

Oh look, it's the pirates! They will save the day!

Then they actually stop Messier.

Leader: "Hahaha, I'm so great"
    Underling: "Boss, they're getting away"
    Leader: Oh really? Whatever, no need to follow them"

Meanwhile

Messier: "Okay you have won for today. Instead of trying to follow you, I will just search for you all over again and hunt you down tomorrow"

So much magical asspull, Messier going all "I want an answer now" but actually waits for minutes and minutes while the sisters have nothing better to do but to fight... Not liking this one bit, but I guess it wasn't bad enough to make me drop the show =/
    Well, that's anime logic for you. XD
    Many shows have this WTF moments. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Kazuki definitely seems to resent Hocchi. I think she's jealous Hocchi is the science prodigy. I'd like to know more about the sister's relationship. It seems so fragile. I also like the characters, especially Hocchi. I like Hazuki too, she's very funny. I'm curious where the next scroll will be. It will obviously be in an old musical instrument, but I'm still curious how they find it.

I like this show. It reminds me of the more over the top, outrageous style of anime from the late 90's and early 2000's. Series like Big O, Coyote Ragtime Show, Outlaw Star, and Excel Saga. I like that mix of comedy and action. VVV has the same vibe, but even more over the top.
    Yeah, this anime is very good and his characters (especially the sisters, with Hazuki being my favourite with her behaviour that you just described, followed by Hozuki with her cutness and Kazuki with her fragility) are well characterized and allow me to enjoy all the episodes.
    Funny thing it's that I thought it wouldn't be interesting.....instead here I am watching it every week and looking forward to watching the next episodes.
    Last edited by Zasz; October 28, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

Those pirates are weird... They just happened to be in Germany too?
    Anyway... Tough luck. Good for them that the leader has some kind of honor.

I liked that Kazuki stopped being a jealous, annoying brat for the moment... She was too tsun in the beginning...
    Well the 4th lady is suspicious... I bet she will betray them in the future.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast