Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kyoukai no Kanata

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

SAKUGA . We've seen her fight before but Mirai is pretty damn strong, Akihito was a surprise as well. She hesitated too much to stab him tough. Quite pleased to see that there are still mysteries about the Hollow Shadow. But what was Sakura's goal?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome episode.

Mirai and Akihiko are an awesome (soon to be) couple...

The battles were well done and the OST was awesome...

Only Sakura was a bit... weird. She appeared, fought Mirai and suddenly disappeared... :/

Well but they explained why they were at such a strange place.

---------- Post added October 31, 2013 at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2013 at 07:03 PM ----------

Episode 5:

Damn Hiromi and Akihito are such perverts... Poor Mirai...
    Mitsuki and Mirai were so cute together... Totally not unpleasant at all.

Mirai whining on her blog was pure gold though...

Aya has big breasts?! Now THAT was unexpected... But why nude shots... Is that woman a pervert too?

A really nice episode after so much action.

PS: Mitsuki is gorgeous.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode! Episode five really built on the main theme of the series. Teenagers (and people in general) assuming that they are different, that their peers don't understand, and don't like them, without thinking that others feel the same way. Aki, Mitsuki, and Kuriyama have all lived in some form of self-imposed isolation. Now they are starting to find that they understand each other, developing real friendships. Kuriyama seems to be the quickest to understand. I think confronting Aki last week sped up her development compared to the others. Kyoukai has a really nice, universal message, well delivered, without being preachy or didactic. It helps that Kuriyama and Mitsuki are top tier KyoAni heroines. Great show.

Now we know how Sakura was able to fight even though she has no spiritual powers. I wonder what Izumi wanted with Kuriyama after the ED? I'd also like to learn more about how Aki almost killed Hiroomi. The dirty look Fujima gave Aki spoke volumes. He must plan on saying something about Aki to the Association. There are a lot of interesting things going on, as we head towards the second half.

Kuriyama in maid cosplay was, by far, the best part of the episode.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Why they didn't show the "boing" photo? Damn, I was overexcited for no reason. Episode 5th is my favorite episode so far, so many sweet moments without losing its serious touch. Definitely more Akky could makes it better, but maybe this episode is reserved for girls moments.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the boing photo would not have met Japanese television standards. Not even late night TV standards.

I missed Aki, but an episode about the girls bonding was really nice. I was glad to see Mitsuki get more screen time.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although the dialogue may sometimes be dull and some of the events a bit drab, at least someone on staff knows how to keep me watching. Handholding Akihito Hiromi, and multiple hugging times between the two made it fun.

The action moments are really at their best when its just putting up all the barriers and what not while the blood fitting is kind of nothing unique and always feels like a way to just ride the clock. Not really much to say but Id prefer more of an episode like this instead of that which we got previously.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to see some development in the relationships between the characters.
    Hitomi and Akky are perverts indeed......but who wouldn't with those girls around? XD
    And the moment in which we came to know that Ai has hidden melons was entertaining.
    Anyway it seems that next week we will have a really strange episode with Mirai wearing those clothes, that's why I'm looking forward to watching it. LOL

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Came for the passionate and intense Akihito Hiromi shower scenes but then was left with so much more. Episode gave me many of the same feelings UtaPri dance sequences evoked and the song was alright too. Hiromi and Akihito's moves and that final pose, amazing. All around just one plain hilarious and fun episode for everyone involved. Akihito and Hiromi should sport the sleeveless look more often, much better than their traditional outfit. Additionally, they are so similar in the things they are passionate about, that whole outdoors scene was amazing.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is able to describe this episode better than the look on Mitsukis face. Holy shit I thought NouKome was the best episode this week... I was so wrong... This whole "training-for-the-cultural-festival"-training scenes were so damn hilarious... Especially Hiromi with his mobile phone and the whole training camp stuff...
    Long story short: Thank you KyoAni... I think i can die now...

Is this a new song btw? I really want to have a full version... Anyone knows what it is called?

PS: Ai in that outfit...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 07, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    That was my favorite scene! Kuriyama's off key singing, Mitsuki's horror, and then the juice pouring down the building. The timing of that scene was absolutely perfect.

Quote Quote:
    Nothing is able to describe this episode better than the look on Mitsukis face. Holy shit I thought NouKome was the best episode this week... I was so wrong... This whole "training-for-the-cultural-festival"-training scenes were so damn hilarious... Especially Hiromi with his mobile phone and the whole training camp stuff...
    Long story short: Thank you KyoAni... I think i can die now...
    A great idol anime parody. Best part was that they were so busy preparing their routine, they forgot to plan on how they were going to kill the thing

Ai achieved the ultimate level of kawaii this week, the final moe form.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I literally died when they started dancing and having those tragic FB's. XD
    I think that all fillers (I don't know if this episode was canon) should be like his, just to give you a good time watching the eisode.
    To conclude, that Youma was really a pervert, but I must say that I had his same reaction when I saw Mitsuki and Mirai. LOL

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyoto Animation's Beyond the Boundary Gets Web Anime Shorts

Quote Quote:
    The official website for Kyoto Animation's Beyond the Boundary (Kyōkai no Kanata) anime announced on Tuesday that it will stream new animated shorts starting on November 18. There are three Kyōkai no Kanata Idol Saiban! ~Mayoi Nagaramo Kimi o Sabaku-min (Beyond the Boundary Idol Trial! Those Who Judge You Even While Lost) shorts scheduled.As long as evil is rampant in this world, four "angels" will judge your sins. The first case will be against the defendant Akihito, the "ultimate Meganest," for a charge to be revealed in the short. Presiding Judge Ai Shindō and the other judges will be drawn as cute super-deformed characters in this parallel world story.
    More Idol stuff? Count me in

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    OMG, I literally died when they started dancing and having those tragic FB's. XD
    I think that all fillers (I don't know if this episode was canon) should be like his, just to give you a good time watching the eisode.
    To conclude, that Youma was really a pervert, but I must say that I had his same reaction when I saw Mitsuki and Mirai. LOL
    The dance scene was an instant legend, already one of the iconic anime scenes.

Kuriyama's growth since fighting the Dream Shadow has been amazing. She's so much more confident, so much more open with Mitsuki, Hiroomi, and Aki. I'm not sure where I put Kyoukai yet in the KyoAni canon, but it's definitely one of my favorites. I can't wait for episode seven, and the confrontation with Sakura.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

"How unpleasantly obscene!" - My line of the week...

I love the usual skits with Hiromi and Akihito... Their pervy talk about little sisters and glasses is just epic. They really get along quite well, don't they?

The fight between Mirai and Sakura was quite good too although Mirai was clearly the way stronger one. In the end she got at least Sakura back.
    Furthermore we found out that the fishy guy from earlier is really fishy after all. At least the cool weapon is still around. If they feet it the Hollow Shadow...

At the end they finally said the name of the show... Which means this is pretty serious.

PS: Mitsuki destroying every idol-CD of Hiromi was pure gold...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 13, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious with the real intention of that glasses man.. well, he has been very suspicious from the start, but so far the clue about what's his purpose hanging around our protags are probably not exist. Looking forward to more serious stuff next episode, should be thrilling.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast