Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagi no Asukara

Nagi no Asukara
    Genre: Coming of Age, Fantasy, Romance
    Production: P.A. Works
    Director: Shinohara Toshiya
    Series Composition: Okada Mari
    Original Character Design: Buriki
    Starring: Hanazawa Kana, Hanae Natsuki, Kayano Ai, Ohsaka Ryota, Ishikawa Kaito
    Starts: October 3, 2013

A beautiful fairy tale that wanders through the earth and the sea. Hikari Sakishima and Manaka Mukaido are Sea Dwellers and childhood friends. When their school in the sea is closed they are forced to attend to an earth's one, but due to a special encounter, their lives gain a new twist.

From the writer of Anohana, Hana Iro, and Toradora

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Nagi no Asukara

My god.....beautiful setting, beautiful music and also beautiful story for what I've seen until now.
    The Seiyuus are top-notch and it's also for this reason that I'm liking this anime.
    However I really hate to see the discrimination towards the main characters; i hope that somehow their classmates won't be prejudiced in the future and they will become somewhat friends.
    Okay, finished my ranting and I will conclude by saying that I'm really looking forward to seeing the next episode of this beautiful anime.
    Last edited by Zasz; October 04, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be a pretty nice romance story. The ocean village concept is not so unimaginable, but it fits in okay. Childhood friends' love is again bound to lose in some way. If one wins, that's another one's loss.
    On another note, both OP and ED songs are awesome.

Overall, one of the best starts for me in this young season so far.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    This seems to be a pretty nice romance story. The ocean village concept is not so unimaginable, but it fits in okay. Childhood friends' love is again bound to lose in some way. If one wins, that's another one's loss.
    On another note, both OP and ED songs are awesome.

Overall, one of the best starts for me in this young season so far.
    Oh yeah, the romance is going to be good; I hope just hope that no one will get hurt because of what you said.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    My god.....beautiful setting, beautiful music and also beautiful story for what I've seen until now.
    The Seiyuus are top-notch and it's also for this reason that I'm liking this anime.
    THIS! This is really beautiful, I like Hikari's character. The story is interesting too, it seems see inhabitants can't stay too long on land because of Ena, it's like a curfew. I laughed like crazy when the fish farted. My favorite premiere so far.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

First things first. Music and art were beautiful. The ocean village looked amazing. Opening and ending are very nice too.

I already feel sorry for Hikari. The girl he loves is head over heels for a guy she saw for the first time in her life... Sucks to be him is what I would say but there is another girl who likes him. The only guy who is screwed is Hikaris friend...

Anyway I wonder if this will turn out like Romeo and Juliet... Two different cultures... Two people who can't be together...
    Furthermore the part with the sacrifice which once was very dark... This could be an interesting Anime.

PS: How the hell are they able to take the notes from school back home...?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 05, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything about this is beautiful. Music, scenery, characters, etc.

Poor Hikari. I also feel kinda bad for Chisaki, it's clear she wants to be there for Manaka, but can't in the same way Hikari can. Her conversation with Kaname was interesting. Manaka is so unbearably adorable. <3

I can see a love pentagram forming at some point.

Quote Quote:
    PS: How the hell are they able to take the notes from school back home...?
    Don't think too hard. You'll get hurt.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; October 05, 2013 at 03:16 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, a love pentagram is on the cards, but as it's the case with the love triangles, one will be left out, and that'll most likely be Kaname.
    But who knows, maybe the things don't follow the usual pattern and it's the main hero who is left alone in the end

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hikari close up in his apron and eventually cooking was an interesting way to start the first episode instantly selling me on Hikari. He really is a great lead character and one to get behind. Unfortunately, it is terrible that the writing keeps him hindered and honed in on only Manaka that at times it becomes nearly unbearable. But thankfully Tsumugu is there to balance things out and make it interesting. Ultimately, Tsumugu and Hikari's moments were the highlights beyond the plot and world building going on. I just hope that Kaname wont be left behind in terms of development and writing which it almost seemed to be with him and Chiisaki sitting on the sidelines while Hikari was chasing after Manaka and Kaname essentially suggesting that she liked Hikari too.

Otherwise strong start, the romance bits sometimes felt way too forced and too fast but easily overlooked by the plot and world teared up when she ran off and started cracking as it seemed sad to consider what would happen to everyone if she lost the Ena and then couldnt return while they could. They would be heartbroken bad. I hope the plot wont go in that direction where one of them will be unable to return to the sea as splitting up childhood friends is too tragic and emotional.

Ray gave best OP of the season so far.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

PA Works anime are always gorgeous. I love how emotionally down to earth, and human, Nagiasu feels. No grand gestures, no emotional groundswells, but small, specific emotions that easily related to. The emotional flashpoint of Hii-kun's jealousy was not some big, dramatic event, but something little, with deep personal meaning. He's kind of tsundere, and seems to have trouble expressing his emotions. I expect him to act passive-aggressively towards Manaka, rather than some dramatic emotional display.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, is it me or Hikari is becoming even more annoying? Jeez, I know that he just want to protect her, but it's not like Manaka is his own personal possession......
    All in all, the episode wasn't bad, but I'd like to see a plot development in the next episodes.....

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

We don't need plot development right away. This show has 26 episodes, so there is plenty of time. For now this is good enough. It is nice so see those two different cultures interact.We have to learn more about the differences and the cultures themself.

Hikari... How can you hate it when a cute girl says pervy things? Grow a pair dude... <.<Well I can understand him. He is very jealous because hs is in love with Manaka. Ah... Youth...
    Although I can't deny that Hikari was a big jerk... Poor Manaka... Poor Chisaki...

Hikaris father didn't look very strict to me... Akari...

I wonder what happens to them when they have to leave? Do the people from the sea have to do the sama Manaka did while staying away from the water too long? Or will they adapt someday?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The animation. I'm so in love with the animation. I'm so glad this is 2 cour so I get to see more than a season of beautiful scenery and fluid animation.

Normally I'd say Hikari is an annoying brat. Well, actually he IS an annoying brat, but they are middle schoolers and he's still quite young. Preteens tend to be very bratty, so although he annoys me, I can understand it.

Manaka lying and then wishing for her curse back was really cute. XD

Quote Quote:
    I wonder what happens to them when they have to leave? Do the people from the sea have to do the sama Manaka did while staying away from the water too long? Or will they adapt someday?
    I'm wondering that too. Do they just leave and live on the surface as sea people or do they shed their ena (as it appeared in Hikari's thoughts)?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 2:

We don't need plot development right away. This show has 26 episodes, so there is plenty of time. For now this is good enough. It is nice so see those two different cultures interact.We have to learn more about the differences and the cultures themself.
    Ah, I didn't know that this anime was going to have 26 episodes.
    Then I can wait for story development.
    About what happens to the people who leave the village, I believe that they shed their Ena and become surface people as kindredxiuxiu suggested.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 was well done and wow getting emotional already and its just the second episode, praise the storytelling in this wonderful environment. Hikari is easy to connect with and just seeing all the trials and tribulations he has to go through makes it hilarious to even saddening at times. those aggravating stares and anger outbursts even, if only people could understand him. Manaka could also calm down or something, way too touchy of everything and then wanting to purposefully lie, something has to be wrong with her. But back to Hikari and now his sister too in that unfortunate situation, I think he may get some breakdown in this anime at some point. Perhaps Tsumugu can help him out..

The OP is still really catchy and good.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast