Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Nagi no Asukara

The scene with Manaka trying to be cursed was priceless! Hikari and Manaki don't understand their feelings huh.
    He is indeed a jerk, I didn't like what he did to Chisaki, but he is still my favorite . I guess Akari will die soon.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagi no Asukara

Well, it seems that Hikari is changing his attitudes towards Tsugumu and the suface people in general; that's good I guess.
    Good episode and I think that the reason why the people of the sea are banished from the village after marrying the people of the surface was explained very well.
    About the rest, I'm really curious to see how the situation regarding Akari will be resolved and it seems that in the next episode we might be able to see it...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that was a nice and warm episode. Seems like Tsugumu is 1/4 merman.
    It was a good thing that they explained how life under the sea works.

Hikari was an idiot again for about 50% of the episode but he became likable in the end. At least for now. Looking at the preview he will annoy me again... <.<

Anyway. Manaka was very adorable again but I'm not a fan... I usually support childhood friend love but this time I'm rooting for the underdog. Go Chisaki!

That pun regarding her taste in men was top notch though...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 17, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Hikari: ""Chisaki, you have bad taste in men."
    Kaname: "Ain't that the truth?"

Damn.. Kaname just butchered Hikari, although it's unknown to the latter. A heartwarming episode overall. I like the biological explanation. Much better than nonsense like "We belong to different cultures", etc. Already looking forawrd to the next one.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow so far the strongest three episode opening of the season. Gundam Build Fighters and Samurai Flamenco ought to be able to match this in storytelling quality and character development, hopefully, but everything else in the quality storytelling department, Nagi no Asukara has threw down the gauntlet hard.

The outcome of this episode through their trial and tribulation was well worth it and wholly interesting Hikari actually immediately accepting Tsumugu as a friend even and swiftly close too in their one on one moment in one of the most beautiful scenes in the anime, was pleasing and really satisfying. Almost though he would stay at odds with him but for it to turn around just now was surprising. The whole conclusion of it all leading to the water side fun time gave really happy tears. Its just hard to describe into words the feelings the scene invoked but extremely memorable.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Hikari: ""Chisaki, you have bad taste in men."
    Best quote of the episode

Hikari and Tsumugu are finally friends. They used the fact that babies can breath and swim in water and used it to create the Ena concept, smart. It means I lost mine. It was the best episode of the three, Hikari trying to be less of a jerk and more responsible, now that they are all friends it will be more interesting. I am liking the subplot with Akari too, his boyfriend already had children. What made this episode better is that it wasn't focused on the love triangle.

I am curious to know Tsumugu's grandpa past.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 18, 2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Double Posts

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode. Wow.

So the little girls are up to mischief and Hikari is still an ass. Though I think Tsumugu nailed it on the head when he said that people misunderstand Hikari because he's misunderstanding them.... or something of that sort.

It seems the plot thickens around Akari and her guy--his wife died 3 years ago, and his daughter's upset that someone else has "replaced" her mum.

What really hit me was the end, and the glimpses we got of Chisaki's insecurities, especially those stemming from Manaka and her feelings for Hikari. Reminded me of my middle school life. >.>;

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The crying and angry kids level was just threw the roof, what an intense and powerful episode at times. Kaname getting a moment was as pleasing as the typical awesome Hikari moments. I liked most of it Wonder why the sea god needs them to stay in the sea for a bit longer, what must the big plot issue in the background be that were missing?
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing it refers to the diminishing population of the sea village. Remember Akari jokingly saying there was no one left to date in the village.
    This was a good episode. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Chisaki. She is calm and collected, to say the least, but even then, she sees herself weak that she cannot come out as strongly as she wants to.
    Also, the part with little kids was good. As much of a short-tempered guy he is, Hikari still had enough in his heart that he could empathize with a kid who lost her mother.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't add anything else to what you all said; a really beautiful and powerful episode.
    Felt sorry for Chisaki, Akari and Miuna; they had all kind of troubles and they can't seem to overcome them; that's the sensation that I had from this episode.
    About Hikari, well, he's always the same, but it seems that he's maturing little by little, which is something good.
    I can't wait to watch the next episode already.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And nobody send them home after destroying a door...?

Oh well... Can't really add anything so I just say that I liked this episode. It was wonderful and showed that there are many walls between those two cultures...

Best part: tako-sama.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hikari, asking them to hit you like that, but it makes him a little dangerous. Manaka grew on me in this ep, loved her determination, Chisaki was right about her, Kaname was great too. She needs to stop being so adorable though, Hikari won't forget her like that...
    I am starting to think Uroko-sama will be the big bag, and we have Chisaki who is breaking...

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaka is surprisingly bold. I'm glad to see she is developing more conviction. She's a really great character. I'm looking forward to the inevitable heartbreak. She seems to know that someday she is going to have to leave the sea.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

Wow this show is awesome...
    The whole story with Akari and Miuna was really great. Even better that it was a huge misunderstanding. Very mature of the little girl actually...
    Furthermore I really start to like Hikari. He is not just an annoying brat anymore.
    Now we only have the sea god who doesn't like Akaris relationship...

Last but not least we have the "confession"... I'm pretty sure Manaka doesn't know what she is feeling... I guess the fact that Tsumugu might've been the first boy she saw that is not from her village mesmerized her.
    Well anyway it looks like we have a lot of drama and romance issues in the future.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 5:

Wow this show is awesome...
    The whole story with Akari and Miuna was really great. Even better that it was a huge misunderstanding. Very mature of the little girl actually...
    Furthermore I really start to like Hikari. He is not just an annoying brat anymore.
    Now we only have the sea god who doesn't like Akaris relationship...

Last but not least we have the "confession"... I'm pretty sure Manaka doesn't know what she is feeling... I guess the fact that Tsumugu might've been the first boy she saw that is not from her village mesmerized her.
    Well anyway it looks like we have a lot of drama and romance issues in the future.
    Indeed, it's already one of my favourites of the season. I'm not surprised I love this show, considering that Okada Mari is responsible for the Script/Series Composition. She handled AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha too, which I both rate very highly. She took care of Toradora too, all the more reason to check it out when I have some time to spare.

Facing your own feelings and accepting them seems to be the main focus, something Okada is definitely skilled at portraying. It's really surprising how fast all the characters grew on me and how I somehow root for all of them Hikari appeared like such a spoiled brat at the beginning but had such a splendid growth in the matter of a few episodes. It's not just limited to him though, all characters advanced from more or less stereotypical to being quite complex. Like Manaka, who's developed from the usual damsel in distress to a girl who tries to stand on her own and to protect others.

That being said, Akari and Miuna's meeting at the end of the episode almost moved me to tears. Oh, I'm already prepared for lots of great and heartbreaking moments

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast