Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagi no Asukara

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 5:

Wow this show is awesome...
    The whole story with Akari and Miuna was really great. Even better that it was a huge misunderstanding. Very mature of the little girl actually...
    Furthermore I really start to like Hikari. He is not just an annoying brat anymore.
    Now we only have the sea god who doesn't like Akaris relationship...

Last but not least we have the "confession"... I'm pretty sure Manaka doesn't know what she is feeling... I guess the fact that Tsumugu might've been the first boy she saw that is not from her village mesmerized her.
    Well anyway it looks like we have a lot of drama and romance issues in the future.
    Couldn't have said it better myself; this is definitely one of my favourite show for this season.
    Actually I really didn't expect this anime to be so deep......I'm glad that it turned like this, it makes the whole story more interesting and entertaining.
    I'm looking forward to watching the next episode.
    Last edited by Zasz; November 03, 2013 at 05:10 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole Miuna plot and Akari portion was kind of similar personal feelings wise, I guess I could see how she could think that to some extent and had a similar experience years ago somewhat. Regardless, really well done and Hikari was an excellent character to have through it.

Ocean scene and final three minutes were powerful. Surprising how good it can be even when it doesnt involve Tsumugu and the others. Looking forward to more.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

Hah youth... Although Manaka is starting to get on my nerves with her constant crying but okay. Maybe she will change... (Please do...) Hikari is the same too. He has changed a bit but is still so annoying when Manaka or Chisaki are involved. Seriously what is his problem?

Anyway. Nice to see that they start to have friends in this class. I really liked how they were working together. Seems like Kaname also has a possible girlfriend now.
    Good to see that both girls made up and could see those three suns. It was quite beautiful.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hikari is continuing to be a really good character affecting everyone around him in positive ways. What was best about this episode was at least highlighting the changing opinions of those around him. I like how the anime at least shows that with time and understanding that people can become more accepting and friendly towards one another even though they come from different cultures and different backgrounds. Consistently seems like a theme that is much needed in the world of today.

Marine snow always looks phenomenal and combined with a major scene made for one of the most memorable moments in the anime in terms of scenery and defining how gorgeous the setting can be.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

Old grudges can't be forgotten easily... That escalated pretty quickly and Hikaris father didn't even try to stop them... <.<

Seeing those two siblings escape was pretty nice to see. They were so determined.

Whi is thus Uroko guy really? Being able to use such powers is kinda unfair. Well in the end he let them go... But I wonder what Uroko meant with "descendents of him"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn... I didn't know Uroko had that type power.

I'm also really curious what he meant by "descendents"--as in descendents of the original sea god or sea people? It enraged me to see the adults act so immature and then not take blame for their own actions. They're terrible, and Akari and Hikari's father just allowed it to happen. Though that didn't bother me as much as that one guy smoking a cigarette in what I assume is the school building. Tsk tsk.

Dat escape. I wonder what'll happen now. I like that we're seeing Hikari's character growth, but I'm afraid the others are getting left behind.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes adults can be really childish......
    Anyway good episode and the revelation towards the end is quite something; I wonder if it will change the current situation between the surface and the sea.
    Last edited by Zasz; November 17, 2013 at 04:30 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The other classmates having roles finally. I hope it doesnt mean we wont be seeing them anymore if Hikari is truly leaving, and I didnt think the sister would have a prevalent reoccuring role in this. Mixed feelings but it provides a nice contrast to Hikari at times. Gorgeous visuals.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8:

Hikaris character develops in a very good way. He is changing although Chisaki doesn't want him to.
    Furthermore Miuna is so cute. Caring for the see people like that. Daaaaaw.

It is really nice to see how everyones feelings develop. They are a group of great friends now.

Now I want to know why it is raining salt...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best episode yet all around, good scenes for everyone, well Kaname seems like he needs to be paired with someone, maybe a new character can come along, since in the end he may end up with no one and just good comedy and slight drama. Impressed with Miuna all around and really helped to make Hikari be like this seasons best onii-chan figure.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 8:

Hikaris character develops in a very good way. He is changing although Chisaki doesn't want him to.
    Furthermore Miuna is so cute. Caring for the see people like that. Daaaaaw.

It is really nice to see how everyones feelings develop. They are a group of great friends now.

Now I want to know why it is raining salt...
    Yes, Miuna was really adorable in this episode.
    As for the rest, I too liked the fact that there was some kind of development between Chisaki and Hikari; I wonder if she will thell him her feelings someday....
    Anyway what was more incredible in this episode IMHO was the last scene; I didn't really expect the saltflakes snow to come to the surface.
    Guess that's why Uroko didn't want to give any more people of the sea to the surface one.
    Things are going to be interesting from this point forward.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9:

Damn this Anime is almost too beautiful. Every episode has so many emotions.
    Now Kaname got his own admirer... I wonder he'll find a girl of his own age.

For the rest. Tsugumus talk with Chisaki was quite nice. Too bad that Chisaki reacted like that. I guess she just doesn't want to hear those things... Furthermore Hikari isn't able to hold his feelings back anymore... But he got rejected in the end. Now I feel really sorry for him.

Looks like humanity might encounter a new ice age? At least it looks like that. Looking forward to next week.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes so glad the Manaka route was shot down, and Kaname, too perfect that he isnt focused on anyone. Anyway outside of romance the stuff going on seems a bit scary, hope details are quickly dished out. Though it seems like it will leave Tsumugu out

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Manaka definitely shot down Hikari.....it's just that her reaction is connected to the fact that she knows that Chisaki likes Hikari and she's unsure if accepting his feelings; that's my take on the matter at least.
    Anyway this episode was awesome and the disaster that will soon hit the surface literally gave me the chills (sorry for the joke. LOL).
    I wonder if there's a way to stop it.....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10:

Oh the feels... Miuna and Saya talking about death... Heartbreaking.
    Again an episode fileld with lots of emotions. Again Manaka was the silent star... Seems like she is not only back in the game, but also about to win it. Looking at her Hii-kun flashbacks she has feelings for him... The sea slug kinda hinted it too.
    In the end Kaname dropped the bomb... Way to end an episode.

I hope they can prevent the calamity.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast