Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Flamenco

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Samurai Flamenco

Samurai Flamenco
    Genre: Action
    Production: Manglobe
    Director: Omori Takahiro
    Series Composition: Kurata Hideyuki
    Original Character Design: Kurahana Chinatsu
    Starring: Masuda Toshiki, Sugita Tomokazu, Tomatsu Haruka, Ichimichi Mao, Yamazaki Erii
    Starts: October 10, 2013

Masayoshi Hazama has decided to become the superhero Samurai Flamenco in spite of having no special abilities or modifications. Hidenori Goto is a police officer who learns his secret identity by chance, which causes him all sorts of trouble.

From the director of Baccano, Durarara, and Natsume Yuujinchou. Written by the chief writer of Kaminomi and Oreimo. Original characters designed by the illustrator of Uta no Prince-sama

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samurai Flamenco

This will be hot, hazama is all sorts of amazing and Goto too. The designs clearly have inspiration from utapri which appeals to me greatly. Oct 10 will be glorious.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see Hamazura Hazama's exploits!

But seriously I had no Idea what this was at first, I think I'll consider trying it out now.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I initially wasn't going to watch anything this season, but how could I not watch this when it's by Manglobe and Omori Takahiro? I'm really looking forward to it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't seem bad as an anime and I think that the first episode was okay.
    I guess it will be fun seeing this unconventional hero bring justice to the town.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't completely what I expected, though I wasn't sure what I was exactly anticipating with this.

I think the premier was okay, and I'm definitely looking forward to more episodes (and to see what role our lovely ladies will play in this).

Hazama and Goto are <3. I can see a beautiful bromance stewing.

I wasn't a fan of the actual animation (didn't seem as fluid to me), but it's not a big deal for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This first episode was so good and left me all smiling and such the whole way through. Masayoshi has such high energy and is purely exciting all the time, and extremely sincere, and the way Goto is there to render commentary and start to somehow looking like he's feeling alive and changing his views made it a blast. I hope we keep getting his calls about screwing up and needing for Goto to help him out.

There were also no bad scenes, the opening scene, then apartment invitation, and sharing the secret with Goto and Goto alone. I was pleased. Also, the animators obsession with continuously giving them up close and personal encounters more curry lines please.

I think its really raised the bar for quality this season wherein nothing else can really compare on the same level as this.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that was entertaining. So much lines about Curry that it made me hungry... <.<

Anyway I will continue to watch this. The relationship between the two main characters is really great and fun.

Not the best Anime of the season but fun.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spyair song, best opening of this fall. It's true that I wanted to be a cop before when I was watching animes. Let's see how famous he will get in 22 episodes.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode was good. It felt like an introduction, and nothing more. No real conclusions to draw about the plot. I like the characters, especially Goto. The animation and direction are first rate, very impressive. The characters all have such great facial expressions. I enjoyed this, it could potentially be one of the better shows this season.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    It wasn't completely what I expected, though I wasn't sure what I was exactly anticipating with this.
    I think I bought into the hype and was expecting something more like Tiger and Bunny. Real superhero's with real super powers is more what I expected. I like this more, it seems more human. Maybe this does turn into more of a superhero show. I hope it remains a show about how cynical and desensitized society has become about crime.

Best part: Gotou wondering if Kamen Rider were breaking helmet laws, or if their masks counted.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kait
    I think I bought into the hype and was expecting something more like Tiger and Bunny. Real superhero's with real super powers is more what I expected. I like this more, it seems more human. Maybe this does turn into more of a superhero show. I hope it remains a show about how cynical and desensitized society has become about crime.
    Haven't seen Tiger & Bunny. But I was also thinking something along the lines of "superheroes with superpowers". I would like to see a mix of both--a superhero show, but also addresses the cynicism and desensitization of crime by society.

I'm not disappointed though, and I like the route they're going. Hazama is adorable and so genuine, and him and Goto have great chemistry. This reminds me of Kickass, if anyone is familiar with the comic/movies, which simply made me love this series more.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; October 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only the first episode, and I love this anime already. Due to the poster, I also expected this to be about actual superheroes, but it's nice that the show is a little more grounded in reality.

I completely lost it when Harakiri Sunshine started "talking" to Hazama. That scene was hilarious.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was one hell of a umbrella hunt. LOL
    Anyway I'm liking even more this anime, also because it makes you reflect on your actions and on those of others.
    Nowadays society does things as if they won't have that much of an effect on the world or on the other individuals, which is a bit sad.
    The example of the umbrellas in this episode, while it was funny, it was also permeated by an aura of seriousness, since something as little as the theft of an umbrella, could be the justification for other minor crimes, which however when accumulated, could become more serious ones, leading society into chaos.
    That's just my opinion however and I might have read too much into it.
    I'll just conclude by saying that I really liked this episode and it seems that our Samurai Flamenco just got a new fan, pretty cute if I may add.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masayoshi and Goto keep hitting things off strong and the offer or declaration of friendship here, made for best scene in the second episode of an anime in the Fall 2013 season. Masayoshi such a good dude embodying many good and ideal traits and its easy to see why Goto is always sticking around and willing to lend support. I can too and just feel like cheering him on, which I eventually did. cool thing he did in the rehersal as well with the lines to calm himself down and get through it

Good all around and the songs on the ost are starting to become memorable.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode two was very good. I love that the brown haired genki idol is also a Red Axe otaku! I really want to see how that dynamic plays out. Great scene, when she grabbed Hazama's arm during the rehearsal. She's voiced by Tomatsu Haruka, so I automatically like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Haven't seen Tiger & Bunny. But I was also thinking something along the lines of "superheroes with superpowers". I would like to see a mix of both--a superhero show, but also addresses the cynicism and desensitization of crime by society.
    I started Tiger and Bunny, but never finished

Superficially there are a lot of similarities. The summary and key art made it seem like this would be influenced by, if not a rip of off, Tiger and Bunny. I'm a big fan of Omori, I think he's one of the best current TV anime director (along with Anohana director Nagai Tatsuyuki). I did not expect him to direct something as banal as a Tiger and Bunny rehash. I'm a little ambivalent about action series. I like action, and watch plenty, but prefer a slower pace. I like the direction Samumenco is taking, though I kind of think there will be more to the story than this. Episode two still felt like an introduction.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not disappointed though, and I like the route they're going. Hazama is adorable and so genuine, and him and Goto have great chemistry. This reminds me of Kickass, if anyone is familiar with the comic/movies, which simply made me love this series more.
    I haven't seen Kickass, but know what it's about. Gotou and Hazama really are a great combo. I like the contrast between Hazama's idealism and Gotou's realism.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 18, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast