Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Flamenco

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samurai Flamenco

Probably the least good episode so far though mainly like in most stories with similar plotlines the hero gets decreased screentime and sometimes comes out looking really awkward and out of place. Poor Masayoshi, he used to be front and center and now forced to the shadows .I dont know how he can recover from this unless she gets captured or has some shocking and dramatic event happen to her. If so then Masayoshi could use his newly acquired skills to do something especially since he isnt beat up as often anymore

Goto too had decreased time though at least it got made up for with the punch dodge and etc.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just when Hazama seems to be doing fine with the training, I can't believe there's a magical girl now She has a TASER attached to her wand, and I'm sure her actions could have her arrested for assault. LOL

Now that she seems to have developed a crush on Goto, things will be interesting now.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

This show is so relaxing. Finally Masayoshi won't be kicked around by our cocky Flamenco girl with her uniform fetish anymore... Seriously this girl has problems.
    On the other hand Masayoshi finally understood what a true super hero has to do! I guess...
    Furthermore Goto is the leader of a vigilante counceling now? Interesting.

Although... Why are there 3 Flamenco girls now...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 14, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My God, that scene after the ending made my day; the 3 flamenco girls. LOL
    Good episode and finally Masayoshi won't be forced to work with Mari, who still enjoys crushing other people's nuts. XD
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the jealously in the back with whoever is on the end of the text screen about Goto only being interested in Masayoshi was hilarious. Even more since she was like him not seeing Masayoshi was making him unhappy. I hope Goto and Masayoshi can meet back up and meet common ground again, was always the best part which I guess is certainly going to happen now that he finally parted ways with Flamenco girl. Flashy skills and great singing voice but pretty aggravating and making Samumenco take a backseat sulking wasnt good.

Kind of want more songs and more Masayoshi being happy.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how Masayoshi took action and decided that he will not be pushed around anymore. Great character development from him.

I'm still not sure why we haven't seen Goto's girlfriend so far. It seems like they're long distance, but he asked her out on a date so they don't seem to be living too far apart. My guess is that she'll become an important character later on, and that's why we haven't been introduced to her yet.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

Flamenco girls obsession with cops is pretty weird... She would've nailed him right there I'm sure of it... But classic Goto... Shooting her down like a boss.

Haha with Twitter and Facebook, being a hero sure is rough....

Fighting with office supplies... Damn this is too good...

PS: Those Flamenco girls scare the living crap out of me... So cute but also so... Ugh...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 6:

Flamenco girls obsession with cops is pretty weird... She would've nailed him right there I'm sure of it... But classic Goto... Shooting her down like a boss.

Haha with Twitter and Facebook, being a hero sure is rough....

Fighting with office supplies... Damn this is too good...

PS: Those Flamenco girls scare the living crap out of me... So cute but also so... Ugh...
    I agree with you about the Flamenco girls. LOL
    Anyway I really liked this episode and Goto was a boss in shooting Mari down. XD
    As for the rest, Masayoshi sure had a crazy night but thanks to that scientist, he pulled it off.
    It seems that things will get interesting from now on.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss our Goto Masayoshi dinner moments too separated these days, but at least seeing Masayoshi on patrol alone for once happened. Kind of funny and intense at times. loved the office supply weaponry, made it funny and actually kind of realistic of sorts. I was expecting lasers and high tech gadgetry when he introduced himself from some R&D Big company so that was a surprise.

The way they do the ending song, it almost seems like the scenes should play in the middle of the ending song, one verse, clip, then the next one to close it out.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This show always seems to defy my expectations. Every time it threatens to turn Masayoshi into a real superhero, it takes a sharp turn. The office supplies were an unexpected, great twist. They somehow made Samumenco look a little dorkier, and a little cooler, at the same time. I am thoroughly enjoying Mari's character. Best line was when she said (and I paraphrase) "let's blow off some more steam, umm, I mean fight for justice". I loved when she taught Morita the proper way to stomp on someone's nuts. Flirting with Goto was another great scene.

I would also like more scenes of Masayoshi and Goto together. They are a great combination, the innocent and the cynic. There friendship is the heart of the show. Goto rescuing Masayoshi was one of the episode highlights.

Sugita Tomokazu is doing amazing work as Goto. He shows again why he is one of the best male seiyuu.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 17, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    This show always seems to defy my expectations. Every time it threatens to turn Masayoshi into a real superhero, it takes a sharp turn. The office supplies were an unexpected, great twist. They somehow made Samumenco look a little dorkier, and a little cooler, at the same time. I am thoroughly enjoying Mari's character. Best line was when she said (and I paraphrase) "let's blow off some more steam, umm, I mean fight for justice". I loved when she taught Morita the proper way to stomp on someone's nuts. Flirting with Goto was another great scene.

I would also like more scenes of Masayoshi and Goto together. They are a great combination, the innocent and the cynic. There friendship is the heart of the show. Goto rescuing Masayoshi was one of the episode highlights.
    Theres just something I really love about how they do Masayoshi in this in terms of the writing side. Always brings a smile and make me care about him and his developments.

Quote Quote:
    Sugita Tomokazu is doing amazing work as Goto. He shows again why he is one of the best male seiyuu.
    Better than Yuki Kaji?!

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

That office supplies as Bat-gear like for Samumenco was the biggest, pleasant surprise. I was expecting Masayoshi to have some kind of weapon, but using office supplies is indeed a hilarious plot twist. The scene between Mari and Goto was kinda cringe-worthy for me, since I didn't think she has such a huge fetishes on police officers. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that their relationship progress further, considering that it would be a fun thing to see those two different personalities in a relationship.

And that last scene, I knew that was coming.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The office supplies were genius. They don't actually resemble weapons so he can't be charged with being in possession of them, but they can be pretty useful for defense.

Now there are three Flamenco Girls? You're outnumbered Samurai Flamenco! You need a sidekick too!!

There's a lot of ho yay recently though I won't go any further here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    The office supplies were genius. They don't actually resemble weapons so he can't be charged with being in possession of them, but they can be pretty useful for defense.

Now there are three Flamenco Girls? You're outnumbered Samurai Flamenco! You need a sidekick too!!

There's a lot of ho yay recently though I won't go any further here.
    I wonder if Goto will be in that position or if he will stay in his role, kind of liking him as the police ally for Samumenco and this tech guy for Samumenco.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I wonder if Goto will be in that position or if he will stay in his role, kind of liking him as the police ally for Samumenco and this tech guy for Samumenco.
    Oh yeah~! I guess Goto is a "sidekick" of sorts since he has helped Masayoshi several times even though he didn't need to. He also liked being in the Flamenco costume so you never know.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast