Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Flamenco

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samurai Flamenco

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Good eye! I didn't notice it.

The first gorilla guillotine villain was originally a normal person so it could be that all the other villains except for Torture are average humans.
    A running theory among some fans suggests that King Torture could potentially be Goto's Girlfriend. What a twist that would be.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If King Torture is Gotos girlfriend... Oh god... That would be the best twist ever.
    I hope she is using something to change her voice though.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    A running theory among some fans suggests that King Torture could potentially be Goto's Girlfriend. What a twist that would be.
    Goto's girlfriend being King Torture would be an excellent reason as to why we haven't seen her yet! She's jealous that Goto is spending all this time with Samurai Flamenco.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    If King Torture is Gotos girlfriend... Oh god... That would be the best twist ever.
    I hope she is using something to change her voice though.
    Perhaps the mask alters her voice if King Torture does turn out to be the girlfriend.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10:

Mari was completely broken by Torture... She deserved a little "push" though. Maybe she'll change now.
    Goto is so damn awesome. Why isn't he the main character? He is the true hero!

So they had to fight cyborgs in the end and won. What did it achive? Masayoshi revealed that he is SF, Mari is broken... Now what? Will he try to find the murderer of his parents now?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing Mari singing during the credits' roll, really creeped me out. XD
    Anyway it was an entertaining episode, but it's really a pity that we didn't know anything about King Torture......who was he in reality? How did he create those monster and modified himself if Earth's technology it's not as advanced as his?
    I do hope that we will get some answers in the next episodes.
    As for the rest, Goto is an awesome character and Mari, well, she really needed a character development and now I wonder how she will behave.
    Can't wait for the next episode already, especially not that Masayoshi announced to the whole Japan that he's SF.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really see them addressing the outstanding issues with King Torture maybe, leaving it at surgery and preparations seemed to be enough at least in the context of this animes universe.

But in any event, excellent episode, Moe rising up to the call of duty and putting on a brave face was highly commendable. At least she is still willing to be friends with Flamenco girl anyway, but I wonder if they'll just leave everything to Samumenco.

Also it looked like they really prettied him up for the reveal scene there.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Goto's girlfriend asking him out on a date while he was trying to stop the rocket was funny. It turned out that she wasn't King Torture after all, but I'm still curious as to why she hasn't made an appearance.

We can divide the show into multiple stories: the first part was about a superhero in a non-superhero world, the second was a superhero in a superhero-like world and there's now a third part that we have yet to see. My guess is that it deals with the consequences of having his identity uncovered.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I dont really see them addressing the outstanding issues with King Torture maybe, leaving it at surgery and preparations seemed to be enough at least in the context of this animes universe.
    I agree. Unlike the other superhero shows that the anime is referencing, Samurai Flamenco has a limited number of episodes so it won't delve too much into miscellaneous details.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, that's it, I'm done, you've done it "Samurai Flamenco", you were original in the beginning but you managed to join my list of dropped animes...

This episode looks horrible if you look the quality of the animation...

Damn it, since King Torture and all, the show continues to drop in quality and now I think it just reached the bottom.

It started at episode 8 and now it's done, the scenarist has lost his last brain cell...

R.I.P. Samumenco, episode 01-11, you had potential...
    Last edited by BobobVanBlob; December 19, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11:

The Flamengers? Power Rangers rip off much?

That escalated quickly... Even more monsters... The story got out of control pretty fast. I never thought that "master" would be a real "hero" too. He is still an idiot though...

The battle with the theme song was good but still... It is weird... That Megazord.. Power Rangers 2.0

What will happen to the Flamenco Girls? Is Samurai Flamenco gone for good? Goto-san? Even more important: His girlfriend?!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that oST played during From Beyonds's PV. LOL
    Quite the power ranger-like episode this week and yeah, things pretty much escalated quickly. XD
    It was all good and I can't wait to see what will happen next week to Masayoshi, considering that he will have to face his manager.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Red = Black > Blue > Green > Pink. Of course the one voiced by KENN (Anji) would be my favorite, but Souchi is a close second. They made him blush even which was just wow great.

So many minor things made this an entire product of epicness. It was even wholly entertaining, the character song for the Flamengers in the background, the posing, , larger than life antics, and even the fancy pvs for FROM BEYOND. Ill have to go out and buy the merchandise and what not so we can hope this gets a second season, it would be really good to give them a full season of just the antics at this point in time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaname says at the end he was working with From Beyond

Hazama himself was wondering what is going on, and the villains appear on TV. I hope Goto will still be important though, and I can't wait to see Hazama with Ishihara-san. There is no more place for Flamenco Girls with those new heroes.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; December 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Samurai Flamenco is now a glorious mess, and I say this out of love. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me that it would be this crazy while I was watching the first few episodes.

Speaking of which, I miss the plot line where Hazama was a hero in a world where superheroes didn't exist. The show could have gone far with that premise alone so I'm not sure why the writers had to add monsters and super villains when they weren't there in the first place. It could be a story where Samurai Flamenco takes on corrupt individuals like Akumetsu, develop the bromance between Hazama & Goto or it could be about managing duel identities.

Even more important: His girlfriend?!
    Goto's girlfriend is the primary reason why I'm still watching the show. LOL I just have to know why she hasn't appeared yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Goto's girlfriend is the primary reason why I'm still watching the show. LOL I just have to know why she hasn't appeared yet.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised anymore if she is the final villain.
    But apart from that I'm rather unsatisfied. I never expected this would turn into a Power Ranger rip off.
    It feels off and I don't know if they want me to feel like that or not. oô

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I wouldn't be surprised anymore if she is the final villain.
    Me too. I expect Goto's girlfriend to be the big bad of the series. I would be VERY disappointed if she didn't appear at all.

Quote Quote:
    But apart from that I'm rather unsatisfied. I never expected this would turn into a Power Ranger rip off.
    It feels off and I don't know if they want me to feel like that or not. oô
    Same here. I thought the King Torture plot line was a little out there, but it was still believable because he turned out to be a normal human who was influenced by evil just how Hazama was influenced by justice. The guillotine gorilla and the other henchmen used to be human as well.

The show started out with Hazama trying to be a superhero in a world where superheroes only exist on television so I don't know what the writers are trying to do by adding elements that weren't foreshadowed at all. If they were going to introduce monsters, they could have at least mentioned supernatural occurrences or mysterious killings in earlier episodes so it would make sense later on. The fact that they haven't done so makes the writing bad and inconsistent.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast