Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coppelion

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Coppelion

Coppelion

Episodes: 13
    Aired: Oct 2, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Starchild Records, GoHands
    Genres: Action, Sci-Fi
    Based on a Manga: Coppelion

Synopsis:

In 2016, a meltdown of a nuclear power plant creates a big catastrophe in Tokyo. 20 years later, the city has become a ghost town due to the high levels of radiation. From that area a distress signal is received. The Self Defense forces dispatch three girls from the special unit Coppelion to search for survivors. But why aren't they wearing any protection against radiation?
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; September 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coppelion

Raws are out. The first subs should be available later today.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Episode one was excellent! The animation was stupendous, beautifully designed, colored, and directed. The voice acting was also excellent, to be expected with Tomatsu Haruka and Hanazawa Kana starring. It's basically a prologue episode, an introduction to the world, and the characters. There's a lot to like about episode one, Coppelion is off to a promising start.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coppelion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Raws are out. The first subs should be available later today.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Episode one was excellent! The animation was stupendous, beautifully designed, colored, and directed. The voice acting was also excellent, to be expected with Tomatsu Haruka and Hanazawa Kana starring. It's basically a prologue episode, an introduction to the world, and the characters. There's a lot to like about episode one, Coppelion is off to a promising start.
    Yes, I agree with you, this anime is really interesting and I always like series in which there is some disaster brought upon humanity or by it.
    About the Seiyuu, I knew I have heard them somewhere and in fact they turned out to be the ones you said.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode because this series is really thrilling!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Coppelion

For those interested, the OP is already up:

Really good first episode, the animation was splendid. Sometimes the surroundings and background almost felt real. Can't say I'm surprised, considering the team behind it made "K", with the difference that they most likely have a way better story to adapt this time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt understand the need for making the lines so thick as the characters often stuck out like sore thumbs. I think there is potential here but this episode just didnt show any of it. With the visual issues (nice backgrounds) and the plot being boring, it was challenge to keep interest or even want to get through. I hope episode two takes off or else it will be a struggle this season.

I wish they made a K2 though instead of this, I loved that so much.
    Last edited by SharkBait; October 04, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time watching a GoHands show, and I was very impressed with the art and animation. The plot is interesting, but my eyes kept focusing on the backgrounds more than anything. I like the characters thus far. The voice actresses are doing a splendid job. The plot is intriguing and I'm curious to see where they go with this

Different people have different tastes--I didn't mind the outlined characters (though I'm also used to it from Shingeki).
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; October 04, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wasn't particularly impressed with the first episode, though it had a somewhat interesting end. I'll watch more episodes, since the episode indeed looked like an epilogue, not giving too many details, if they did at all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    This is my first time watching a GoHands show, and I was very impressed with the art and animation. The plot is interesting, but my eyes kept focusing on the backgrounds more than anything. I like the characters thus far. The voice actresses are doing a splendid job. The plot is intriguing and I'm curious to see where they go with this

Different people have different tastes--I didn't mind the outlined characters (though I'm also used to it from Shingeki).
    GoHands is good. The Mardock Scramble movies are really cool, with a very similar animation style. I did not watch K, probably there most famous anime. I loved the thick outline. It makes it look more like manga art. The sharp contrast is really cool, and different. I loved how detailed they made the ruins of Tokyo.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

K is nothing special, it has good animation and VA but that's all. The last minutes made the episode for me, animation is good and it's beautiful. Let's see if the story will be good enough.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

K had a close to nonexistent plot, mostly hot bishounen (voiced by well-known VA's) jumping around in circles. Bland and boring, with the exception of one or two episodes which were okay. From what I've seen, people who read the manga (Coppelion) like the plot. Quite a few said it's moving a bit slow in the manga, but that the first episode was pretty fast and they like that pace. Let's see where it goes, but I'm pretty sure it will surpass K in most aspects.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So what happened to Tokyo? Some kind of nuclear experiment that went wrong?

The surrounding looked very awesome but the girls didn't fit... It was like they were in the wrong Anime...

The plot... Yeah 3 young girls in high school uniforms, looking for survivors in a deserted town. Is this a field trip...? It felt like they wanted me to look up their skirts.

Anyway I will watch the second episode... Let's see if this will be interesting.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    So what happened to Tokyo? Some kind of nuclear experiment that went wrong?

The surrounding looked very awesome but the girls didn't fit... It was like they were in the wrong Anime...

The plot... Yeah 3 young girls in high school uniforms, looking for survivors in a deserted town. Is this a field trip...? It felt like they wanted me to look up their skirts.

Anyway I will watch the second episode... Let's see if this will be interesting.
    For what I understood, it seems that the humanity created something that went out of control and thus destroyed Tokyo (along with other cities in the world).
    Thus the only people who can enter in the places contaminated by the radiations are these genetically modified girls....
    Anyway the premises of this story are good; I just hope that the story won't be disappointing, because it would be a pity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never saw K and have had absolutely no desire to see it.

I can see people not liking the first episode of Coppelion, tbh I was quite puzzled to see the first episode end there, but I find the concept interesting enough to continue.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The disaster is actually something very straightforward, that realistically could happen in real life. Not experiments, nor anything out of science fiction. A Coppelion anime was originally going to come out in 2011. The disaster that turned Tokyo into a ghost town was uncomfortably similar to current events, at the time, and production was canceled.

---------- Post added October 09, 2013 at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2013 at 12:29 AM ----------

Episode two was excellent, a very emotional follow up. This episode should dispel any notion that this will be an upbeat action series, full of plucky heroines, and happy endings.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's funny, I actually wasn't quite sure what to think of episode 2, it felt like i was trying to get me to feel sad, but, I didn't get much out of it, I hope the nxt episodes are better.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast