Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yowamushi Pedal

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yowamushi Pedal

Title: Yowamushi Pedal
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Oct 8, 2013 to ?
    Producers: TMS Entertainment, Toho Company
    Genres: Sports, Comedy, Drama
    Based on a Manga: Yowamushi Pedal

Summary:

Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari—a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries—to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamchari up a steep road...
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 22, 2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: art fixed

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yowamushi Pedal

Red hair and the guy behind him are my favorites so far. Really curious to see what this series is. Glad its picked uo for crunchyroll for me.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually I don't watch sports anime, but this one seems to be promising and the comedy is hilarious (seriously, what was he singing?). LOL
    Looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Imaizumi is incredible and made the episode quite a blast providing great scenes blushing even and just being completely amazing with regards to biking. I hope to see more and am curious how he joins the club as well as gets Sakamichi involved too.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The MC's glasses are unbreakable or something? That black haired dude calls the MC an otaku despite being a bicycle geek himself... The girl is also a bicycle geek. Good episode, it's funny and all the characters are likable. That Hime Hime at the end was the funniest part
    The leader of their group looks like the bishounen of Btooom.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had not planned on watching this, but changed my mind after dropping Kikou Shoujo. I'm glad I did, this is a really likable show. Onoda singing "hime, hime" while he rode up the hill was also my favorite scene. Very funny.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have to give it to Yowamushi Pedal for best episode 2 of the three sports anime that Im watching. Extremely suspenseful the whole way through and a good ending. Imaizumi Shunsuke is probably best new characters in a sports anime this season and makes every moment of screentime simply amazing. Why is he so well designed.

In any event, bicycles are so suprisingly deep, definitely gaining a new appreciation for them and it seems the writers must really have a rather comprehensive experience dealing with them and making the heart of bicycling be felt even here at two episodes in.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the 2nd episode was good as the first one and I think that both Oonoda and Imaizumi are funny characters, being geeks. LOL
    I wonder who will win the race; considering the OP and END it seems that Oonoda will lose, but will get a recommendation for the Ciclism club.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As good as I expected. I saw some volume covers and color pages of the series before the anime was announced and took a short look at the series. I was on the verge of starting the manga when the anime was announced, so I told myself to wait. Sure it's going to be even better from here on, so far it's everything I hoped for. I mean an Otaku who's talented at riding a bike? That was still missing in my books \o/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, these 3 are definitely otakus. I am liking Miki more and more but I found her eyes were odd in that ep. Onoda is becoming aware of his talent. I don't know who I'd want to win, it's obvious Onoda will join the Cyclism club but...

The extras at the end are very good.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Yowamushi Pedal

Aw its like Masayoshi (samumenco) who didnt have any friends either but also now with Imaizumi and Onoda. Liked this three episode opening and it was extremely worth it. Mixed feelings on the biking though, (little effects added with the pedal like the wind and sound though really made it special but otherwise character drama was better than the actual biking). .

Though finally my two favorite characters in the franchise are ever closer to uniting animated, hyped for Naruko and Imaizumi.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was expected for the race to end like that, but as someone else pointed out, Oonoda is realizing to have a special talent, so he'll soon join the Cyclism club.
    All in all it was a good episode and Oonoda's Otaku-ness makes always laugh so hard. XD

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Episode 4 Spoilers show
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; October 28, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4 was quite good for Naruko is an excellent addition to the cast. I think his character add something special and unique to the three characters introduced so far. While Imaizumi seemed to be focused on being more well rounded and probably hardcore, Naruko seems more concerned for speed and enduring. Good personality and really knows how to puss Onoda forward. Hopefully we can see all three come together sooner than later

I wonder if that is true about riding close together makes it easier like that. I wouldnt mind, if I had the time, to try to cycle like that and see for myself. Is the writer of the source material really experienced in cycling?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was annoying at first, by the end of the episode I really liked Naruko. He's got a nice edge to him that the other characters don't quite have. He balances the serious Imaizumi and goofy Onoda well. I really liked how he and Onoda raced as a team.

Everything from that episode was true. Drafting is a real technique in bicycling, and car racing. Here's a nice explanation: http://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/aerodynamics2.html

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast