Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Time

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Golden Time

Golden Time
    Genre: Comedy, Romance
    Production: J.C. Staff
    Director: Kon Chiaki
    Series Composition: Shimo Fumihiko
    Starring: Horie Yui, Furukawa Makoto, Ishikawa Kaito
    Starts: October 3, 2013

Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. "Freshman, congratulations", was all she said, and then left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.

Based on novels by the author of Toradora. From the director of Higurashi and chief writer of Clannad.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Golden Time

Okay, it seems this anime will be an excellent Romantic comedy and Mitsuo is already my favourite character with is "blahblahblahblah". XD
    Kaba being a Yandere of somekind is funny and I can't wait to see all the reactions Mitsuo will have while confronting her. LOL
    This anime season is full of wins, at least for me.
    Last edited by Zasz; October 04, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

"Mitsuo blah blah" scene was indeed epic. It felt perfectly realistic.
    I wonder why Mitsuo is keeping so much distance, though. It's the very reality itself that the girl he'll be with will always "Mitsuo blah blah" him till the end of his life. He should wake up from surreal dreams already!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a great first ep. It reminded me a lot of Toradora!

Mitsuo was hilarious with his "blah blah blah blah blah". I really like Koko, and it seems she's going to eventually hit it off with the main character (who kinda looks like Haruto from Valvrave >.>; ). I've been looking for a good rom-com to watch for a while, and hopefully this one will be it.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitsuo is easily my favourite character so far... So many funny faces and that "blah blah" moment...

Chinami will be a supporting character... I don't care. She is my favourite female so far.

Kouko is... noisy... Well this is a two cour show so will get a lot of character development.

I wonder if that cliffhanger was necessary though...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 05, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitsuo, don't scream like that in your classroom! It gave me a Toradora vibe. I understand Banri excitement but is it really a priority to fall in love?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Mitsuo, don't scream like that in your classroom! It gave me a Toradora vibe. I understand Banri excitement but is it really a priority to fall in love?
    That Toradora vibe is normal, considering that the author is the same.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode was a little slow, but this has a lot of potential. "Mitsuo blah, blah, blah. Mitsuo blah, blah, blah" was really funny, so was the club recruitment scene. Golden Time has potential. Now that introductions are out of the way it should be a really good show.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I understand Banri excitement but is it really a priority to fall in love?
    Isn't meeting girls the first thing on every guy's mind when they start college?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Isn't meeting girls the first thing on every guy's mind when they start college?
    Eh, really? How many guys here can confirm this?

Actually, it's a little different. Usually guys want to meet girls but their reasons are not "pure" like Banri's. He is looking for true love apparently. He could have fallen in love in his hometown too, it's weird...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he's looking for a Tokyo girl, specifically? I know people who are all "I don't want to date someone from my hometown and I'm going to college far away so I don't have to".

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, Banri looks like more of a romantic who wants to be bathed in intoxicating feelings that love brings along. "I want to fall in love" is a direct reference to that wish. He'll soon come to realize that feelings do not blossom in such a straightforward manner

I have higher hopes for Mitsuo in this anime, though. He is probably going to be the locomotive character, with Kaga coming in as a close second.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

As a guy attending college myself, looking for someone to be loved was one of the top priorities while enrolling into college. It's superficial reason but I'm convinced that I'm not the only one. When you're in the transitioning period between high school and college, falling in love is a sign for change of your former self in high school. At least that's how I personally felt.

Going back to the Anime, I like the first episode, it's fun. I'm hoping that Linda and that girl in pink hair bring substance to the plot as much as Kouko - especially when it comes to Banri's love life.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you're not the only one. Looking to meet girls is stereotypical of college freshman. Doesn't matter if they are looking for love, or for a hook up. Looking for girls, and partying, is pretty much the premise of every movie about college ever made. If love were not on his mind, I would have called bullshit on the character of Banri. Plenty of people are looking for a girlfriend, not just sex, when they start college. It's a matter of want, and need. Banri is more the type to want, and need, companionship, rather than a friend for just the night.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Tea club... Yeah... Right... But damn the scene were Chinami and Mitsuo wanted to save Banri from them was dramatic! x'D
    That clubs knows how to party though...
    Oh... so that's what happened to Keima after Kami nomi ended...

Koko cares only for one thing... Furthermore she is too pretty... Those are the reasons that she hasn't found new friends yet apart from Banri.

Linda seems to be very cute and nice. I think she might fall in love with Banri at some point in the story... I just hope nobody breaks her heart...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I think Banri might break Linda's heart since it appears he's going to get together with Koko. And it looks like he knew Linda from the past or they have met before.

The party scene was pretty funny and Chinami is really cute.

I'm not sure how I feel about Koko at this point, and can't really tell if she is lonely or fishing for sympathy from Banri so he'll spill about Mitsuo. I'm sure she's lonely, but she's so fixated on finding Mitsuo that she's ignoring everything else (and even forgetting Banri's name, although she could just be bad at names). But I guess we'll see. Looks like next ep will have a few Koko/Banri scenes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast