Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Golden Time

  1. #31
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It seemed like his confession slipped out, that he was lost in the moment.
    Yeah, but it was still unexpected.
    Either way the OP hinted at the romance between the two of them, so it was pretty much a given. XD

  2. #32
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Yeah, but it was still unexpected.
    Either way the OP hinted at the romance between the two of them, so it was pretty much a given. XD
    I don't think he even expected to confess. I think he and Kouko will fall in love, but it will take a long time. There are too many obstacles. She has to get over Mitsuo first. Despite rejecting her, I don't think she is ready yet. I do hope she joins the Festival Club. She needs a life independent of his before she can move on. The love triangle will be more interesting if Linda, Kouko, and Banri are all in the same club. Kouko also looked hilarious, and adorable, trying to dance.

  3. #33
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Episode 05:

    I like the fact that the "old" Banri is watching over his body. It's pretty obvious to me that Linda was his girlfriend... The look on her face when she told him to go to Tokyo with her seems to proof that. Still pretty heartbreaking if you think how strong she must've been... Not telling him who she is...
    I wonder what the reasons were... I'll get my tissue box ready, just in case.

    Koko rejecting Banri was a given too. As Kaiten said, she needs time and I guess after Banri finds out the truth about Linda, he'll need time too...

    PS: Mitsuos facial expressions are amazing... He was a perfect copy of The Scream.
    Koko dancing like a robot was comedy gold too. :3
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 01, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

  4. #34
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Koko saying "It's not like I still love Mitsuo" after two days only was downright surreal. However, dragging Banri around as her source of amusement and get-over toy was pretty realistic. As a saving grace, she knew what she did was wrong, though.

    As much as I hate him already, Mitsuo's childish stunt in this episode was the best. It would be an epic fail if he realized he actually loved Koko after the latter fell in love with Banri.

    ---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Linda Koko rejecting Banri was a given too. As Kaiten said, she needs time and I guess after Banri finds out the truth about Linda, he'll need time too...

    PS: Mitsuos facial expressions are amazing... He was a perfect copy of The Scream.
    Linda Koko dancing like a robot was comedy gold too. :3
    You are too fixated on Linda

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    You are too fixated on Linda
    Haha I guess I am... She is my favourite character so far... Furthermore I think it happened because for me Linda is a name which is easier to remember then Koko... It just felt right to write Linda...

  7. #36
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    I really love this show. It's refreshing how emotionally complex, and difficult, Golden Time can be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Koko saying "It's not like I still love Mitsuo" after two days only was downright surreal. However, dragging Banri around as her source of amusement and get-over toy was pretty realistic. As a saving grace, she knew what she did was wrong, though.
    Kouko is acting like anyone would after getting rejected. It seems like she really wants to move on, only she isn't ready yet. She's been attached to Mitsuo for so long that giving up on him is easier said than done. I do think she really meant what she said, "it's not as though I still love him. It's just that... my emotions still feel paralyzed." Her brain wants to move on, her heart is not yet ready. I don't think she's using Banri. I believe she genuinely loves, and cares for, Banri. She seemed moved that he was using their matching mirrors of friendship. She joined the Matsuri Club with him. She genuinely feels comfortable around him, and is a real friend. Kouko is complicated, she's a real person. She can return his friendship, but she is not ready to return his love. I think that will come. When she broke down into tears, I think that was a genuine sign that she was comfortable with him, and ready to show him her private side.

    As much as I hate him already, Mitsuo's childish stunt in this episode was the best. It would be an epic fail if he realized he actually loved Koko after the latter fell in love with Banri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 05:

    I like the fact that the "old" Banri is watching over his body. It's pretty obvious to me that Linda was his girlfriend... The look on her face when she told him to go to Tokyo with her seems to proof that. Still pretty heartbreaking if you think how strong she must've been... Not telling him who she is...
    I wonder what the reasons were... I'll get my tissue box ready, just in case.
    I liked that too. There was something sad about it, that disconnect between mind and body. It's a nice metaphor for going away to college. Wanting to grow up, trying to break from the past, feeling like you've changed, but longing for home, and family. Normally amnesia is such a cliche, here it works.

    Quote Quote:
    Koko rejecting Banri was a given too. As Kaiten said, she needs time and I guess after Banri finds out the truth about Linda, he'll need time too...
    It was inevitable. He confessed the same night Mitsuo rejected her.

    Quote Quote:
    PS: Mitsuos facial expressions are amazing... He was a perfect copy of The Scream.
    Koko dancing like a robot was comedy gold too. :3
    That was an incredibly funny scene. Kokou's overacting, and Mitsuo's dread was classic.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 01, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #37
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Just caught up on this one. Boy, it's got a lot of iron's in the fire when it comes to emotional stuff. I'm enjoyed that aspect of it quite a bit too. Though I'm not sure about the casper commentary thing that just got introduced, I could do without that personally.

    Regardless it's going to be interesting to see if Linda is the one who hit him with the motor scooter, they are making it so obvious that I'm starting to half think that it will turn out to be a red herring.

    ----------------------

    By the way, this may go without saying but, I totally would have joined the Tea club.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 01, 2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  10. #38
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Mitsuo and Kaga are indeed childhood friends, I need Mitsuo GIFs.

    Kaga constantly reminds Banri that she rejected him, they are acting like a couple actually, it's as if he was her boyfriend. BAnri's relationship with Linda becomes more interesting... but it means he forgot about her two times? , I have the impression it's moving too fast but the LN is still ongoing. I hope she'll be the winner at the end, I hope...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  11. #39
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Kouko is acting like anyone would after getting rejected. It seems like she really wants to move on, only she isn't ready yet. She's been attached to Mitsuo for so long that giving up on him is easier said than done. I do think she really meant what she said, "it's not as though I still love him. It's just that... my emotions still feel paralyzed." Her brain wants to move on, her heart is not yet ready. I don't think she's using Banri. I believe she genuinely loves, and cares for, Banri. She seemed moved that he was using their matching mirrors of friendship. She joined the Matsuri Club with him. She genuinely feels comfortable around him, and is a real friend. Kouko is complicated, she's a real person. She can return his friendship, but she is not ready to return his love. I think that will come. When she broke down into tears, I think that was a genuine sign that she was comfortable with him, and ready to show him her private side.
    I don't think everyone would be so willing to move on after so little time passed, though. Especially for Koko, who has been obsessed with Mitsuo for a decade or so, it's not only difficult to give up, but it's also difficult to be willing to do so. That's what I referred to as surreal.
    "Using someone" is not necessarily a bad term. You need support from your friends to get over things. However, roundabout answers like hers will only break people, normally. Banri is lucky in that sense, though, since he never planned to confess or maybe he never gave what he felt a thought before speaking them aloud. He is not going to be badly affected by this. He has his own problems, after all.

  12. #40
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Kouko sure is constantly reminding Banri that he's just a friend...........for now. LOL
    Anyway I quite liked this episode and is it me or Linda was the one who caused Banri to lose all his memories?
    That scooter is very similar to the one we saw in that scene....
    It would also explains why Linda is hesitant in saying the truth to Banri; she's feeling regret for what happened and she thinks she's not worthy to be Banri's friend/boyfriend....
    Either way things are getting interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.

    P.S: That robot dance was awesome. XD

  13. #41
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Ok, this is the first episode of Golden Time I haven't enjoyed.

    I mean, good lord..

    Spoiler: Ep 6 spoilers show


    Maybe I'm just insensitive but I'm getting a little disgusted with the way he's behaving.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  14. #42
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    I'm surprised you are only troubled with Banri's reaction
    I have problems with how story has developed so far. Mitsuo rejection was too quick. Now, in this episode, Mitsuo confessing and getting rejected to Chinami was also too quick. Now we have Koko confessing to Banri and next week, they are holding hands Also, not getting "spirit Banri"s words at all. He said that Linda only saw him as a friend, but it doesn't look anywhere near to be the case.

    This show needs a twist in the plot or else it'll just become dull in short time.

  15. #43
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I'm surprised you are only troubled with Banri's reaction
    I have problems with how story has developed so far. Mitsuo rejection was too quick. Now, in this episode, Mitsuo confessing and getting rejected to Chinami was also too quick. Now we have Koko confessing to Banri and next week, they are holding hands Also, not getting "spirit Banri"s words at all. He said that Linda only saw him as a friend, but it doesn't look anywhere near to be the case.

    This show needs a twist in the plot or else it'll just become dull in short time.
    I suppose, I'm just used to those other kinds of things. Rapid fire emotional developments like that are odd, and a bit rushed, but not something I'd get bothered by really. Golden Time is basically an anime soap opera, so I came into it expecting that.

    What I did not expect was a bathroom stall version of...

    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #44
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    One of my favorite confession scenes ever. Linda-senpai is nice, but I'm rooting for Kouko. Banri is moodier than he original seemed. I'd like to see more flashbacks about the old Banri. He seems to have had some social hang ups that new Banri has forgotten. Despite his outbursts in this episode, he does seem to have a better sense of his own self worth.

    Pushing Yana and Kouko into the Tea Club party was twisted. Well played, Banri. "Okachi Nami" is a welcome addition to every episode she's in. Chinami rejecting Yana was as brutal as Kouko's confession was cute.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 09, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

  18. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Golden Time

    Well, that was fast; we knew all along that things would have become like this, but still.....
    Anyway it's not like I didn't like the episode, but there's something nin it that seems off; perhaps it's just me but I think all of what happened in this episode, should have come later.
    I hope you understand what I mean.
    As for Banri, I think that her behaviour was just the product of the pent up tension, gathered after discovering that Linda is someone that he knew.
    Well, that's all I wanted to say.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts