Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Time

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Golden Time

OMG, what kind of tea club is that? XD
    Nice and funny episode, it was really entertaining to watch.
    Linda to me seems to be already infatuated with Banri, but i fear that she will have her heart broken, considering that Banri will eventually date Kaga (that's at least what I think).
    Talking about Kaga herself, the reason she doesn't have many friends is what you already said, she's too obsessed on Mitsuo and her overpowering aura keeps the others away from her; as for her looking for sympaty.....I don't know, she might be doing this in order to have someone who will always tell her what Mitsuo is doing, but I feel like that she's also pretty lonely.
    That's why Iwont't think that she's a manipulative person...
    Anyway I'm looking forward to the next episode.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What a tea club! And I love that Oka-chan nickname, the girls in this show are awesome, I am feeling really sorry for Kaga now, I find Mitsuo a little cruel, he should talk to her a little at least, even via cellphone. But if she is really that manipulative... She finally remembered Banri's name at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Linda seems to be very cute and nice. I think she might fall in love with Banri at some point in the story... I just hope nobody breaks her heart...
    This is actually the reason why I stopped watching Shoujo adaptations focused on romance, it wasn't good for my own heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Koko at this point, and can't really tell if she is lonely or fishing for sympathy from Banri so he'll spill about Mitsuo. I'm sure she's lonely, but she's so fixated on finding Mitsuo that she's ignoring everything else (and even forgetting Banri's name, although she could just be bad at names). But I guess we'll see. Looks like next ep will have a few Koko/Banri scenes.
    She is fixated on Mitsuo but the others are avoiding her too, they see her as an unattainable Ojou-chan. They should do something too... It will probably have its importance later but there is a reason why she excused when she tried to bribe Banri.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

That club has serious problems... <.<

Wow Banri had quite the past...That was a bit unexpected. So that "cliffhanger" in episode 1 was a flashback... He was waiting for someone there...
    I alreay see a "I'm your girlfriend but you have forgotten me" plot line in the future...

Linda appeared again... <3

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, those guys must have few screws loose in their brains. XD
    Anyway I really appreciated this episode, especially because we got to know Banri's past, which I too think will be an important factor for the development of the story.
    The moment in which Kaga and Banri met up with Linda was funny though: "Barbara?" "It's Linda!". LOL

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true that this club seemed to be too perfect... Banri really is amnesiac, what is Barbara doing here...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 18, 2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Double Posts

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm particularly impressed by Banri's approach to his predicament. He doesn't give up on the past memories, yet he also doesn't want to have what he lived through after awakening to a new world.
    It seems that Mitsuo's ignorance is off the charts, which is a sad part, considering Kaga's feelings.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    It's true that this club seemed to be too perfect... Banri really is amnesiac, what is Barbara doing here...
    Linda

The University Seminar House was near the cult's facility. That's where Banri and Kaga were headed. The Matsuri Club must be using the Seminar House for a function. I assume Kaga and Banri will be joining them soon.

I love this show. Kaga is so cute, and funny. Once she's away from Mitsuo she's so sweet and lively. I don't think she understands yet that she acts more like herself when Matsuo is not around. Banri's escape plan really was perfect. The best part though was when Kaga came back, and refused to leave without him.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, in an episode, Mitsuo shut the door for Kaga completely, stating she likes Oka. Banri confessed to Kaga and also found about his past somehow.
    For a two-cour romance, I felt like too much stuff happened in just one episode and the pace was over the board. Curious to see what they have in store to keep this interesting, now that they have cut off the Mitsuo path this early into the anime.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Koko don't hurt Oka-chan! Seriously she was creepy, I understand Mitsuo now. Linda confirmed for childhood friend, I feel bad for her. Still waiting to see Oka-chan confessing her love to 2D-kun .
    Banri fell in love rather quickly.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; October 25, 2013 at 01:13 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Linda really was his old girlfriend... Like I thought... Well THAT will complicate things. In advance: Poor Linda...

I really disliked Koko here... Yeah she was hurt and stuff but she was a rea b*tch to Oka! ò___ó

That confession was really fast... Really wanna know what happens next.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 25, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Kokou, even more because she's a complicated character. The way she treated Oka was inexcusable, and Kouko knew it. That's what makes her such an interesting character. She's flawed, she can't control herself around Mitsuo, she knows it, but she can't stop herself. Something about her feels so human. I love her when she's with Banri. I don't think she's ready to give up on Mituso, it's too sudden. This show doesn't seem the type to take the easy way out. The love triangle between Banri, Linda, and Kokou should be a good one, so should the one between Mitsuo, Oka, and Kouko.

I loved the Nana reference! My first thought was Linda cosplay

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt really bad for Oka-chan this episode. She was just there and didn't warrant or deserve any of Koko's negativity.

That said, I don't hate Koko, and I agree with Kait. She's a complex character. She's very neurotic, and I see her having 'real' emotions, in a way. The guy she pretty much built her life around wants to be with someone else, and there's nothing she can really do about it. I do feel bad for her.

Linda being Banri's ex-girlfriend or girlfriend or whatever is something I thought was going to happen too, but I can't wait to see the developments around that.

LOL @ the NANA reference.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I felt really bad for Oka-chan this episode. She was just there and didn't warrant or deserve any of Koko's negativity.
    Oka-chan is so likable, that scene was hard to watch.

Quote Quote:
    That said, I don't hate Koko, and I agree with Kait. She's a complex character. She's very neurotic, and I see her having 'real' emotions, in a way. The guy she pretty much built her life around wants to be with someone else, and there's nothing she can really do about it. I do feel bad for her.
    Kouko seems like a very high-strung, slightly OCD person. She seems like the type who feels uncomfortable if she is not completely organized, if things don't go as she planned, or if anything unexpected happens. She's been planning on marrying Mitsuo since she was very little. In her head, the idea that Mitsuo might not return her feelings, must seem inconceivable. Even if she can understand on a logical level, the idea is so upsetting that whenever she sees him, she boils over.

Quote Quote:
    Linda being Banri's ex-girlfriend or girlfriend or whatever is something I thought was going to happen too, but I can't wait to see the developments around that.
    I wonder. Wouldn't it be funny if that were also unrequited love? What if, just like Mitsuo, Banri never returned Linda's feelings, and she followed him to school? She seems the aggressor in those pictures, and he the hapless victim.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I love Kayano Ai, Linda's VA. She's one of my favorites. It's hard to recognize, but she was also the voice of Menma. Lucy, from Servant x Service, too.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Golden Time

Well done, Koko that was really a flawless Yandere impression. LOL
    Anyway I really liked this episode and also from point of view that confession was unexpected.
    I know that Banri was obviously infatuated of her, but saying that he likes her after, what, some weeks? It must have been one hell of a "love at first sight". XD
    To conclude, it seems we will be having some plot development with Linda being an old friend/girlfriend of Banri.....either way I feel sorry for Linda...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Golden Time

It seemed like his confession slipped out, that he was lost in the moment.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast