Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Golden Time

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Golden Time

I know I wanted drama but all at once? Paradise lost is the perfect title for this episode.
    Koko being angry could have more than one reason. First of all she hates it when somebody lies to her or rather keeps something a secret. She loves Banri and just wanted him to trust her. So imagine how she felt when she found out the truth.
    Finally the truth is out for everyone (Apart from 2D-kun. ).
    Lindas breakdown was perfect. We all knew that she loved Banri but having it confirmed coupled with those emotions... Splendid.

Looking at the preview though... Seems like things won't stay that dark... Too bad actually.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

And just for the record: #TeamLinda all the way.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I do hope that Banri and Koko will resolve this situation ASAP, because honestly, I'm getting tired to see Banri losing his mind and Kouko getting hurt because of it.
    It seems like it's a cycle that will never end....
    Anyway the episode itself wasn't bad, but for the reason I said above, I also found it repetitive.
    Still, I love Nana-senpai; after Linda she's the second best character of the show, along with 2D-kun. XD
    I wonder what will happen next and I can't wait to find it out.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 23:

*Slow clap* Well Banri that was quite the speech. Losing his Golden Time after all he went through... I feel sorry for Koko but that is life. never heard of such a case of memory loss though. So we can say that Banri was in a vegetative state? Did his mind create a fake personality to keep him alive?
    Now I really want to see which kind of troll ending they'll pull.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 23:

*Slow clap* Well Banri that was quite the speech. Losing his Golden Time after all he went through... I feel sorry for Koko but that is life. never heard of such a case of memory loss though. So we can say that Banri was in a vegetative state? Did his mind create a fake personality to keep him alive?
    Now I really want to see which kind of troll ending they'll pull.
    Yeah, Banri's case seems to be strange indeed.
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm sure that our brain can virtually contain an infinite number of information and even in a case of amnesia or memory loss, the current memories couldn't be overwritten by those you have lost.
    But as I've already said, I'm not a doctor, so I might be wrong. LOL
    Anyway right now I don't really know what will happen in the final episode....will Banri miraclously heal from his condition and end up with Koko?
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, maybe Banri will still be with Koko without healing. We have no idea if he will preserve his old identity for how long, if he will for any moment.
    Hope they don't force the ending and ruin the final, though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, the final volume of the LN was released a short while ago, so we'll get the "real" ending.
    But yes, I hope they won't troll us with a wtf-ending that makes no sense whatsoever.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

2D-kun still best char. Really the only good thing in this show now is the comedy and supporting characters.

Pointless drama and it seems Banri's memory loss is no longer a spiritual problem . Mitsuo is more willing to wait for Banri than his ex-girlfriend, that's a true bro.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad this had a happy ending, the thought that I'd have spent almost a dozen hours for some pop pseudo-philosophical depressing garbage ending made my blood boil.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amnesia was a nice metaphor for running from the past, until Banri's meltdown during the Awa Dance. At that point it stopped being a metaphor and became a major neurological disorder. Banri should have been hospitalized a few episodes ago.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Episode:

Wow I didn't expect such an happy ending. Everyone worked put in the end. Basically their memories fused. Certainly helps with the stuying.
    I would've liked a bad ending too but this is okay. This story was about Koko and Banri anyway. Sure it was a bit too easy but oh well.

I didn't get the whole part with the - let's call it that way - timeline world. Was that Linda just an imagination or what was she doing there...
    That brings me to Linda herself... It is way too nice of her that she didn't tell Banri, that she loves him... But well she likes Koko too so her getting defeated again and again and again was a necessity...

All in all a good story with a way too annoying main character and a childhood friend that was hurt far too often.
    Final Score: 7/10

PS: 2D-kun needs an epic friend award. That guy is one of the best pals one can have.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

All hail 2D-kun!!!
    I agree that he has been the best character of this show and also in the last episode he didn't disappoint. LOL
    As for the rest, I didn't mind the happy ending, but I feel sorry for Linda, who has been wounded too many times....
    All in all it was an enjoyable how, even though sometimes Banri was really annoying.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That ending is a real MESS!

It was obvious Banri at the beginning wasn't the ghost and then what? They manage to discuss and Linda becomes able to see him as well? . What was Banri's problem?

He obviously ended with Koko but they replayed the drama so many times it has less impact and seems forced , always the same pattern.

2D-kun saved the episode again, for him I'll give it a 7/10.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished this a week ago.

People call it realistic but I'm not too sure myself.
    I just found that the whole amnesia took up too much time even though that was the focus of the series.
    I wished that it would venture into other areas, I mean..there's quite a lot of things that Golden Time could do and do well.
    Think the author should have put more focus into the whole Linda- Banri - Koko drama.
    It would be really nice if we get to see more Banri and Linda.
    And also to see if Banri even have a melting point when it comes to Koko(for being too overly possessive).
    Side characters are all very interesting but should be explored more, I mean it would be really nice
    to see the different sides and understand the emotional depth of them.

But honestly though, this anime wasn't what I called realistic but it was very fun and entertaining to watch.
    It's memorable in its own way, 7/10.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8