Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyousogiga (TV)

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyousogiga (TV)

Title: Kyousogiga
    Episodes: 13
    Aired: Oct 3, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Toei
    Genres: Action, Supernatural

Summary:

Koto and her brothers, A and Un are stuck in a strange city causing massive mayhem through the land called Kyoto but not the Kyoto they are from.
    They are searching for an atypical rabbit in order to return home. Koto, who is the eldest of the three, seems to have some sort of connection to this weird place ruled by a monk, a demon, and a priest.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyousogiga (TV)

Raws are out. As I thought, it's a rebroadcast of the 2011 ONA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A rebroadcast? Oh well maybe I'll watch it again later for old times sake, maybe I'll have a better Idea as to what the hell went down this time around (I was utterly lost last time, but didn't care XD)
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    A rebroadcast? Oh well maybe I'll watch it again later for old times sake, maybe I'll have a better Idea as to what the hell went down this time around (I was utterly lost last time, but didn't care XD)
    This is a much higher quality broadcast than the original stream. The original was not even in HD. It's such a complicated anime, it's worth re-watching before new material airs. It was announced as ten episodes, plus two recaps and a special episode, so this is expected. From what I understand the "special" episodes will air after episode five and ten. Nobody seems sure which one will be a recap, but it seems certain one of them will summarize the 2012 Net Anime.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, this anime is somindfucking.....and we're talking of re-broadcast. LOL
    I wonder how the actual anime will be; I hope it will remain as awesome as it already is.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea what happened, why it happened and how it happened.

But... I want more. It was fun and very interesting for absolutely no reason.

It was the same feeling I had after watching Kill la Kill... I'm already in love with this season...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The more symbolism you pick out, the more sense this series makes. There are definite references to Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Mirror Kyoto (Wonderland) is an inner (enclosed) space, a lot like imagination. Like the imagination, there is no real "order" or "rules" to mirror Tokyo. Reality and fantasy intermingle. With enough imagination, everyday is a festival (like in mirror Tokyo). Older Koto is the kurousagi, black rabbit, whom the kids followed "down the rabbit hole", into mirror Kyoto. Koto, A, and Un are the frolicking rabbit, monkey, and frog from the choujuugiga. So basically it's three playful children, lost in imagination, frolicking in an inner space, searching for a little meaning (the way home) within the madness, all the while reveling in the glory of youth.

Old Koto also represents the rabbit in the moon. That will make more sense after the next recap, or after watching the 2012 ONA's.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The siblings and what they were up to did not really make sense to me as I didn't watch previous ONAs. For a moment, I thought they would perform a ritual, and in the next, they were fighting with hammers already.
    Fun style and nice change of pace, so, I'll keep looking at it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a rebroadcast of the original ONA, from 2011. That's why it was called episode 00. Next week will be the first new episode. The 2012 ONA's (5 episodes, about 10min each) will also be rebroadcast, but I'm not sure when. I'm hearing that their will be specials after episode 5 and 10. The 2012 ONA's probably will be divided between those two specials. The relationship between Koto, A, and Un was explained in the 2012 ONA's. There were visual hints in episode 00.

Anyone looking for a straightforward, linear plot probably will be disappointed. Subsequent episodes should be more highly symbolic, post-modern weirdness. The fun is trying to parse the symbolism, metaphors, and references. Expect something along the lines of FLCL or Penguindrum.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1! (or 2, whatever) I really liked it I feel like a lot is more clear for the upcoming episodes, and as much as I like the show's crazy feel I would have liked to understood what was going on too. I may have to rewatch this later to get more out of it, but overall I'm liking what I see and I can't wait to see more!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What a touching and funny episode this was; that's one crazy of a family for you.
    Glad that starting from next week the story will officially start, that's why I'm already looking forward to watching the next episode!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The "first episode" was very easy to understand and answered almost every question I had after episode 0.
    Funny and adorable characters, a crazy world and a big hammer.
    How could this show blow?

Really looking forward to the next episode.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, now things make sense and it was nice to look at Koto's past; that's the reason why I liked this episode.
    Next week we will look at Kurama's past, however I don't know what could be added to what has been already told; well, guess I'll appreciate it anyway.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am confused again... The black rabbit is Koto's mother but Inari can't see her? Koto must go to the other Kyoto to find her mother, who is already in her dimension?...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I think I am confused again... The black rabbit is Koto's mother but Inari can't see her? Koto must go to the other Kyoto to find her mother, who is already in her dimension?...
    Koto did not go to Mirror Kyoto to search for her mother. She was lead there by her Mother, the Black Rabbit, whom she followed across the looking glass. In episode zero she was looking for the Black Rabbit so that she could return to her own world.

Koto is from the shrine where Myoue created Kyoto Through the Looking Glass. Lady Koto, the Black Rabbit, lead Koto to Kyoto Through the Looking Glass. In episode one Myoue promised to come back one day with "the beginning and end in tow". Lady Koto is "the beginning", Myoue spoke of, and Koto is "the end". Myoue's status is unknown, but I presume he will return, even if it is a reincarnation (he is a Buddhist monk), not the original.

Inari was asleep the only time he and the Black Rabbit were on screen together. She came to rest on his lap, while he cried in his sleep. He probably could perceive her, even if he did not see.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast