Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kill la Kill

Kill la Kill
    Genre: Action
    Production: Trigger
    Director: Imaishi Hiroyuki
    Series Composition: Nakashima Kazuki
    Chief Animation Director and Character Design: Sushio
    Starring: Koshimizu Ami and Yuzuki Ryouka
    Starts: October 3, 2013

Ryuuko Matoi carries a large weapon shaped like half of a pair of scissors. She's looking for the woman with the other half, who killed her father. Satsuki Kiryuuin, student council president of Honnouji Academy, is said to know the woman's identity, so Ryuuko transfers there. Those who arrive at the school receive a special "reverse uniform," and Satsuki has used that power to rule the school in fear.

From the Director and Writer of Gurren Lagann
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kill la Kill

Episode 1:

First impression: What the hell did I just watch? I don't know what it was, but it was awesome!
    That animation style... Felt like watching a 90's Cartoon...
    Ryuko is a fun char already... That outfit... Awesome...

I want more... Definitely.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryouko is awesome, love her already! This was a fun first episode, though since I can tell this won't be a show I'll be watching for its plot I'll be personally comparing this to Kyousagiga weekly. On it's own though it was definitely fun, I doubt it'll be everyone's bottle of coke though.

Dat on and off animation btw XD
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Disciplinary members are most interesting as well as the teacher. I like Uzu the most. Im curious to see what role they play in in this scissors mystery.

Dont like the lead much as it just feels pointlessly fanservicy and she is pretty boring.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thus far, this is my favorite of the three premiers I watched today. I can't quite put a finger on which anime this reminds me of--I know it's from the same team who did TTGL (maybe also why I loved it), but it also reminds me a lot of FLCL. I really hope they can keep this vibe going for the rest of the series because this was absolutely amazing.

Ryuko is badass and Mako is adorable. Animation is great, even with the style, and it certainly peaked my interest.

My first thought when I heard Uzu's VA: Viral is that you!?

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

The animation surprised me, in a good way. I saw the PV of Kill La Kill couple times before this, but I didn't expect the art style would be this unique compared to the recent animation technique. Besides the Student Council's president, some of the characters are too goofy for my own preference. I hope this will be fixed as we know more about the characters.

Matoi Ryuko's demeanor is kinda generic genki girl so far, I'm hoping on next episodes to bring on more exposure about her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no regrets going into this show blind. It reminds me of TTGL a ton with the animation/art style and general badassery.
    Also looks like MC's uniform is going to gradually turn into the one in the posters as she defeats more Goku uniformed people with all that focus on that little red thread getting absorbed into her slutty magical girl getup.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm in love with this anime and Ryouko (So badass and sexy, then DAT outfit. )
    The animation is awesome and so far the music and the characters are all good.
    Glad that Ami Koshimizu got to dub Ryouko; I think she's perfect for the job.
    Guess I said everything; the story seems promising so I'll be looking forward to seeing the next episode.
    Last edited by Zasz; October 04, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This show is crazy! Mindless action with a bit of mystery. Those fights and that boxer techniques were awesome.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode one was awesome! It more than lived up to the hype. Ryuuko was epic, totally fanboying Ami's voice acting. Perfect VA for the role.

---------- Post added October 06, 2013 at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was October 04, 2013 at 02:14 PM ----------

Ryuuko casual snacking on a lemon was awesome. Could she already be the most GAR girl in anime history?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The animation surprised me, in a good way. I saw the PV of Kill La Kill couple times before this, but I didn't expect the art style would be this unique compared to the recent animation technique. Besides the Student Council's president, some of the characters are too goofy for my own preference. I hope this will be fixed as we know more about the characters.

Matoi Ryuko's demeanor is kinda generic genki girl so far, I'm hoping on next episodes to bring on more exposure about her.
    Genki? I think you mean her friend.

Either way I doubt the show will get more 'serious' for you, I'm pretty sure that the only change that's gonna happen is that it's going to get even more insane as it goes on.The first 3 minutes of the show is evidence enough of that.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Genki? I think you mean her friend.

Either way I doubt the show will get more 'serious' for you, I'm pretty sure that the only change that's gonna happen is that it's going to get even more insane as it goes on.The first 3 minutes of the show is evidence enough of that.
    Err no, her friend is goofy, I got the impression that Matoi is energetic and then some. It's just semantics, so yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

Gurren Lagan was kinda lighthearted in the beginning, but eventually become dramatic as the story went on. If this anime is getting nuttier, I don't mind at all, I have a lot of hopes for this anime.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but I still don't get what you mean by "genki", when I think 'genki' I think Amelia, or Chitanda or someone along those lines, yes Matoi is definitely loud mouthed when she wants to be but I get more of a delinquent girl vibe from her.

I won't say anything more on 'dramatics' since attack on titan is considered dramatic but I'm personally more likely to laugh then drop my jaw at anything besides the animation~
    Last edited by thatguy3331; October 07, 2013 at 12:17 PM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I'm sorry but I still don't get what you mean by "genki", when I think 'genki' I think Amelia, or Chitanda or someone along those lines, yes Matoi is definitely loud mouthed when she wants to be but I get more of a delinquent girl vibe from her.

I won't say anything more on 'dramatics' since attack on titan is considered dramatic but I'm personally more likely to laugh then drop my jaw at anything besides the animation~
    Maybe because I'm used to the definition of "genki" as "healthy" rather than a particular stereotypes, so yeah, I could understand that I couldn't get my point across. But... maybe to say it more simply, I don't like the lout mouthed girls too much, it's a matter of personal preference rather than anything, but I'm totally fine with it.

Sure, it's interesting to look forward what's going to happen next. I'm just going to sit here, watching rather than dismayed by any direction I least expected made by the directors.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mako's family is crazy; well nothing to be surprised about considering that madness is a lingering element in this series. LOL
    Anyway good second episode and that was the craziest tennis match of history. XD
    And Ryuuko sexyness is top-notch as always.

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast