Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kill la Kill

i just picked this series up the other day

i am quite impressed, im glad crunchy roll is streaming it because that always makes it convient to me

i have been on a hiatus from this forum and anime in general, but their are alot of good new titles this year i want to try

with kill la kill at the top

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Every episode is 100% win... I almost feel sorry for Ryuko... I mean she is half-naked every time... (Not that I mind... )

Her entrance at the end was just awesome... Really I wanna go to that school. Seems like a lot of fun.

Makos family... They deserve an epic parenting award...

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Every episode is 100% win... I almost feel sorry for Ryuko... I mean she is half-naked every time... (Not that I mind... )
    The power of shamelessness has to be the greatest special power in manga and anime history. It's like Imaishi is giving the finger to lame shounen cliches (the power of friendship, chakra, reiatsu, etc.).

Quote Quote:
    Her entrance at the end was just awesome... Really I wanna go to that school. Seems like a lot of fun.
    I loved Mikisugi's expression. So deadpan

Quote Quote:
    Makos family... They deserve an epic parenting award...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give up on school rather than doing that crazy race from time to time; however I would like to enter a classroom like that. XD
    What to say, another awesome and crazy episode and Mako's family is becoming more and more epic. LOL
    Lookimg forward to watching next week's episode, hoping that it will defy all reason like it did up until now.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else who thinks Satsuki's dad could actually be the crazy professor? To me, it seems pretty likely.

and early design/what we see of Satsuki's dad.

The eyes look pretty similar and him having the same outfit in a design could be a hint too. In any way, if he's not her father, then most likely another part of her family like.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Forth episode was very good again, if not even better due to the gags etc working so well together. T2 and Pulp Fiction allusions could be found and Cosplay for the two main heroines are out already too.

Firm but Fair

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Anyone else who thinks Satsuki's dad could actually be the crazy professor? To me, it seems pretty likely.

and early design/what we see of Satsuki's dad.

The eyes look pretty similar and him having the same outfit in a design could be a hint too. In any way, if he's not her father, then most likely another part of her family like.
    Nice catch there!
    However why would he help Ryuuko in her fight against her daughter if what you hypothize is true....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information.
    1. Apparently, Mako is not wearing a bra.
    2. Ryuko is wearing one... Since when...?

Another batshit crazy episode... Clothes and humans are enemies... Oh my god...
    The new guy is pretty weird and I wonder why he knows our stripping teacher.

Looking forward to the next episode. This show is just too good.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 5:

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information.
    1. Apparently, Mako is not wearing a bra.
    2. Ryuko is wearing one... Since when...?

Another batshit crazy episode... Clothes and humans are enemies... Oh my god...
    The new guy is pretty weird and I wonder why he knows our stripping teacher.

Looking forward to the next episode. This show is just too good.
    I agree, this was another crazy episode and the show itself it's just too good as you said.
    Anyway what kind of name does have the group to which the professof belongs? Nudist beach? LOL
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kill la Kill version of Rambo is here! This guy is awesome.

To think he would beat the crap out of Ryuko with just skills and tactics....impressive.

Even within this insane show, Mako's insanity is on an entirely different level. She just keep breaking into those random speeches... hallelujah!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This show gets more clever by the week. Every episode has so many great lines, visuals, and gags, not to mention the action sequences. I thought it was brilliant how Imaishi blended the chase sequence with the performance by Jakuzure's band. The music and action meshed perfectly. The story gets more and more interesting. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface.

I loved that Tsumugu's needle shooting machine gun was shaped like a sewing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I agree, this was another crazy episode and the show itself it's just too good as you said.
    Anyway what kind of name does have the group to which the professof belongs? Nudist beach? LOL
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.
    Nudist Beach is the perfect name for a resistance group dedicated to fighting super powered clothes.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Nudist Beach is the perfect name for a resistance group dedicated to fighting super powered clothes.
    It seems like the teacher has a connection with them, so the name is especially fitting (along with that shot of Tsumugu). XD

I finally caught up after 2-3 weeks of absence, and it made it all the more bearable for me to watch. I'm still enjoying this show immensely even though I've seen criticism towards it with regards to misogyny (that I don't really see since guys are stripping too, but whatever). Personally, I find the (unintentional) exhibitionism hilarious.

I didn't realize until later that Tsumugu's weapons were based around sewing--I thought it was a nail gun at first XD And then the spindle grenades. XD I hope we see him again the future soon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    It seems like the teacher has a connection with them, so the name is especially fitting (along with that shot of Tsumugu). XD
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I finally caught up after 2-3 weeks of absence, and it made it all the more bearable for me to watch. I'm still enjoying this show immensely even though I've seen criticism towards it with regards to misogyny (that I don't really see since guys are stripping too, but whatever). Personally, I find the (unintentional) exhibitionism hilarious.
    I can kind of see why some people might consider Kill la Kill exploitative. From my perspective they would be humorless trolls who badly miss the point, take anime too seriously, not realizing Kill la Kill, like Gurren Lagann, is simultaneously a genre parody and tribute. Imaishi likes taking action tropes, pushing them to such extremes that they become a central part of the story. Compare the "power of shamelessness" to Naruto's will of fire, for example.

Quote Quote:
    I didn't realize until later that Tsumugu's weapons were based around sewing--I thought it was a nail gun at first XD And then the spindle grenades. XD I hope we see him again the future soon.
    I had not noticed the spindles. Now I see them. I caught the sewing needle bullets immediately, the sewing machine gun about halfway through.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing your eyes makes you able to see the whole universe, huh? This show never fails to amaze me, glorious entertainment. Even better that the Deva is voiced by the VA of Viral from TTGL, made it just that awesome

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was pretty badass, if I say so myself.
    I guess that defeating all of the elite four won't be esay for Ryuko.
    Anyway, ll in all it was a really enjoyable episode and I can't wait to watch the next one.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast