Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta & Tsuki ni Naku

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta & Tsuki ni Naku

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
    Genre: Action, Supernatural
    Producer: Tatsunoko Productions
    Director, Character Design: Ryo-timo
    Starring: Kaji Yuki, Fukuen Misato, Sawashiro Miyuki, Fujia Saki, Ono Daisuke
    Starts: October 6, 2013
    Format: TV Anime

Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku
    Starts: October 9, 2013
    Format: OVA

Cast, crew, and production for Tsuki ni Naku is the same as for Hana no Uta.

Based on the Manga: Yozakura Quartet

In a town where humans and demons co-exist, it takes more than a normal police force to maintain the peace. Enter the Hiizumi Life Counseling Office, a fantastic foursome of unique teenagers, each gifted with an amazing super power!

Yozakura Quartet Viewing Guide:
    • Yozakura Quartet (2008): Volumes 1 - 4 (non-canon, does not closely follow the manga). 12 episodes, TV anime.
    • Hoshi no Umi (2010-2011): Volumes 5 - 6, canon. 3 episodes, OVA.
    • Hana no Uta (2013): Volumes 8 - 9 (canon). 13 episodes, TV anime.
    • Tsuki ni Naku (2013-2014): Volume 11 (canon). 3 episodes, OVA. Begins October 9.
    The first four volumes of the manga must be read, and the Hoshi no Umi OVA's need to be watched, before watching Hana no Uta. It is not necessary to watch the 2008 anime first, it does not follow the manga closely.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 15, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

I dunno shit about the manga and I heard the first anime was pretty bad, going a completely different route than the manga. After hearing this is a remake and watching this (or to be more precise the first one and a half minute to avoid spoilers)

I sure am looking forward to this I heard "Hana no Uta" is a later arc, so I sure hope it's really a remake, otherwise I prolly need to read the manga first

Anyway, it was reported from a pre-airing that the first episode is anime-original.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the best explanation I have seen so far, from a fan on Anisuki: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=76

The first TV series adapted volume 1 - 3, but made major plot changes. The Hoshi no Umi OVA's (2010 - 2011, by the producers of Hana no Uta) adapt volume 5 - 7. Hana no Uta takes place after Hoshi no Umi, starting at the end of volume 8. The anime original episodes will basically be recaps, introducing the series for newcomers, so that they don't have to reanimate the original series. Tsuki ni Naku, the upcoming OVA's, take place after Hoshi no Uta.

It would seem like it would be best to read volume 1 - 4 (through chapter 22) first, then watch Hoshi no Umi (three episodes). It sounds like the intention is to make Hana no Uta as new fan friendly as possible, without animating material previously animated. The anime only episodes will summarize the early volumes, for anyone who does not want to read the manga first. I get the feeling that new fans should watch Hoshi no Uta no matter what.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Hoshi no Umi was (supposedly) very loyal to the manga, unlike the first anime series. Fans of the manga generally seemed to have liked it, and expect the same from Hana no Uta.

I decided to read the first three volumes, and watch Hoshi no Umi, before the anime starts. Hana no Uta is not starting until next weekend, three volumes of manga and three episodes of anime won't take that long to catch up on.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 03, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I should reread the first 4 Manga volumes then...
    Oh well I had nothing else to do anyway.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read through volume and watched the first episode of Hoshi no Umi. Now I'm really excited for Hana no Uta. Hoshi no Umi is really well done, great animation (despite not being in HD), and great character design. Everything is how I pictured it. Yae is made of win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaiten

Hey! You can see me in that link!

I'm reading through the walking pilgrimage arc then will stop there to read along side the anime as I (tried) to do with Magi. I may wind up personally competing this against Kyoukai no Kanata since these both have an urban fantasy feel to them
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I've read through volume and watched the first episode of Hoshi no Umi. Now I'm really excited for Hana no Uta. Hoshi no Umi is really well done, great animation (despite not being in HD), and great character design. Everything is how I pictured it. Yae is made of win.
    Agreed on the animation but I'm glad I read the respective manga arc first. They leave out/mix together quite a lot of stuff. Nothing too bad but still enough to miss some things, like

Spoiler show

Some changes were weird too, like why Rin fought against Kyousuke/Touka at the beginning, instead of Juri.
    Just a bit too rushed in my opinion, but still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I'm reading through the walking pilgrimage arc then will stop there to read along side the anime as I (tried) to do with Magi. I may wind up personally competing this against Kyoukai no Kanata since these both have an urban fantasy feel to them
    Spoiler show
    Don't you mean "6/1" arc? At least from the title Hana no Uta doesn't start before chapter 44. I'm right at the beginning of Walking Pilgrimage and will most likely do the same as you when I reach chapter 44. Watch the episode and then take a look at the manga, to see how faithful the adaption is.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

6/11 arc probably will be part of Hana no Uta. It's only four chapters, it will probably only take a couple of episodes to animate. Hana no Uta is only six chapters. Thirteen episodes is too much for six manga chapters. That would be about two episodes per chapter. Even if one episode is a summary (or anime only), twelve episodes for ten chapters sounds more reasonable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard 6/11(?) Will apparently be set as a series of OVAs so....yeah...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it? I'm hearing conflicting things about what will be in Tsuki ni Naku, but nothing about 6/11 being included. The description at ANN seems tp match Walking Pilgrimage, while the Tsuki ni Naku arc is from volume 11. Both are short arcs, they could be covered in three episodes. A third short arc sounds like too much. I haven't heard about any other planned OVA series, and Tsuki ni Naku won't be finished until volume 17 comes out next year.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime caught my attention, so I wanted to asked you this......can I watch this series without watching the first they did?
    I've read here that it will a series completely different from the first one, so I won't have problems watching it, right?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    This anime caught my attention, so I wanted to asked you this......can I watch this series without watching the first they did?
    I've read here that it will a series completely different from the first one, so I won't have problems watching it, right?
    You should read the first 4 Manga volumes first if you haven't watched anything before.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    You should read the first 4 Manga volumes first if you haven't watched anything before.
    Oh thanks, guess I will do that then.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Oh thanks, guess I will do that then.
    Read the first four volumes and watch the Hoshi no Umi OVA's. Hana no Uta will start with volume eight. Hoshi no Umi covers volumes five and six. Volume seven might (I'm not 100% sure yet) be included in the Tsuki ni Naku OVA's, which start coming out next week. Volume seven is a flashback, you don't need to read it before starting Hana no Uta. It's an important flashback, but you'll be able to follow Hana no Uta even if you have not read it yet.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 04, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished reading the first 4 volumes and watching Hoshi no Umi.
    Now I'm ready for Hoshi no Uta and also excited considering that this anime is really beautiful and interesting.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast