Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta & Tsuki ni Naku

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

I'm looking forward to HD. Hoshi no Umi was really well animated, but without being in HD it's missing something. I'm reading thd Hana no Uta arc right now. It's an awesome arc. The anime version should be incredible.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Downloaded the raws: first episode is definitely anime only, not a summary.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta & Tsuki ni Naku

Awesome episode and the animation is also good.
    However it seems that we will see everything from the beginning or am I missing something?
    Nice OP and END anyway.

Kawaii Neko 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest it looks like a messed up introduction to Yozakura Quartet.... I guess it was somewhat okay, the episode was quite fine actually, but a messed up timeline would be weird. Hime is not yet known

Spoiler show

Not sure how they plan to do this, but judging from the preview it looks like they will go there in an anime-only way =/ Not liking this one bit, but I will continue no matter how it turns out. Nice animation, great VA's and a story and characters I already love as a whole.

Just hoping this won't be as much of a mess as the first Yozakura Quartet, would be a shame. A short summary episode for new fans would have been way better, but let's see how it turns out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was also filler.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice argument there Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying everything is destroyed already, but I would have preferred things to be differently. Or at least them already know about Enjin and Hime being a you know what, the timeline is just off. If they stick close to the manga from here (though not sure how), fine. From the preview it doesnt look like that though, sadly. I will be happy if I'm proven wrong, but I already fear a "butchered" story again. Hana no Uta may be adapted faithfully, but if the events leading there are changed too much, it's getting weird.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I have no worries at all. Hana no Uta is a sequel. Significant changes would create major continuity problems between Hoshi no Umi and Hana no Uta. After faithfully adapting Hoshi no Umi, making major changes now would be too bizarre to even put into words, especially with OVA's for the arc after Hana no Uta also starting this week.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I agree on the Lila part, my memory was off. Still I would have preferred a summary right from the get-go, instead of fighting against fallen goldfish lol. Not sure if that's going to make the best impression on people only watching the anime either. If I hadn't read the manga, I probably would have judged it as pretty ridiculous.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode had to have taken place before Thorny Pass. Interesting that the OP prominently features newly animated footage, and all the major characters, from Thorny Pass. Maybe this really is a remake. The filler would replace volumes one and two as character introductions. 13 episodes would be enough to animate Thorny Pass, "remake" Hoshi no Umi, and animate Hana no Uta. Two filler, five episodes for Thorny Pass, three each for Hoshi no Umi and Hana no Uta.

This episode does not make any sense if it takes place after Thorny Pass. If it came after, it would badly contradict Hoshi no Umi. If it takes place before, it makes perfect sense.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

The direction and character design was a definite improvement over Hoshi no Umi. Ryo-timo has a reputation as a prodigy, he definitely did not disappoint.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsun-Tsun-Dere-Tsun-Dere-Tsun-Tsun.

I really liked that episode. Funny dialogue, nice battle animation, good voice acting... Even if I wasn't familiar with the Manga I would continue to watch this with pleasure.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoyed episode one. I actually think this was a better introduction to the characters than the beginning of the manga. I really do hope this is a full remake. The Thorny Pass arc is amazing. The direction, character design, and animation are a little better than Hoshi no Umi. The OVA's were great, but do I hope that arc is also included.

I finished reading the Tsuki ni Naku chapters last night, and am now very excited for the new OVA's.

---------- Post added October 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2013 at 02:21 PM ----------

Episode 2 spoilers. Also an anime only episode:

Spoiler show

Spoiler: End Card show

Spoiler: Awesome Hime Fanservice GIF show

A lot of fanservice in this weeks episode. MH's Fairy Tail fans should avert their eyes

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Raws are out for episode two. Episode three will definitely be canon. The preview shows material from chapters 6 - 8, the lead in for the Thorny Pass arc. It is now pretty much guaranteed Thorny Pass will be adapted as part of this season. I'm curious if a new version of Hoshi no Umi will also be included. Probably, it would be awkward going from Thorny Pass directly to Hana no Uta. The Hana no Uta arc itself won't take more than three episodes to animate.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Another awesome episode.
    With those episodes they managed to introduce the main characters pretty well. I don't mind non-canon episodes like that.
    Yae was especially awesome... That and Hime-fanservice...

Next time looks like cannon... Looking forward to it.

And like everytime: "Tsun-Tsun-Dere-Tsun-Dere-Tsun-Tsun."

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That was some nice fan service for me with those boobs groping and panty shots.
    Ok, now with Ero-mode off, I can comment with clear mind the episode; I really liked it and it introduced very well the characters, even though it was an anime only one.
    I'm happy that starting from next week the anime will follow the manga's story, that's why I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I also appreciated the fanservice, I thought the episode was a little boring. Episode one I liked, episode two was a little mediocre. Still a better introduction than in the manga. I'm glad that they didn't animate the chapters about the pre-school. I liked Hime singing the tsundere song. Honestly, I like whatever Hime does. Fukuen Misato has been an awesome Hime.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~

Man I'm just waiting for her to make her
    Spoiler show

Dat fanservice, it certainly makes things complicated when you have to use a public computer ha ha ha....*sighs* Otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought either or of it (aside that it was a tad excessive but oh well). I thought this was an Ok episode I think I kind of wound up liking the first half a bit more though especially when everything went radio static purple for a moment when things were getting tense between Kyousuke and the senate. I liked how events matched up but I think the second half fell a bit flat from me, action aside. understand they had to work this character in (I haven't read the song of flowers arc yet) but personally I still like the manga version of chapter 5. Unlike most times when I say that however I didn't think this was a bad episode, but I'm just hoping we get through this soon so we can get to the arc we really wanna see.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I still would have prefered the story about the dog instead of all the goldfish stuff, lol Enjoyed episode 2 quite a lot atually, even more than the first. Not because of the fanservice but rather because of all the daily life stuff. It really reminded me of Durarara, with all kinds of freaks and weirdos just chilling and having fun That's the same thing I enjoyed while reading the manga, so I was pleased. Fanservice was a nice extra, damn that Juri

Now I'm really looking forward to see manga content being animated, curious to see how this turns out. Looks like the first anime totally ignored that arc, so it's the first time for everyone to see this animated.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast