Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Ravens

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tokyo Ravens

For episode 3, So much good action all around and Bakutora was amazing. May be a familiar but he has good devotion and ideas for fights. Looking forward to more large scale whole environment type fighting with larger than life creatures as go on in Tokyo, urban setting even better than rural countryside even. Curious what Touji could do too even. Definitely in my top five of the season.

The Hokuto thing is so confusing, is it trying to imply that either Natsume or Touji (please) was trying to speak through the human familiar since they could share their true feelings with Bakutora?

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hokuto was being manipulated by Natsume. She even apologized for it when Harutora said he knew everything, misinterpreting his words. Kind of an interesting path we take. I was thinking of them as love rivals for the early parts

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understood well, Hokuto was just a tool to allow Natsume to communicate with Harutora and staying by side, considering that she, due to being the next head of the Tsuchimikado, couldn't meet him often.
    Anyway I really liked this 3rd episode and the fighting scene was pretty good.
    Now I'm really looking forward to seeing what will happen next.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hokuto was a shikigami, created and controlled by Natsume. And yes, presumably as a means to remain in contact with Bakatora. Specifically, to persuade him to become her familiar. It is the duty of the branch family to serve the main house as familiar. Even if she could have remained by his side, Natsume is too tsundere to have begged him in person. As Hokuto she could save herself the embarrassment. I love that Bakatora is too dense to figure out Natsume was Hokuto the entire time, even after she called him Bakatora. As heir, Natsume has to speak and dress like a man in pubic. Hokuto was also bokukko, using masculine pronouns to describe herself.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 23, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hokuto was a shikigami, created and controlled by Natsume. And yes, presumably as a means to remain in contact with Bakatora. Specifically, to persuade him to become her familiar. It is the duty of the branch family to serve the main house as familiar. Even if she could have remained by his side, Natsume is too tsundere to have begged him in person. As Hokuto she could save herself the embarrassment. I love that Bakatora is too dense to figure out Natsume was Hokuto the entire time, even after she called him Bakatora. As heir, Natsume has to speak and dress like a man in pubic. Hokuto was also bokukko, using masculine pronouns to describe herself.
    Wow I guess I missed that completely, or either am as dense as Bakatora, oops.
    In any event curious what role Touji will lend to this. I wish I could read the LNs (and not the manga).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Wow I guess I missed that completely, or either am as dense as Bakatora, oops.
    In any event curious what role Touji will lend to this. I wish I could read the LNs (and not the manga).
    It was easy to miss, implied, not explicitly stated. After Natsume called him Bakatora, and refered to herself with the masculine "boku" (like Hokuto), I figured it out. The other clue was how mad she was that he did not realize. She confessed as Hokuto.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay... She was nicknaming Bakatora too because she is Hokuto. The only bad thing in this ep was CG.

But I have really a different vision of Natsume now, she is an incredible liar, creating an imaginary friend and lying to him for years, it was too much, even during their fight she was acting as if she knew nothing. He was crying for a friend who never existed in the first place. I am not sure he would happy happy if he had understood.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Okay... She was nicknaming Bakatora too because she is Hokuto. The only bad thing in this ep was CG.

But I have really a different vision of Natsume now, she is an incredible liar, creating an imaginary friend and lying to him for years, it was too much, even during their fight she was acting as if she knew nothing. He was crying for a friend who never existed in the first place. I am not sure he would happy happy if he had understood.
    Whats wrong with CG? The dragon scene and fighting looked glorious.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The dragon was OK, the rest, not so much. It was better than the first ones though.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 24, 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: double post
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The dragon looked amazing. Dairenji's familiar looked terrible, the CG was too detailed, it didn't fit with the rest of the animation. That has also been my only complaint about the series. Hopefully the CG throughout the rest of the series will look more like the dragon.

The Dragon's name was Hokuto btw. Another clue Natsume had been the one controlling Hokuto.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Episode 4 Spoilers show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this series a little more every week. Natsume is one of my favorite new characters this season. She's a great Hana Kana role too. I love tsundere Hana Kana. The scene where she was arguing with Kurahashi was one of my favorites, especially when Bakatora said he was surrounded by crazies. I like Kon, but could have lived without the scene where she showed him her tail. All was well because Natsume's reaction was so funny. I'm looking forward to the battle of familiars next week.

The bad CG is my only complaint. Kurahashi's familiars looked terrible.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

So Yakou had two familiars, Hishamaru and Kakugyouki. I wonder if that means Touji will also be one of Natsume's familiar. That would explain why they were acting so familiar in class.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kon...
    The fanservice scene was great. By that I mean Natsume getting angry...

Still can't believe Bakatora hasn't figured out that Hokuto was her creation... <.< At least he is able to fight.

Looking forward to the familiar fight... and why do I think that this annoying girl will become a harem member...?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakutora makes this amazing and is just plain hilarious the whole way through. Touji just sitting along for the ride makes me laugh especially the classroom scene with the lightning was flaring and tensions were high, why so excited. I dont know why I love this anime so much but definitely top three this season.

I need x-encounter now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some good fanart I found on Pixiv:

Spoiler: Natsume and Hokuto show

Spoiler: Natsume and Harutora show

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast