Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Tokyo Ravens

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tokyo Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    But thanks to the weak first half, my rating is rather "low". Final Score: 7/10.
    To be fair, as a critic of that first half myself, 7/10 is still not fulfilling for the show. Watching it towards the midway point became painful, but what a strong return it was. Pity they did lose so much time to Hokuto filler-like side story.

Ashiya Doman would definitely get a full point all by himself for me, for instance. Dare I say it, Master D was the most badass male character amongst all this season. Heck, the playful tone in his voice as how he told Ohtomo he'd eventually lose himself to him if he were to become his familiar..
    Grown up Kon equally badass, too.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    To be fair, as a critic of that first half myself, 7/10 is still not fulfilling for the show. Watching it towards the midway point became painful, but what a strong return it was. Pity they did lose so much time to Hokuto filler-like side story.
    To be fair, they were very faithful to the novels. No anime only content, nothing rushed, nothing changed, and no side stories. And they adapted the entire series, as of when the show would have went into production. The volume covered all nine volumes that were available when episode one aired. Only volume ten was left unanimated, and that came out two weeks after the anime went on the air. They did not animate either side story story volume, everything animated was from the main storyline. The novels actually are very good, I am going to keep reading. I'd like to see what happens next.

My only complaint about Ravens was the animation. The character design, art, and animation was terrible. I wish this series had been animated by a better studio, otherwise I really liked the series.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum... So Natsume is resurrected but she can't come back for now? Suzuka thrown one of the best line of this series but what was that Natsume-chi?

Kon/Hishamaru is good whatever her form.

Ohtomo and Jin became my favorite characters, I like their duo.

Now that Yakou is back, what is their goal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    My only complaint about Ravens was the animation. The character design, art, and animation was terrible. I wish this series had been animated by a better studio, otherwise I really liked the series.
    QFT. I'd give it a 7/10 too.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't bother with ratings (I don't even include them in MAL), but 7/10 sounds right. All points docked for crappy animation and character design. The ranobe gets a 9/10, really good novels. The anime did a legitimately great job adapting the story, and the voice acting was brilliant. Hana Kana, Ryouhei, and Kaito were all in peak form. Sakura Ayane, one of my favorite young voice actresses, was brilliant as Suzuka.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Manta33's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ty Ranobe for entertaining me greatly and introducing me to your inner world filled with great characters and intrigue. My one beef would be not animating the final volume in the arc. Conclusions are important and this one felt very open ended. Still I loved the last episode and the momentum in the second half of the show was epic. I will be patiently waiting for the day when this story gets a full telling and polished treatment. Later Yakou..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to The Darksky arc could serve as an ending to part one of Tokyo Ravens due to several major developments. Im kind of curious to see how it continues will it leave the magical school routes of the series and follow the now awakened Yakou, Bakatora, as he goes with Kon and co to gain more magic and such, and then reunite with his friends or some other unknown antagonists and even known ones return. Maybe some other group appears.

Potentially one of the definitive titles of the light novel variety to be animated. Each arc proceeded in a clear and concise manner offering good introduction, many twists, great magical battles and abilities, and good potential for its next arc. The romance may have seemed a bit weak and overdone at times and often in a manner that did make it somewhat entertaining but its only a minor complaint in an otherwise great series.

I think this is how the anime should be done and it does get one to want to get to the novels which I will do rather immediately. Highly entertaining, x-encounter, outgrow, break a spell, for best songs, and favorites were bakatora, touji, and shaver. 10/10.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7