Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    While I don’t hate Riki x Rin; in fact I kind of like it, I have to admit I’m not a huge shipper of that pairing, not like I was of
    Spoiler: Clannad spoiler show
    at least…
    Well they do look cute together... A bit awkward but totally in character.

Quote Quote:
    Regarding Riki and Rin becoming a couple…I didn’t find it totally forced. Yeah, it was kind of weird to see them become a couple after they made us put some (or a lot of ) emotion into Kurugaya x Riki during the first three episodes of the series (I even found myself shipping them a little bit during those eps)…but Riki x Rin was kind of expected it. The fact that Riki and Rin would eventually become a couple was sort of hinted during the first season.

Yeah it somewhat was... The first Osananajimi couple I've seen in years...
    I feel sorry for Kurugaya but I guess the meaning of her words was a bit different.

Quote Quote:
    About the confession scene…I’m a romantic girl so I wasn’t very happy about the lack of romanticism during that scene, but then I remembered than LB doesn’t focus too much on romance, it focuses more on friendship.
    Yeha I also prefer heartfelt confessions... Rin made it sound like a "well we're here so let's just do it. \o/"-thing.

Quote Quote:
    Riki was very adorable!! Rin…she wasn’t as adorable as Riki, but she was cute as well. ^_^
    I loved Rikis "Nononononono".

Quote Quote:
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but sometimes I get the feeling something really bad happened to the members of the LB gang, with the exception of Riki and Rin, sometimes I get the feeling they are all dead or that they are not part of Riki and Rin’s dimension/world anymore.
    No it doesn't. I feel the same way. =/

Quote Quote:
    I think it is like in
    Spoiler: Clannad show
    Indeed, it is very similar.

Quote Quote:
    And maybe I’m completely wrong, but I have the feeling Riki’s narcolepsy is going to play an important role in the story.
    I agree. I had the thought that it happens everytime he has to advance in the story... Hmm...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Episode 5:

First half: Riki and Rin were really, really, really cute together... Rin was so adorable while she talked to those big shots.

So much for that.
    Am I the only one who thinks that the field trip, the bus accident and the two survivors fit way too well? Even the silhouettes looked a bit like Riki and Rin. Riki said he heard it in the news but did he? I doubt it... I'd say he saw it himself... If that would be true... Damn...
    It would make even more sense then. Kyousuke trying to force Rin to grow up so that she could live without him. Sending her to another school so she would be able to find new friends... Furthermore it would explain why she is so childish if she was the one who was/is traumatized. Masato saying that he wouldn't say what he thought about it because he said that this was his decision all along... Komari and her "I'll always be your friend."... Finally Kyousuke who never said no to Rikis claims...

I really hope I am wrong about this...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 02, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking something sad was going to happen to Rin going away but for it to completely switch to focusing on Riki and Kyousuke to find the revelation, I wonder whats next. Is Kyousuke still around or did he just vanish away now now that he was found out by Riki. Though more importantly what is the secret still. If it truly isnt just a ploy to make Rin more independent, then Im at a loss for what else is going on.

Solid ending scene before the credits though memorable location and even brief flashback.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers are out! /o/

Spoiler: Episode 6 show

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

Damn Kyousuke looked so evil and also a bit badass. He never had such a look on his face before. A mixture of pain and darkness.
    Like he knows that everything he does is wrong but he has to do it.
    Cheap tricks... Kyousuke used everything he could to prevent Riki and Kengo from winning... So I guess Riki has to mature the same way that Rin has to in his eyes.
    The match in te rain was a really strong scene with a lot of feelings.
    Almost as strong as Rikis and Rins escape at the end. You could see that Rin is nothing more than a little child... I really feel that something traumatized her and that is why she behaves the way she does.
    In the end the police found them and while Rki tries to hold her, his narcolepsy strikes yet again. So I guess he chose the wrong route yet again.
    Furthermore I think Keigo never agreed with Kyousukes way of doing things. I believe that he also wants Riki and Rin to grow but not like that. This also explains why he is that angry. Apparently Kyousuke is the one who has the power to control this world and everyone who is not needed anymore left. So what is Komaris purpose?

Really looking forward to the next epispde... Will we learn what really happened or rather what is happening? I get my tissue box ready.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Even the super rare mangosteen chocolate can't top you!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Btw Haku I really liked the LB episode.
    It's personal opinion, anyway. For me, nothing happened, so, I was disappointed

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It's personal opinion, anyway. For me, nothing happened, so, I was disappointed
    Well I guess they did all the emotional build up that was necessary now.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess they did all the emotional build up that was necessary now.
    Yeah, but wasn't that already the case with the previous episode?
    I was expecting too much, maybe. For the episode in special, I mean.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but wasn't that already the case with the previous episode?
    I was expecting too much, maybe. For the episode in special, I mean.
    That one was for Rin.
    Now Riki had to realize the same thing too. The important things was his last sentence. "That to live means to lose."

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That one was for Rin.
    Now Riki had to realize the same thing too. The important things was his last sentence. "That to live means to lose."
    That's the problem about it. For a fragile girl like Rin, I find it rather normal that she gets highly emotional and dependent on others.
    But when a boy like Riki goes on a crying spree like that, he just seems like a crybaby for me. I mean, just because Rin transferred schools for a term, and the others do not come to school for a few days (that is what he calls it, although the reality might be way different), he thinks their friendship is getting destroyed.

The saving grace of this episode was Kyousuke. Knowing that he knows what we don't know and keeps that distant attitude up all the time makes me sad.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 10, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the problem about it. For a fragile girl like Rin, I find it rather normal that she gets highly emotional and dependent on others.
    But when a boy like Riki goes on a crying spree like that, he just seems like a crybaby for me. I mean, just because Rin transferred schools for a term, and the others do not come to school for a few days (that is what he calls it, although the reality might be way different), he thinks their friendship is getting destroyed.

The saving grace of this episode was Kyousuke. Knowing that he knows what we don't know and keeps that distant attitude up all the time makes me sad.
    The original Little Busters were (Riki), Rin, Kyousuke, Keigo and Masato. Riki was alone the whole time until he became friends with those guys. So they are his whole world. Now everything is falling apart. The guy he worshiped turns out to be an evil mastermind (at least for Riki) and they even fight against each other. Furthermore he is angry about himself for sending Rin away. Although I do think that the whole couple stuff is a bit random... Then again whe should continue this in the thread me thinks...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The original Little Busters were (Riki), Rin, Kyousuke, Keigo and Masato. Riki was alone the whole time until he became friends with those guys. So they are his whole world. Now everything is falling apart. The guy he worshiped turns out to be an evil mastermind (at least for Riki) and they even fight against each other. Furthermore he is angry about himself for sending Rin away. Although I do think that the whole couple stuff is a bit random... Then again whe should continue this in the thread me thinks...
    Yeah, that's why I find it exaggerated. Feeling that way because their time together in school comes to a halt is over the board, especially compared to the whole bunch of sad tales we have witnessed through LB.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's why I find it exaggerated. Feeling that way because their time together in school comes to a halt is over the board, especially compared to the whole bunch of sad tales we have witnessed through LB.
    Well it's not only their time in school but also their friendship. From my point of view I agree wih Riki here. Sending Rin away like that was a bit harsh and just not needed. I guess we have to wait until he explains what his real plan is. We don't know what the secret of this world is either.

Yeah there were a lot of sad tales and all of them were weird or rather supernatural.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's not only their time in school but also their friendship. From my point of view I agree wih Riki here. Sending Rin away like that was a bit harsh and just not needed. I guess we have to wait until he explains what his real plan is. We don't know what the secret of this world is either.

Yeah there were a lot of sad tales and all of them were weird or rather supernatural.
    I don't think it was simply trying to force Rin to grow up. Why would all the other Little Busters sit and watch that if that was the case? No one seems to be happy about what is happening, yet they seem to act there is no other way out.
    Yep, we will need to find out the "secret" or whatever that is to figure Kyousuke's plan out. Maybe it's not even a plan by the meaning of the word, after all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was simply trying to force Rin to grow up. Why would all the other Little Busters sit and watch that if that was the case? No one seems to be happy about what is happening, yet they seem to act there is no other way out.
    Yep, we will need to find out the "secret" or whatever that is to figure Kyousuke's plan out. Maybe it's not even a plan by the meaning of the word, after all.
    Well I still believe in my theory... So I guess Kyousuke wants her to grow up so she is able to live without them. Same goes for Riki. Kyousukes personality changed to much. I guess he is trying to achieve his plan by force now.

I have the bad feeling, that we will know what it is pretty soon.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Powerful episode 6 at times. Kengo having his moment in the baseball moment leading to things just falling down. To think Kyousuke who was seemingly the leader and one pushing everyone forward would just end up looking like the bad guy once his plan was put into action was shocking. Even more so that Kengo would react in such a way and want to beat him up, and Riki just abandoning it all and saying its just not for him anymore. I don't think I like where its going unfortunately as its losing its charm, but if this is truly what we must do to see the secret of this world, then Ill steadily just keep on holding on.

Vocal song was a good one.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast