Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

Spoiler: Episode 7 - Spoilers show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7:

So basically Riki is in a new world now. Somewhat a second chance or something like that? I really think Kyousuke shut himself in to make Riki grow this time. Kengoo and Masato don't want him to be like Kyousuke though. Very weird. Rin became even more of a shut in and Kyousuke is really gloomy.

Can't say much more about this episode. Only that it felt really weird.

I wonder what'll happen next.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like only Riki and Rin don't remember what they went through. I don't really get what triggered the events so that they entered this world. Maybe getting caught after escaping together in the last episode.. Not sure what else is there.
    But different from usual loops that has happened so far, Little Busters! has never happened in Riki and Rin's memories in this world. And the moment Kyousuke got back was different. They were in different moods when he made the comeback previously. Rin wasn't a shut-in. Neither was Kyousuke.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Busters!'s always had moments I went like "wait, what did I miss?", but Episode 7 of the 2nd Season, called Refrain, has thrown me off big time. So, as Skyguardian has pointed out, they probably landed in a parallel Universe or something like that (would perfectly explain what Kyosuke meant by "the answer does not lie in this world" whan Riki asked him what has happened to make Rin like that). It truly seems that, as stated by Skyguardian also, tha Riki is the one meant to grow now. Be it as it may, that would, however, not explain why Kyosuke decided to be all gloomy and shut himself in. I have to say that I really came to dislike him for what has happened in Refrain so far, but the way he acts in Episode 7 is... Just. Not. Him.

It really makes me wonder what he is trying to accomplish (and from what we've seen so far it's safe to assume that a lot of the supernatural things occuring are somehow related to him) and I can't understand why he'd go out of his way like this just to help someone grow up. Apparently he doesn't see the need to do that with Kengo and Masato (though I'd say the latter might need it; also we can't say that he hasn't done that to them) but, as we have seen so far, what he did to help Rin grow up (if that was his real intention) did, to put it frankly, destroy what was left of her.

I have not the slightes clue where this might be going, but after having so many characters disappear, probably due to Kyosuke's doing, I am genuinely dissappointed with the proceedings so far. I'm looking forward to how everything is going to come to a conclusion that gets everyone together again (and by that I also mean the people who've joined the Little Busters after Kyosuke decided to play Baseball) but I've got that itching feeling that it either won't make sense or that I won't like it - or, worst case, both of 'em.

Guess all we can do is wait 'till next weekend.

kstefan88
    Quote Quote:
    Carved out of a dragon's bone, bathed in a Dragon's blood and hardened by a Dragon's breath this blade is our only true friend in battle. It will never bend, it will never break and it will never turn on our backs. If we lose it, we are lost.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    I'm looking forward to how everything is going to come to a conclusion that gets everyone together again (and by that I also mean the people who've joined the Little Busters after Kyosuke decided to play Baseball) but I've got that itching feeling that it either won't make sense or that I won't like it - or, worst case, both of 'em.
    No, worst case, they will come to a conclusion that won't get everyone together back.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    No, worst case, they will come to a conclusion that won't get everyone together back.
    That I'd hate even more, now that you mention it. Until now all of them always managed to get back together again, I can't see why that would change. Though, I'll give you that, Little Busters! has never really been predictable.
    Quote Quote:
    Carved out of a dragon's bone, bathed in a Dragon's blood and hardened by a Dragon's breath this blade is our only true friend in battle. It will never bend, it will never break and it will never turn on our backs. If we lose it, we are lost.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    That I'd hate even more, now that you mention it. Until now all of them always managed to get back together again, I can't see why that would change. Though, I'll give you that, Little Busters! has never really been predictable.
    Key games don't always have happy endings. I expect the ending to be bittersweet, at best.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 7:

So basically Riki is in a new world now. Somewhat a second chance or something like that? I really think Kyousuke shut himself in to make Riki grow this time. Kengoo and Masato don't want him to be like Kyousuke though. Very weird. Rin became even more of a shut in and Kyousuke is really gloomy.

Can't say much more about this episode. Only that it felt really weird.

I wonder what'll happen next.
    I don't think it's an alternate world. Masato and Kengo seem to remember everything, so does Kyousuke. They all reacted strongly when Riki suggested that they play baseball. Something is making Riki and Rin forget. They changed, not the world. Something happened to them after the police found them, between episodes, that is making them forget.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't just forget. They "traveled" into the past. Rins changes aren't explainable with the police incident me thinks.
    Everyone dislikes the fact that Riki is acting like Kyousuke did. Especially Kengo who already loathes Kyousukes way of doing things.
    I'm pretty sure it will be pretty gloomy in the near future...

I bet that secret is not a fun thing either.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they traveled back in time. It's almost more like time moved forward, but the world was reset and their memories were cleared. Finding the baseball triggered deja vu for Riki, feelings of nostalgia he could not explain. His last memory of playing baseball were from when he was a kid, but holding the ball still stirred memories.

Spoiler show

Rin vaguely remembered playing catch with Riki, but not when.

Spoiler show

Kengo and Masato have been acting like they know something for a while now, ever since Rin was sent on the student exchange. They both seemed to understand what Kyousuke was doing. Masata didn't seem to like it, but accepted it. Kengo did not seem to like, or accept, whatever was happening. After Riki said that "the answer must be in another world", Masato left, saying "if you've gotten that far, you should be fine". Riki also says that Masato know.

Spoiler show

Something must have happened to Rin in between episode six and seven, after they were captured by the police, but before Riki woke up. There has to be some explanation why she was suddenly afraid of Kengo and Masato too. Before they ran away she was not afraid of them. Something that happened between episodes triggered her fear.

This episode seemed more about a gap in memory, rather than in time or dimension. Riki and Rin were left with a sense of deja vu, while Kyousuke, Masato, and Kengo all seemed to know what was going on.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just dont know what to think of the plot anymore, I just want answers lol. Or rather at least explanation for Kyosukes new persona. Just cant handle him like that, and Rin seems odd, I kind of dont like how she isnt independent somewhat. In any event, Riki needs to think hard about things.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No Kaiten they are back in May again. Trust me.^^
    Time didn't move forward. Look how everyone else behaves. Kyousuke already is in his final year. He came back at the beginning of season 1 and this is the same day, the same situation.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I agree with the other part though. Everyone else knows what is going on. Riki and Rin don't.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the episode title about? May 13? Apparently, I lost track of time. Was this an important date, maybe marking the date Kyousuke returned for the first time?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    What is the episode title about? May 13? Apparently, I lost track of time. Was this an important date, maybe marking the date Kyousuke returned for the first time?
    This is exactly it. That was the day on which the first season began.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    No Kaiten they are back in May again. Trust me.^^
    Time didn't move forward. Look how everyone else behaves. Kyousuke already is in his final year. He came back at the beginning of season 1 and this is the same day, the same situation.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I agree with the other part though. Everyone else knows what is going on. Riki and Rin don't.
    Kyousuke is supposed to come, and go, relatively frequently. He leaves to find temporary work, returning when the job is over. The episode began with Riki saying he would be strong like Kyousuke. The rest of the episode showed Riki struggling to fill Kyousuke's role. If they had gone back in time, it would be as if nothing had happened. They did happen, only Riki and Rin can't remember them. Rin is also wearing the same outfit she wore on the day they ran away.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true but the episode is called May 13. The last arc happened in June.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast