Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Busters! ~Refrain~

Little Busters! ~Refrain~

Episodes: 13
    Aired: Oct 5, 2013 to ?
    Producers: J.C. Staff, Warner Bros.
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School

Synopsis
    Second season of Little Busters!
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 20, 2013 at 08:44 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little Busters! ~Refrain~

I hope we learn the secret of the word this time, its been on my mind since it ended, like what can it even be?
    Also more of the Riki Kyousuke thing, cute confession that one episode.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1:

That was intense...
    Lesson learned... Never get on Kurugayas bad side... That poor door... I would prefered it if she did it to that b*tch...
    That episode began so lovely with that pancake party... and then baaaaam... Holy crap...

In the end it looks like my theory is correct. It seems to be some kind of loop. Is that the secret of the world? Riki has to fullfill the requests so he is able to break free? Something like that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1 was so good. Everyones back and it feels all happy again. Pancake party was hilarious and Kengo feels much better than last season. Also Riki Kyosuke moments are quite strong. Curious how that plot will play out with the opening moment of Kyosuke dreaming of Riki and then the ending thing with the rain in the room. I hope it wont be super tragic as I just cant imagine Kyosuke in any more or even type of pains Riki too with his narcolepsy still.

ED song is fantastic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that immunity I gained somewhere during season 1 wore off, because the voices were waaaay too sickeningly sweet to my ears, and I didn't find any particular humor to the pancake party, which was odd as I do think the show can be funny when it wants to. Any how this really got good for me when Kurugaya completely lost her shit it started raining. I can't wait to see what the rest of this season has in store for us!

------

scratch what I said about the pancake party, I always laugh at people who over eat.

---------- Post added October 12, 2013 at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2013 at 11:24 PM ----------

Episode 2:

Now THIS is what I I remember me liking about season 1, the humor this time really had me laughing and I'm pretty interested in seeing where this arc heads... wait a second...this feels familiar- oh GOD. IT'S THE ENDLESS EIGHT! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! Ok jk, At least Rikki remembers that this happened already.

Spoiler: best scene in the episode: show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Best conversation about love ever... Again the Riki x Kyousuke topic...
    They way Riki looked at Rin after he was asked... So that's how it is...
    Good that we all now know which kind of girls they like...
    But seriously what happened to Kengo? He broke his arm and not his brain! XD

I just love the airhead trio... Haruka getting scared by her own story.. x'D

It was so sad to see a heartbroken / jealous Rin... It's clear as day that this girl has feeling for Riki...
    Kurugaya was really cute in this episode but apparently that wasn't what Riki had to do... Maybe he should've done something else on this day but he didn't, so time was reseted.

---------- Post added October 20, 2013 at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

Episode 3:

The loop continued and nobody complained about snow in summer... So Kurugaya was a genius with no emotions... Again the Little Busters were able to teach such a girl the way to smile... Very beautiful.

All in all I might've understood what really happened but maybe I haven't. Something will happen at the field trip. The show is really hinting that.
    So why did she say good bye? Why did she vanish?
    "Protect Rin" is the thing which might be really important.
    The Kurugaya-arc was really bittersweet although the ending felt kinda unfinished... Too bad this show is one cour... =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is Kyousuke, I hope nothing happened to him

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Anego wish to stay in that time forever? If it's something like how Riki always wishes to stay with his friends, would this dreamlike state ever happen? Because it looks like Anego knows something is going to happen.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it's been posted, but details are available for Little Busters Ex:

Little Busters Ex was an adult expansion pack with three new heroine routes. Sasami and Kanata Futaki will both get arcs, along with a new character named Tokido Saya. There will be 8 episodes, included with BD/DVD's of Little Busters Refrain. They will be released between January and June 2014.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Why did Anego wish to stay in that time forever? If it's something like how Riki always wishes to stay with his friends, would this dreamlike state ever happen? Because it looks like Anego knows something is going to happen.
    It's probably related to the notes from season one, attached to the kitties. Kurugaya probably knows the truth about their world, though I don't think she was the one sending the notes. I have a strong feeling they were sent by Kyousuke. He had left school on several occasions. Season one began when he came back to school. Episode four is the beginning of the Rin route, we probably will learn the truth during this arc.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thats interesting for releasing EX like that and not a tv airing. I wonder if the anime will be adulty, if thats the right word for it, out of my alignment unfortunately.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Well thats interesting for releasing EX like that and not a tv airing. I wonder if the anime will be adulty, if thats the right word for it, out of my alignment unfortunately.
    That is my best guess, that they did not want to censor (and then restore for home release) adult content. It could also be a scheduling thing. They probably did not want to attach Ex to Refrain, but did not want to wait a year, or longer, to air on TV. And it's going to be too long (eight episodes) to be a Nekomonogatari style TV special. Probably a little bit of both, but who knows.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

That episode felt really forced. The couple stuff happened out of nowhere. It reall feels like they are rushing this.
    Anyway I liked their reactions. Rin and Riki are a very cute couple and they do look good together. But this wasn't what's really important right now.

I think the puzzle is almost complete... First of all I agree with Kaiten. Kyousuke has to be the one who is writing the letters. Furthermore not only he knows he secret of this world. All members of the Little Busters apart from Riki and Rin do.

Remember the story of the 8 dwarfs? Back then I already thought it refered to the Little Busters and looking how first Kurugaya and now 3 more girls "vanished" it makes sense. Additionally Kyousukes speech about "you have to be strong when I'm gone" fits in here very well.

So I really think this world isn't real. The only thing I don't know is why they live in such a world. I bet it has something to do with the upcoming field trip...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lennen is back with more tasks and this time potentially the final one. I think my heart will be aching though as Kyousuke seemed like he hinted he will be taking a formal exit soon, I just cant and the one scene made it look like they were already bidding him farewell even

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 4:

That episode felt really forced. The couple stuff happened out of nowhere. It reall feels like they are rushing this.
    While I don’t hate Riki x Rin; in fact I kind of like it, I have to admit I’m not a huge shipper of that pairing, not like I was of
    Spoiler: Clannad spoiler show
    at least…

Regarding Riki and Rin becoming a couple…I didn’t find it totally forced. Yeah, it was kind of weird to see them become a couple after they made us put some (or a lot of ) emotion into Kurugaya x Riki during the first three episodes of the series (I even found myself shipping them a little bit during those eps)…but Riki x Rin was kind of expected it. The fact that Riki and Rin would eventually become a couple was sort of hinted during the first season.

About the confession scene…I’m a romantic girl so I wasn’t very happy about the lack of romanticism during that scene, but then I remembered than LB doesn’t focus too much on romance, it focuses more on friendship.

Now one thing I did like about the confession scene was how uncomplicated it was…I found the zero drama aspect about it to be very refreshing.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway I liked their reactions. Rin and Riki are a very cute couple and they do look good together. But this wasn't what's really important right now.
    Riki was very adorable!! Rin…she wasn’t as adorable as Riki, but she was cute as well. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Furthermore not only he knows he secret of this world. All members of the Little Busters apart from Riki and Rin do. Remember the story of the 8 dwarfs? Back then I already thought it refered to the Little Busters and looking how first Kurugaya and now 3 more girls "vanished" it makes sense. Additionally Kyousukes speech about "you have to be strong when I'm gone" fits in here very well.
    I also have the feeling that they know something that Riki and Rin are unaware of.
    The goodbye scene with Kurugaya in episode 3, Kyousuke’s behavior and his words in episode 4 and some other little details made me think of Komari’s story, the one about the dwarves, too.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but sometimes I get the feeling something really bad happened to the members of the LB gang, with the exception of Riki and Rin, sometimes I get the feeling they are all dead or that they are not part of Riki and Rin’s dimension/world anymore.

Quote Quote:
    So I really think this world isn't real. The only thing I don't know is why they live in such a world. I bet it has something to do with the upcoming field trip...
    I think it is like in
    Spoiler: Clannad show

And maybe I’m completely wrong, but I have the feeling Riki’s narcolepsy is going to play an important role in the story.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Episode 5 - Spoilers show

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast